Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Shanghai - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Shanghai - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Spent last night here after a 7 hour delayed flight from Beijing.

The hotel is beautiful. The room design isn't quite as cool as the PH Beijing, but the furnishings look higher quality and having high ceilings is nice.

The pool area is perhaps the most beautiful I've ever seen. The restaurants and bars seem ok - their main restaurant on the 91st floor has Joselito iberico ham, which is impressive (but expensive).

Service was fine, though the taxi people let an arrogant Australian in a suit steal my taxi by being assertive and rude which annoyed me a bit. Great hard product (I'd have liked to see a Suite) and a much better approximation of top-end Park Hyatt service levels than the PH Beijing.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moondog
The easiest way to get from ljz to the bund is via the bund sightseeing tunnel (overpriced, but efficient).

I don't think Shanghai is all that great myself, but it's really not fair to judge it unless you stay in the city.

The scammers tend to stick to places that are to be avoided (e.g. yuyyan, e. Nj Rd, dongdong mingzhu).
True regarding easiest way. Faster MIGHT be subway if you want to East Nanjing. 5-10 min walk.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mnredfox
True regarding easiest way. Faster MIGHT be subway if you want to East Nanjing. 5-10 min walk.
Disagree. As silly as the sightseeing tunnel is, it is the fastest way.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Disagree. As silly as the sightseeing tunnel is, it is the fastest way.
It takes you further down the Bund but the ferry is also pretty fast -- and it's even cheaper than the subway. Bit of a further walk from the PH though. But I liked it, felt quite authentic!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It takes you further down the Bund but the ferry is also pretty fast -- and it's even cheaper than the subway. Bit of a further walk from the PH though. But I liked it, felt quite authentic!
Ah yes, the ferry. Whenever visitors request a river cruise, that's where I point them
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
10 minutes walk, at least.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:41 am

Does anyone have a contact for this property. I am styaing here next week but wanted to ask them something before I arrive.

Thank you.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danpeake
Does anyone have a contact for this property. I am styaing here next week but wanted to ask them something before I arrive.

Thank you.
PM sent.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I wasn't very impressed by the concierge here. I wanted to book a one day layover spa time for two and they wouldn't help me without a room reservation. The irony was I did spa before room because I thought Saturday spa time was more important than booking a King room using corporate rate.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
I wasn't very impressed by the concierge here. I wanted to book a one day layover spa time for two and they wouldn't help me without a room reservation. The irony was I did spa before room because I thought Saturday spa time was more important (auntie's time on a Saturday). Was going to book a room after but not anymore!
Yea, I wasn't super impressed with the concierge there. Was below standards for a Park Hyatt the more I think about it.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
My brother had a recent stay here and had a disappointing stay as well. Wasn't impressed with the service, concierge, and F&B outlets. Sometimes I feel there shouldn't be any luxury hotel brands in China due to the overall poor service level. Properties like the PH Shanghai, Andaz Shanghai, etc. are categorized at a higher level than they should be.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
My brother had a recent stay here and had a disappointing stay as well. Wasn't impressed with the service, concierge, and F&B outlets. Sometimes I feel there shouldn't be any luxury hotel brands in China due to the overall poor service level. Properties like the PH Shanghai, Andaz Shanghai, etc. are categorized at a higher level than they should be.
I thought the service at the park hyatt in beijing was decent and had some outstanding service at a marriott in hong kong. Of course, I haven't been to Japan yet and most my experience with the major chains is US domestic. Therefore, my expectations are likely lower.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Red259
I thought the service at the park hyatt in beijing was decent and had some outstanding service at a marriott in hong kong. Of course, I haven't been to Japan yet and most my experience with the major chains is US domestic. Therefore, my expectations are likely lower.
Personally, I don't consider HKG as a part of China, especially when it comes to the travel industry.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Personally, I don't consider HKG as a part of China, especially when it comes to the travel industry.
The chinese government would disagree.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Red259
Japan will blow your mind and sets the bar for service standards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.