Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
It was mentioned above about a 5k Hyatt GP points post. Was this recent? A phantom post? I am after a DEL5K bonus post from Hyatt GP which I called about yesterday day. My account increased by 5k yesterday afternoon but there is no line item under account detail which notes DEL5K. Any info appreciated. Sorry about be a little off topic.

Thanks to Hyatt. Appreciate the stay credit for HP or HSS.
I think that must have been my post regarding a 5,000 GP bonus that was posted before I received the targetted email offering it. After completing a DEL5K stay, I received two 5,000 GP bonus credits, neither of which identified the reason. After I got an email offering me 5,000 points on my next stay, I realized one bonus must be for that promotion, and the other for DEL5K. (Combined with the 2,500 MC, G2 and 1W bonuses, I earned over 20,000 points on a 2 night stay!)
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:45 am

It's there in my account. Thanks Hyatt!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:34 am

No Hyatt Place in Europe... Useless award for me.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:54 am

Thanks, Hyatt! ^

It's these thoughtful and creative touches that make Hyatt stand above the rest, especially when 80-90% (or more?) of a hotel's loyalty program is the same as the next international hotel chain. Every day, it seems my decision to switch to Hyatt is reinforced by the wonderful service, elite program, and hotel quality offered worldwide.

Now, to plan a one-night escape!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
wow, cool, just found it, Im not sure I've ever been to the promotional awards section of my account before as now I've found my suite upgrades too

thank you Hyatt, this will come in handy especially on a weeknight

one question, how do you book this online?

Originally Posted by satori
Lots of bad press this past week with the Boston Hyatt hotels housekeeper mass firing scandal erupting in the press.

Is this an effort to appease the Hyatt diamond elites in the face of boycott calls?

It would be nice if the free night were transferrable.
There are probably some former housekeepers in Boston who could use a free night to help get through a new job interview.

http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/hbr...d_damagin.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../09/68499395/1
get off your soapbox
there is not any exodus of Hyatt Elites b/c of this event you moan about
BFD about the above it happens in every industry all the time
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:21 am

Sweet! I got one too! ^
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:50 am

My wife and I got one too. As there is no HP & HSS in Asia I hope the award is transferrable. Can Karen confirm this.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks. I will see if more detail appears then make the inquiry. Appreciate.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
I got the email and got the free night. Thanks Hyatt!

Part of the email:

ENJOY ONE COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT AT HYATT PLACE OR
HYATT SUMMERFIELD SUITES

DEAR .......,

You are invited to enjoy a special offer exclusively for our Hyatt Gold Passport™ Diamond members. Hyatt™ is proud to offer a range of unique hotel experiences around the world to meet your travel needs. We are especially excited about two Hyatt brands that continue to grow within the Hyatt family, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites™. To experience our unique hospitality at these brands, we are pleased to provide you one complimentary night to be enjoyed at either Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites.
T&Cs:

Member will receive one free night award at Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites valid October 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009. Free night award will be posted to your My Promotional Awards and can be redeemed by signing into your Hyatt Gold Passport account via goldpassport.com or by calling 1-800-228-3360 or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Free night award is valid for standard guest room accommodations. Free night does not include service or incidental charges. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Last edited by todorovic; Sep 24, 2009 at 10:04 am Reason: Added T&Cs
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:57 am

I like that! SanDiego1K & Hyatt-I Thank U Very Much!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Thanks to SanDiego 1K and Hyatt from me too!

I received the Hyatt Place night, and noticed I also had a Big Welcome Free Night too that I wasn't aware of. I don't normally look up "My Promotional Awards" except during FFN time. I guess it doesn't hurt to check it periodically.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Thanks very much to SanDiego1K, as I probably wouldn't have even looked at "My Promotional Awards" until FFN checkup time in November.
As I'm already planning several Unnecessary Stays this fall, I probably won't use this, but I do appreciate the gesture.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up

Got mine too.

Thanks GP
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:42 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I got one and I was Comped to Diamond

I haven't stayed at a Hyatt on a paid stay in years but decided to give them a try this year.

This is certainly a warm welcome.

Thanks San Diego 1K
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum & a bunch of hotel statuses
Thanks Hyatt for this & thanks to SanDiego1K for telling me about it - I never would have found it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.