Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by ICanFly!
And to be clear - changing your PIN may get you into your account, but it won’t be unlocked until you complete the form and email it along with a copy of your passport etc.

Resetting PIN will not cut it.
where can i find the form and which email do i send to? thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by ICanFly!
"Conditions = pay the tickets + Avios Account."

Yup, and they can do that however they see fit.

It's just plain common sense to allocate them first to those who had accounts prior to the promotion, and then to those who opened accounts to take advantage of it. It's a commercial decision and as long as they award the Avios to those who purchased tickets, they've fulfilled their end of the bargain.

You're getting what you paid for. The fact that others are getting them first is irrelevant. If that upsets you, then don't give them your business. They know which passengers account for most of their revenue - those are the people they need to keep happy. But you're getting what you were promised.
Technically they aren't fulfilling their end if it takes longer than the 10 days. I'm not super mad about it though since I understand it takes time to verify the accounts but I still am missing out on the redemption I was trying to get for reasons beyond my control.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
This might sound stupid, but how do you know if your account is locked? I can login fine, but when I go to my profile, I get prompted to login again, at which point it says I'm not eligible to change the same on reservations (which I'm not trying to do anyway, which makes me think it's a website issue).

No points posted yet, old IB account with previous activity, bought tickets from both the UK and ES sites while logged in, all reservations showing in my account fine, so I haven't bothered pestering IB about it yet.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:47 pm

Who exactly are we supposed to send our passport scans to? I have no received any communication from the Iberia.

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by fu841u6
where can i find the form and which email do i send to? thanks!
FORM: https://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conte...bloqueopin.pdf
attach a copy of the doc that you cited on the form.
send it to [email protected]

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I sent in a completed form and a photo of my passport info page yesterday. My account is locked.
1. send an email to [email protected]
2. attach photo of info page of passport
3. form is here:https://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conte...bloqueopin.pdf
4. write your Iberia Plus number in the subject of your e-mail.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:49 pm

It feels really strange and unsafe to send passports to some email address. Their data protection policy must be really terribel.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:50 pm

thanks a lot!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by travelbuglust
It feels really strange and unsafe to send passports to some email address. Their data protection policy must be really terribel.
I agree. I held off as long as I could but it looks like it's the only way.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
New account .. i was locked out and I was able to get my password.
logged in and no points... what should
i do?
I would contact a lawyer about doing a class action lawsuit, if it were me
RyanPerkins likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by yuel

I would contact a lawyer about doing a class action lawsuit, if it were me
Or you could chill for another day or 2. But your call.
Wadexis and RyanPerkins like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
I sent in a completed form and a photo of my passport info page yesterday. My account is locked.
1. send an email to [email protected]
2. attach photo of info page of passport
3. form is here:https://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conte...bloqueopin.pdf
4. write your Iberia Plus number in the subject of your e-mail.

It's funny. my account is unlocked (was never locked to begin with, just a mistake on my side where I entered the wrong pin code) anyway, it's 1 year old account, purchased tickets on 6/24 and didn't get the miles.
I called Iberia today and they checked the reservation numbers and said everything looks good, rest assured you will get the miles, there's just one more thing you need to do... send us an email yada yada, exactly as you specified. This makes no sense.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Crediting flight to ‘activate’ account?

Flying a short haul BA flight today, and thinking of crediting it to my new IB account (created 23 June) to see if that activity gets the account “active” - what are thoughts on this potentially working? Certainly would show that I’m a human and not a fake/pet account 😝

As a data point: New account, no avios yet. Booked 10 OVD-MAD flights on 24 June. IB Plus number held in my booking, as I created the account the day before bookings. Bookings made in UK, and account registered in UK. Was locked out yesterday, but used the App PIN reset.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
-booked at the last day of the promotion
-account created in 2016
-i am not from any of targeted website regions however i booked at english version of spansih website
-booked 10 trips for next year and fortgot to enter my IB plus number at one reservation and added it later at manage my booking
-received 81.000 miles today(that one i forgot to put my IB plus number upon making reservation is missing)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ristasm
-booked at the last day of the promotion
-account created in 2016
-i am not from any of targeted website regions however i booked at english version of spansih website
-booked 10 trips for next year and fortgot to enter my IB plus number at one reservation and added it later at manage my booking
-received 81.000 miles today(that one i forgot to put my IB plus number upon making reservation is missing)
I booked last day of the promotion, my Iberia account was created 2-3 years ago and I’ve yet to receive my 90k Avios. If Iberia wanted a copy of my passport would they email to ask or am I just supposed to mind read?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.