Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:59 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Strange. The T&C says "Member will receive one free night award at any Andaz hotel worldwide and one free night award at Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites valid 5/1/2009 to 12/31/2009." But I swear I checked "My Promotional Awards a few weeks ago and never saw this.

Last edited by thc; Sep 23, 2009 at 6:23 pm
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
I jusr found mine,1 free night at hyatt place.WOW thanks hyatt.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
By happenchance, I found a free night at any Hyatt Place in my promotional awards. I've no idea when it was posted or why, but another diamond has reported the same to me. It's valid til the end of the year any night of the week. Has every diamond received this? Did anyone get an email from Hyatt explaining it?

The Ts&Cs also mention a free night at Andaz, but I see no award from them.

Thank you, Hyatt!
I asked GP agent to investigate as she did not see Andaz in her version of T&Cs. I suspect it's a typo but knowing Hyatt's customer friendly handling of similar situations they may decide to honor it. Let's see how it goes.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:28 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by thc
But I swear I check "My Promotional Awards a few weeks ago and never saw this.
Yeah, mine wasn't there yesterday. But thanks, to SanDiego1K I just checked and it's there now! ^

A bit ironic too, as I just made my first paid Hyatt Place reservation (Tampa/Busch Gardens, FL) in months just yesterday! I guess I will have to make an "adjustment" to the reservation. lol

Looking forward to the Andaz award as well, if the T&C's are correct! I haven't yet had the pleasure of staying at one yet. Thanks Hyatt GP!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:49 pm

It's curious that it was supposed to be valid as early as 5/1. Looking at my account activity, an unidentified award (I assume this one) just posted today. No email announcing this yet, but it could be like the targeted email for 5,000 bonus points that showed up the day after the surprise bonus posted!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
This Diamond got a free HP award as well - no site of the Andaz one yet.

Thanks Hyatt!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:14 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear Flyertalk members,

I wanted to clarify the terms of the new Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites Free Night Award posted today in our Diamond member’s accounts.

The free night award is only available at Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites between 9/23/2009 and 12/31/2009. It is not valid at Andaz. There is an error in the terms on the promotional award, that will be rectified in the next week. We sincerely apologize for the misinformation and any inconvenience.

Here are the correct Terms and Conditions for these awards:

Member will receive one free night award at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites valid 9/23/2009 to 12/31/2009. Free night awards will be posted to your My Promotional Awards and can be redeemed by signing in to your Hyatt Gold Passport account via goldpassport.com or by calling 800 228 3360 or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Free night award is valid for standard guest room accommodations. Free night does not include service or incidental charges. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Global Hyatt Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Placer, Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. 2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

A communication promoting this exclusive offer will go out by e-mail on Thursday, September 24th, 2009 to our Diamond members who receive our promotional e-mails. For those Diamond members who prefer direct mail, they will receive a direct mail piece next week.

We hope you enjoy your free night at Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:27 pm

Thank you Hyatt!!!
DH and I just got our "award". Wouldn't have thought of looking for it.
Been too busy trying to figure out where to stay in the next couple of months to earn some FFN. This is definitely a "sweet treat" since DH will be a college roadtrip w/son in October. This way he won't have to totally bounce around.
Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention.
Carolyn
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the post I would have never checked. I got one free night at a HP or Summerfield Suites, and one free night at any Hyatt that "exp. June, 2010".
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you Hyatt!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:05 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Shame about the Andaz. There are not Hyatt Place or Summerfield Suites in Australia, or NYC, LA or Downtown DC where we are visiting. The Andaz would have been useful!

Thankful, nonetheless
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Thanks, Hyatt.

Just another reason why Hyatt is now preferred for me over Starwood. And, you can be sure that I am advocating for Hyatt with friends and colleagues!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I say THANKS to Flyer Talk for providing the venue to share this info. I checked my account tonight and found it there also.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Found mine too. Saw the entry line in my account statement of an award, then the details on the Promo Awards screen. Graçias. Now just have to find one of these newby some possible travels in the coming months. None up here in Canada.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, DL-SLV, JL-SAPPHIRE, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Gold
I got mine, too. Thank you, Hyatt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.