Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by London Dude
UPDATE: the 4K Avios I bought on 26/12 posted today!

12/26/15 Avios Earned With Groupon Shopping 4,000
Is anyone getting the bonus avios earned by shopping through Ib Plus?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
And 4000 of my 20000 miles posted today.. I am guessing its the only one of the five purchases that says redeemed..

The other four are still lost in the ether I guess..
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
My avios posted and i withdrew my PayPal dispute
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Originally Posted by goldencondor
No - I'd completely forgotten about these actually, but still showing as pending in the Iberia Plustore (once I eventually managed to get it to login!). This is along with the two lots from Showroomprive and Amazon BuyVIP which Raffles mentioned on HfP.

My experience with small random amounts of points posting to IB+ has been fairly consistent, in that they do turn up, but it can take a couple of months, and they'll usually just appear once I've forgotten about them!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by guesswho2000
No - I'd completely forgotten about these actually, but still showing as pending in the Iberia Plustore (once I eventually managed to get it to login!). This is along with the two lots from Showroomprive and Amazon BuyVIP which Raffles mentioned on HfP.

My experience with small random amounts of points posting to IB+ has been fairly consistent, in that they do turn up, but it can take a couple of months, and they'll usually just appear once I've forgotten about them!
Mine still say 'pending'. Could be another month then!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
My avios posted and i withdrew my PayPal dispute
I withdrew two of the three disputes I filed. I'm still awaiting 40,000 Avios or 5x8000 coupons.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:30 pm

All of my Avios have posted. Good luck to everyone else! Sorry to see some people have only had partial credits. My IB+ store credits are still pending but, like others have said, I'm gonna give those awhile.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:39 pm

All my avios posted as well, took 1 month (dec 22 until today).
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I withdrew two of the three disputes I filed. I'm still awaiting 40,000 Avios or 5x8000 coupons.
Originally Posted by jdhnyc
All of my Avios have posted. Good luck to everyone else! Sorry to see some people have only had partial credits. My IB+ store credits are still pending but, like others have said, I'm gonna give those awhile.
Originally Posted by alekd
All my avios posted as well, took 1 month (dec 22 until today).
Good to hear that Avios are posting. As regards the partial Avios payouts, perhaps Iberia/Groupon aren't processing them all at once?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: Some
Avios I bought on 23rd December have now posted but the ones I bought in early Jan I'm still waiting for, so I think they must be slowly going through in chronological order.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Avios I bought on 23rd December have now posted but the ones I bought in early Jan I'm still waiting for, so I think they must be slowly going through in chronological order.
I doubt it is chronological, I purchased my coupons and processed them all the same day I purchased them and yet I am still missing 40,000 Avios.

Last edited by Agustinl71; Jan 24, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:09 pm

I received my 14000 avios as well. (12000+2000)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I doubt it is chronological, I purchased my coupons and processed them all the same day I purchased them and yet I am still missing 40,000 Avios.
Agustin, I am in the same boat as you, while many on this board have a new sense of optimism, I believe the vast majority of the participants are missing Avios because when they went to redeem they may have put multiple Groupons into the form and as it turned out only the 1st actually took, or some other unexplainable phenomenon only known to Groupon. When you look at the current status in your Groupon account, many accounts had "redeemed" and also "available" when in fact many had attempted redeeming Groupons individually for a second and third time individually, only to have their status remain "available. In my account, the ones that took the 1st time were posted to my Iberia Plus account but the ones which were stuck on "available" now show "paid back" but no refund yet. This is not over by far. I am interested in your progress, even if you want to PM me. Good Luck.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:54 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Yes, yes, yes! :-) My avios have appeared in my account. All 5 purchases at once. Wonders do happen. :-)

I haven't received those yet but I've heard that it could take up to 40 days so I have confidence they will show up. I wonder why it needs to take so long but I think that's what mentioned in their FAQ so it doesn't seem abnormal.

Good to hear that Avios are posting. As regards the partial Avios payouts, perhaps Iberia/Groupon aren't processing them all at once?
I suppose this will be related to the erratic behavior of the Groupon website. It took some serious effort to redeem those coupons. You got various errors trying to do so. I had to enter several of my coupons multiple times before I got the confirmation mail and they showed up as redeemed. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the coupons are not registered as redeemed in their systems.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:40 am

I received a private message via Facebook to let me know That 22,000 Avios had been credited to my account. I confirmed this and notified Iberia that 40,000 Avios are still missing, they said they would look into it and let me know what the discover in their inquiry to their partenr, I assume the partner is Groupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.