Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting all kinds of silly "help" from Hyatt reps :

1) Try using a different browser - I have tried five different kinds;
2) Try booting - I have rebooted thrice;
3) Try a different computer - I have tried three different computers;
4) It probably went through despite error message, just wait for 24 hours - I called back and a different rep confirmed that no BRG form was received;
5) Try tomorrow, you can submit BRG anytime until 24 hours before check-in - This contradicts BRG T&C;
6) BRG can only be submitted via web form, nothing can be done over the phone - The issue is web form doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the rate booked is non-refundable or else I would have cancelled.

Really love to know if the problem is on my end or not.

Last edited by TerryK; Feb 11, 2017 at 3:33 pm
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:23 pm

Adding to the chorus here -- I have tried two different browsers multiple times tonight and received the same error message.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dc_traveler
Adding to the chorus here -- I have tried two different browsers multiple times tonight and received the same error message.
Perhaps Hyatt has quietly shutdown BRG.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I was just told that the Hyatt Member Rate is not eligible for a BRG, so I need to book the higher Hyatt Daily Rate and then resubmit my request. I swear they just make stuff up now. I'll probably get a response denying my new claim because I didn't book the lowest available rate.

After hitting diamond the last 4 years, I have 38 nights so far this year and 0 are with Hyatt.

Edit: Of course, I'm having the same issues that everyone else appears to be having so I'm not able to resubmit the claim. The rate has to be cancelled by tomorrow too, so I guess I'll have to stay elsewhere unless the BRG goes through pretty soon.

Last edited by spgplat21; Feb 13, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I was just told that the Hyatt Member Rate is not eligible for a BRG, so I need to book the higher Hyatt Daily Rate and then resubmit my request......
I encounter this issue too. Hyatt BRG requires exact match between rate terms. Makes sense to exclude third party rate with special rate terms yet makes no sense to exclude hyatt's own lower rate and requires booking higher rate on Hyatt. I was rejected once for the same reason but was approved after resubmission with higher booked rate. It should work if lower rate is still available when BRG team reviews it again.

.....Of course, I'm having the same issues that everyone else appears to be having so I'm not able to resubmit the claim. ....
Hyatt finally admitted website issue after I complained to web support. The phone agents were just clueless. Web support said they are working to fix it without providing any timetable. Me think Hyatt should take BRG submissions over the phone before website can be remedied or else BRG team will be bored.

Perhaps you can reply to your BRG rejection email, after booking new rate, and see if that works.

Last edited by TerryK; Feb 13, 2017 at 6:21 pm
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I was just told that the Hyatt Member Rate is not eligible for a BRG, so I need to book the higher Hyatt Daily Rate and then resubmit my request. I swear they just make stuff up now. I'll probably get a response denying my new claim because I didn't book the lowest available.
Originally Posted by TerryK
I encounter this issue too. Hyatt BRG requires exact match between rate terms. Makes sense to exclude third party rate with special rate terms yet makes no sense to exclude hyatt's own lower rate and requires booking higher rate on Hyatt. I was rejected once for the same reason but was approved after resubmission with higher booked rate. It should work if lower rate is still available when BRG team reviews it again.
Look at it from the other side. Hyatt requires a competing rate to be publicly available. If they compared with the member discount rate - which isn't publicly available - they'd be very two-faced.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by danger
Look at it from the other side. Hyatt requires a competing rate to be publicly available. If they compared with the member discount rate - which isn't publicly available - they'd be very two-faced.
Good point, and I can understand why they might not consider that rate when comparing Hyatt's best rate to a third party rate, but instead of denying the claim, they should have just mentioned that in the e-mail and approved it.

Denying the claim because I decided to a compare it to an even cheaper rate seems crazy and making me rebook at the higher rate and resubmit the claim was a waste of everyone's time.

On the bright side, I was able to just respond to the denial e-mail and they approved my claim since I'm still not able to submit any claims through the website.

Last edited by spgplat21; Feb 14, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Still broken, it seems.

I phoned and the very nice agent I spoke with spoke with a supervisor. The advice was Hyatt isn't accepting any BRGs while the weblink is broken and there is currently no estimate as to when it will be fixed. Given it's Hyatt IT we're talking about, it may never be.

Is this not akin to Sony saying 'Thanks for your warranty claim but unfortunately our IT is pathetic and right now we've decided not to process any claims. Call back later - preferably when your big screen is out of warranty'?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Unable to send a BRG claim as well. Cancelling my reservation.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Unable to send a BRG claim as well. Cancelling my reservation.
Yes, still broken. Has any FTer been able to submit Hyatt BRG since Feb 11? Hyatt phone agent claimed that there were submissions on Feb 11 but I am interested in knowing if that is alternative fact. I was not able to submit Hyatt BRG since around midnight on Feb 11.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I sent them an email through the feedback form and got a response within eight hours. The agent said the form is working again.

Not for me, it's not.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hyatt appears to have finally admitted there is a problem.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by danger
Hyatt appears to have finally admitted there is a problem.
Maybe they are trying to program their system do to automatic denials... It will save everybody's time, after all
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Just checked! it is working again!

https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials...gClaimPage.jsp
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by l380
Just checked! it is working again!.....
Thank you.^ I did a test submission and it worked. It has been down for close to one week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.