Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
I got mine this morning. I wasn't expecting them for a week or so because that's how long the Groupon bonus took.

Avios.com's 'Combine My Avios' tool isn't working atm so you won't be able to transfer them from Iberia just yet.
I've received 0 Avios from the purchase, I figured I wouldn't based on the whole experience but glad for those that did receive Avios from the LifeMiles store.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I've received 0 Avios from the purchase, I figured I wouldn't based on the whole experience but glad for those that did receive Avios from the LifeMiles store.
LifeMiles store?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:31 pm

LifeMiles store?
Yes, Lifemiles store, it's not Groupon issuing the 16 Avios per Euro, it's the Lifemiles store. In this fiasco we are dealing with three entities as I understand it, The Lifemiles store, Groupon and Iberia.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:04 pm

Yes, Lifemiles store, it's not Groupon issuing the 16 Avios per Euro, it's the Lifemiles store. In this fiasco we are dealing with three entities as I understand it, The Lifemiles store, Groupon and Iberia.
I thought the bonus Avios came from the Iberia Plus store.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:35 pm

I thought the bonus Avios came from the Iberia Plus store.
You are correct, my error, I was on the Lifemiles site this morning booking a flight and had Lifemiles on the brain.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:23 am

You are correct, my error, I was on the Lifemiles site this morning booking a flight and had Lifemiles on the brain.
We all have our own individual air miles currency on the brain
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks, I got my AmazonBuyVIP/Showroomprive avios too. I'm having a bit of difficulty unsubscribing to the AmazonBuyVIP newsletteer. Any quick tip for doing it successfully?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Thanks, I got my AmazonBuyVIP/Showroomprive avios too. I'm having a bit of difficulty unsubscribing to the AmazonBuyVIP newsletteer. Any quick tip for doing it successfully?
Should be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.

If it takes you to the site (I can't remember what happened when I did it), and you're using Chrome, right click anywhere on the page and select 'Translate to English' which should help.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold , Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Ambassador Spire
Hello Everyone....Still following this thread in regards to the Avios points posting from our adventure in December. I am STILL looking to receive one 8000 points package after I received the bonus 1584 points for that package. Does anyone else have this happening?
And finally I should probably file a dispute with pay pal like most of you did? I read somewhere (maybe on pay pal) that you can still file within 180 days?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator, SPG Gold
I haven't got any bonus points and at this point, I don't really care. I haven't got anything useful in response from Groupon and at Iberia only the Twitter account is relatively responsive, they asked for all the details a few weeks ago but it's all "colleagues working with Groupon" right now.

I got the 5x4k, no sign of the 5x8k. I already asked Amex for the credit fraud form and I will be reporting it to them on Monday.

I moved the 5x4k to my BA account and I'll never do anything with Iberia or Groupon again.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:17 am

I purchase 5 12000-avios vouchers on 12/26 and redeemed them all, but so far I've only gotten 2 of them. Can somebody please advise me what to do? I don't speak a single word of Spanish though. I made the purchase through Paypal, should I file a claim? It looks like the vouchers are expiring in 4 days and I'm really anxious now. Sigh...
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I finally received into my Iberia account the balance of the voucher redemptions on Friday last week, although the transaction was backdated to December.

If you have multiple vouchers ensure you redeem each voucher individually, as the multi voucher redemption tool doesn't IME work.

The Groupon site is unreliable in saying whether a voucher has been redeemed or not. Some of my vouchers never showed redeemed, but the miles arrived eventually.

I contacted Groupon in no doubt dreadful Spanish using Google translate in January - got 4 cut paste holding responses over the next 6 weeks including one after I'd received the miles.

Paypal seem to have slightly different terms depending on the jurisdiction of your account, so best to check within your own paypal account website for disputing a non performing seller. FWIW, I have made a couple of UK PayPal disputes and provided you give everything they want, not had any problem in getting a refund.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:20 pm

I finally filed a paypal dispute for my missing 4*4,000 avios (I have only received 1*4,000 avios).
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by OnScholarship
Here is what my translator provided:

Hi, Kevin:

Thank you for contacting us

'm sorry you had difficulties to get in touch with Iberia Plus: fly around the world with Avios,

the early days when get a new deal on Groupon may be many users are trying to contact for booking and the company may be trying to meet the reserves while their own customers. I understand that can be frustrating not being able to contact rapidly, we ask a little patience while the company solves the situation.

Just to be sure you have the correct contact details, the following are the contact with this company:

Phone: 901 111 500

The company has not told us to have any problem with these contact details, so if you have problems I recommend you try it a few days later. Also if you still can not contact them, please respond to this same email so we can review it again.

Thank you,

Your computer Groupon
Customer Service
www.groupon.eses:

It does sound like Groupon is trying to lay it off on Iberia. The translation sounds canned and not really responding to KEV's specific situation

My situation is that 4 out of 6 Groupons are showing "available" after my processing them "individually" 3 times and getting the Groupenero email and the Iberia "Bonus" email. Needless to say I have not received any Avios. I know that if any of us actually receives these Avios the recipient will post here, and we should assume that if there are no "avois received" posts, we are all still down the rabbit hole.
Been getting this kind of response from Groupon now since the middle of January when only one of my 5 vouchers exchanged properly. Both Groupon and Iberia blame each other and neither are taking responsibility.

Has anyone had any luck with either of these monkeys or should I just go to my credit card company before my 90 days purchase protection expires and get my refund back that way?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Hello Crommes,
I continue to take a look at this thread once a day for entertainment purposes only. I processed a PayPal Claim quite a while ago and did receive a timely refund back to my credit card for the Iberia Plus miles never posted to my Iberia account for Groupons processed. PayPal saved me. Neither Groupon.es nor Iberia were interested and continue to not be interested. Iberia customers should be alarmed at this if they are not already so. Here is something for everyone's reading pleasure, today is the expiration date for Groupons which Groupon.es continues to recognize as "unredeemed." I received an email from Groupon.es yesterday telling me to redeem my Iberia Plus Groupons as they will expire 3-6-16. So, even though I have been reimbursed, Groupon.es is thinking the Groupins never negligently credited after trying to process three separate times, are still alive. I am not going to do anthing with them because I cannot poosibly touch anything related to Groupon,es or Iberia Plus again. God bless all Groupeneros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.