Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!

Why no announcement? Was it meant to be a stealth promo?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:55 pm

I would also like to express my thanks. It was a pleasant surprise that will be put to good use ^
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoveries, HH Gold, SPG Gold, A-Club Silver, IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
Is the award transferable?

I would like to know if the award is transferable as I am not travelling to US and the award expires on 31 December 09. Can I redeem it and give it to someone?

Cheers
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by karenalexislee
I would like to know if the award is transferable as I am not travelling to US and the award expires on 31 December 09. Can I redeem it and give it to someone?

Cheers
Great question - no HP or HSS in Asia, nor any Andaz from what my search shows.

And a BIG thanks to HGP once again for exceeding expectations and to the OP for the alert.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Wow, I finally got something free from Hyatt this year...
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Even those based outside the US seem to have them this time. I'll get one of my stays coverted from paid to free now. Thanks Hyatt!^^
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Wow! Im spoiled!

Thanks Hyatt!

I feel spoiled actually. I only have one YTD paid night at a Hyatt.....and that was a priceline booking of $39 at a HP in Topeka, KS.

And the diamond status is a free upgrade from Platinum status which came free with my CO Presidential Plus card.

Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Even down under in Australia, we've been given one, very nice, thanks, but ..
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:09 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Thanks for the post I would have never checked. I got one free night at a HP or Summerfield Suites, and one free night at any Hyatt that "exp. June, 2010".
I think the second award you mentioned is from the "Big Welcome" contest when they gave away 10,000 nights like five or six months ago. You should check your account more often!

Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
Awesome, newly minted diamond and would never have even thought to look for this, it actually took me a couple minutes to find. Now if they could just open an HP in Paris .
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:02 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by TerryK
Why no announcement? Was it meant to be a stealth promo?
According to FT's own Gold Passport Concierge, the notices will follow shortly (like tomorrow). Hyatt seems to frequently do this kind of thing before notification (as Peteropny also noted in another post).
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
A communication promoting this exclusive offer will go out by e-mail on Thursday, September 24th, 2009 to our Diamond members who receive our promotional e-mails. For those Diamond members who prefer direct mail, they will receive a direct mail piece next week.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Lots of bad press this past week with the Boston Hyatt hotels housekeeper mass firing scandal erupting in the press.

Is this an effort to appease the Hyatt diamond elites in the face of boycott calls?

It would be nice if the free night were transferrable.
There are probably some former housekeepers in Boston who could use a free night to help get through a new job interview.

http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/hbr...d_damagin.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../09/68499395/1
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Transfer

Since i will have no option to go for a free stay at a Hyatt place in this timespan, are they transferable?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Wow, I finally got something free from Hyatt this year...
Ahem
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
? please. 5k bonus points. Thanks.

It was mentioned above about a 5k Hyatt GP points post. Was this recent? A phantom post? I am after a DEL5K bonus post from Hyatt GP which I called about yesterday day. My account increased by 5k yesterday afternoon but there is no line item under account detail which notes DEL5K. Any info appreciated. Sorry about be a little off topic.

Thanks to Hyatt. Appreciate the stay credit for HP or HSS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.