Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I requested an update earlier and this was the response:

Can you please update as to what is going on?

Iberia
Hello, *****. Our colleagues still haven't shared any updates with us yet, which means that they are still working with Groupon to solve this problem as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay. Best regards

Can you confirm that there has been a problem with this promotion?
I have read many messages from other people claiming they also have not received their avios

Iberia
Yes, *****. There is been a problem with the promotion and sadly other users were also affected. Best regards

Can you guarantee that I will receive my avios?

Iberia
Hi, *****. If you purchased the Avios and didn't receive it, then you should get the Avios or a reimbursment. Let's see what is the solution offered by our colleagues. Regards

Thank you, I look forward to the updates.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:34 pm

Thanks for the info, GTR56 and kcaluwae. I haven't gotten an update from Iberia yet, but based on what you both wrote, I'm going to give them the five business days. At least if I give them a reasonable amount of time to fix the issue, we'll have a stronger case if I have to dispute the charge to get a refund.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jdhnyc
Thanks for the info, GTR56 and kcaluwae. I haven't gotten an update from Iberia yet, but based on what you both wrote, I'm going to give them the five business days. At least if I give them a reasonable amount of time to fix the issue, we'll have a stronger case if I have to dispute the charge to get a refund.
Starting a PayPal dispute gives them time to fix the issue AND lets them know they NEED to fix it
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Submitted a complaint to Groupon.es yesterday, got the please wait five days thing, as someone mentioned above. Just checked my IB+ now, and they've finally appeared! Purchased 2,000 on 21/12, so hope some others have some success today too.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by guesswho2000
Submitted a complaint to Groupon.es yesterday, got the please wait five days thing, as someone mentioned above. Just checked my IB+ now, and they've finally appeared! Purchased 2,000 on 21/12, so hope some others have some success today too.
Thank you for posting, I checked my account and 22, 000 Avios have posted for me, that still leaves 40,000 that need to post.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
Thank you for posting, I checked my account and 22, 000 Avios have posted for me, that still leaves 40,000 that need to post.
Iberia posted me 18000 avios but leaves 40000
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by guesswho2000
Yep, all missing avios have appeared! ^
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Shinwar
Iberia posted me 18000 avios but leaves 40000
Same here. Bought 14k but only got 10k in my account.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Just checked my account and 18,000 avios have been posted.

I hope those who still haven't got all of their avios can get this sorted.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Just to let you know guys, this is the response that I got from Groupon:

Hola, Umberto:

Me pongo en contacto contigo para informarte que todos los cupones " Iberia Plus" han sido canjeados por el sistema el día 8/01/15. A partir de esta fecha,pasados 15 días laborables , se realizara el ingreso de los puntos Avios,en tu cuenta Iberia Plus.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
12,000 avios have posted this morning with the transaction date of 23/12/2015. I'm still missing 36,000. It probably has to do with the fact that I had to redeem 3 groupons again on 11 January, because for some bizarre reason groupon site thought they have not been used on the original redemption date. I've just checked groupon.es/mygroupons and surprise surprise - only the first one appears as redeemed. *sigh*
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Avios

Originally Posted by wmaciej
12,000 avios have posted this morning with the transaction date of 23/12/2015. I'm still missing 36,000. It probably has to do with the fact that I had to redeem 3 groupons again on 11 January, because for some bizarre reason groupon site thought they have not been used on the original redemption date. I've just checked groupon.es/mygroupons and surprise surprise - only the first one appears as redeemed. *sigh*
My avios have posted too this morning. Something is moving!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
My 2k has posted.

Like I said to all the people who haven't dealt with things in Spain...this is just kind of how a lot of things work.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Spoke to groupon ( in Spanish )

And they said...

Thank you for having contacted Groupon Spain.

I would like to inform you that we have sent your issue with the coupon Avios Iberia Plus express our department troubleshooting to inform you as soon as possible so more detail.

Please wait for our response by email. We do not need to write or call again for your query has already been registered and when we have all the information contact directly with you, giving solution to the incident within a maximum period of 5 working days.

We will do everything we can to resolve your issue in the most satisfying way possible.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
UPDATE: the 4K Avios I bought on 26/12 posted today!

12/26/15 Avios Earned With Groupon Shopping 4,000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.