Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I haven't received those yet but I've heard that it could take up to 40 days so I have confidence they will show up. I wonder why it needs to take so long but I think that's what mentioned in their FAQ so it doesn't seem abnormal.
My Groupon purchase was 17/12/15 so the bonus avios should pop up this week then. Fingers crossed.

Couple more more weeks for those similarly elusive AmazonBuyVIP/Showroomprive avios.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Is anyone getting the bonus avios earned by shopping through Ib Plus?
Hi,

I made 7/8 purchases through the IB+ store and the avios corresponding to the first two got approved after aprox 40 days and posted within 24h.
Other 2 or 3 were approved 5/6 days ago but so far not credited.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:06 am

Can I just ask, have the people who've just received their Avios been complaining through Groupon, Iberia or both?

I'm still yet to make any progress so was wondering which methods have been effective.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by BigKev7
Can I just ask, have the people who've just received their Avios been complaining through Groupon, Iberia or both?

I'm still yet to make any progress so was wondering which methods have been effective.

Thanks.
I complained to both, I got canned responses from Groupon. Iberia seemed to be more cooperative.

If you are on FB I would send Iberia a message, they usually respond within an hour.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I didn't lodge a complaint and got my 4K Avios credited on Sat.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:19 am

I didn't lodge any complaints and my 2,000 Avios (along with the iberia portal bonus for the groupon) showed up yesterday.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:53 am

Thanks.
Both. Got a canned message from Groupon saying to talk to Iberia. No response from Iberia email support but they did response via Facebook message, as GTR56 said.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:11 pm

Thanks for the replies. I've sent a Facebook message to Iberia. Let's see what comes back?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: IHG - Spire Ambassador, SPG - Platinum, CI - Gold
Missing avios

So my 2k and 5x4k groupons all got credited and showed up on Iberia two days ago. But the 5x8k groupons still have not showed up yet.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: IHG - Spire Ambassador, SPG - Platinum, CI - Gold
Originally Posted by OnScholarship
Agustin, I am in the same boat as you, while many on this board have a new sense of optimism, I believe the vast majority of the participants are missing Avios because when they went to redeem they may have put multiple Groupons into the form and as it turned out only the 1st actually took, or some other unexplainable phenomenon only known to Groupon. When you look at the current status in your Groupon account, many accounts had "redeemed" and also "available" when in fact many had attempted redeeming Groupons individually for a second and third time individually, only to have their status remain "available. In my account, the ones that took the 1st time were posted to my Iberia Plus account but the ones which were stuck on "available" now show "paid back" but no refund yet. This is not over by far. I am interested in your progress, even if you want to PM me. Good Luck.
What i have noticed is that they are only redeeming the 4k and 2k groupons. Has anyone with 8k groupons actually see those points show up?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:30 pm

2,000 + 2* 12,000 just posted (purchased/ redeemed around Dec 23,25 and 27). Still 3*12,000 outstanding but those were bought a few days later.

I bought 2,000 and then 5*12,000 over several days (I thought it would confuse the system less if I space it out, not sure if that made any difference).

Didn’t chase Iberia or Groupon (but was getting ready to due to the delay). Guess things are just moving at Iberia/ Spanish speed here (no offense to Spanish people, I spent my honeymoon in Spain).

No bonus Avios yet from the shopping portal (both for Groupon and Amazon Privee and the other website that gave free Avios for signing up).

Last edited by GwailoSIN; Jan 25, 2016 at 9:36 pm Reason: More details
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold , Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Ambassador Spire
Purchased one set of 2000 and one set of 8000 Avios on 12/21. So far only the 2000 showed up in my account. Hope the 8000 will post soon and then 40 days later the bonuses.
Don't have FB so I guess I could send e-mail to Iberia once signed into my account??
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Or...you might want to go the snail mail route. That's the only way I ever got a non canned response from Iberia. The way this has been going, it's not going to take that much more time. They should really improve their communications. I'm sure it will all pan out in the end. It's annoying, though.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:44 am

Nice to know progress is being made.... now, upload those bonuses please, Iberia
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards

Thanks.
Contacted both. Got a reply from Groupon (see earlier post) and another follouw-up today that they were still looking into the issue. As I have received my Avios yesterday I have let them know that they can close my issue.

I never got a reply from Iberia. (I have contacted their customer care using the website ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.