Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up Wow. Just wow.

G... D..., Hyatt. [redaction mine] You sure do want my business!

Thank you!!!

:-::-::-::-::-:

It shows on the Accound Details page as posting 23 Sep 2009, and then the narrative version on My Promotional Awards page. (When I saw the earlier start date and the Andaz part, I wondered if these were the tease we heard about at The Event, but it got delayed.)

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Wow, I finally got something free from Hyatt this year...
Sheesh, TG, you have to rub it in. And you're starting to sound like jumpdogjump...
Old Sep 24, 2009, 3:41 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Do either of these brands exist in Asia/ANZ?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Just found mine too. Thanks Hyatt and San1k!! time to find a fun weekend trip with the family this fall.

I just realized though that I have a super basic GP question that I don't have the answer to. Do free nights at Hyatt count towards our diamond requal # of stays (like hhonors)? Normally I don't care, but this year I may.

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 4:05 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
I just realized though that I have a super basic GP question that I don't have the answer to. Do free nights at Hyatt count towards our diamond requal # of stays (like hhonors)? Normally I don't care, but this year I may.
No, they do not. Hilton is the only program of which I am aware that counts award stays toward status.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:16 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Thanks SanDiego1k ^^^. I wouldn't have found this if it weren't for FT!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
No, they do not. Hilton is the only program of which I am aware that counts award stays toward status.
Deleted...

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 28, 2009 at 6:46 pm Reason: ...because my "they can never do enough" comment didn't belong here.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I don't think Hyatt needs to count award stays towards status. If they did, they would have to take something away, and I would rather not have that.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:45 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Do either of these brands exist in Asia/ANZ?
Nope.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Firewind
you have to rub it in. And you're starting to sound like jumpdogjump...
I am not sure whether this offends me or jumpdogjump. Does this get me into the fruit-su club?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:32 pm
pdb

Thanks, Hyatt, and thank you SanDiego 1K for discovering and posting the info.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I very well may have to revise my HP paid reservation for tomorrow ... Thanks to Hyatt.
And I used mine last night with a total room cost of $1.13 ($1 room rate plus tax). I wasn't going to argue about a stay I was going to spend $120 on just a day before and figured that cost was probably the newspaper.

ETA: I also made a conscious effort to use this award on a needed stay before conflicting with The Next Big Thing.

Last edited by icurhere2; Sep 25, 2009 at 6:08 am
Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Got mine as well but being based in Europe I will not be able to use it
We europeans are often at a disadvantage in this respect
In this respect I wonder if Hyatt will ever consider opening Hyatt Places in Europe, after all Sheraton is doing well with Four Points
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks SD1K - just looked and there it is. (did not get email, though) I don't think I have ever looked in that section!

Thank you Hyatt. What a great gesture....especially on top of the FFN promo. You certainly make your Diamonds feel appreciated....^
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
It was mentioned above about a 5k Hyatt GP points post. Was this recent? A phantom post? I am after a DEL5K bonus post from Hyatt GP which I called about yesterday day. My account increased by 5k yesterday afternoon but there is no line item under account detail which notes DEL5K. Any info appreciated. Sorry about be a little off topic.

Thanks to Hyatt. Appreciate the stay credit for HP or HSS.
FWIW, I too had a DEL5K post and had no idea what it was. No real clear information attached to it to distinguish what it was for.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:44 am

It's gonna be tough for me to find a time to use this free night. Wish they wouldn't have offered it right smack dab through FFN when I actually wanna pay for my HP/HSS nights. But I certainly don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth, so definitely no complaints from me about this free night.

In fact, thanks Hyatt for the generous offer!! ^^^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.