Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Shanghai - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Shanghai - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ainternational
Plenty of room in both rooms for a portable bed which I assume the hotel can provide but I'm not sure if there is a cost associated with that.
On my first stay at this hotel a few years ago, they simply did not have them. I was surprised. I don't know whether that has changed.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:12 am

Diplomatic Suite: http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...yatt-shanghai/

View: http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...tt-shanghai-2/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Trying to figure out the best way to use points in Shanghai. We are first timers and are planning to eat and explore. Andaz seems to be the best so far in terms of location, but we absolutely love Park Hyatt's as well, so I'm really torn. PLEASE HELP! The Bund seemed to be a nice view, but that was it.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
The Park Hyatt is fantastic just for the views from high above the city alone. It is pretty dramatic. We always found the Bund pretty accessible even though the hotel is in Pudong obviously. Depending on your length of stay, you could consider staying at both the Andaz and Park Hyatt.

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
Trying to figure out the best way to use points in Shanghai. We are first timers and are planning to eat and explore. Andaz seems to be the best so far in terms of location, but we absolutely love Park Hyatt's as well, so I'm really torn. PLEASE HELP! The Bund seemed to be a nice view, but that was it.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What's wrong with Hyatt on the Bund? I love the rooftop bar there.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:04 pm

Anyone know how much they charge just to use just the spa facilities?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Anyone know how much they charge just to use just the spa facilities?
If you're talking the gym and pool/hot tub, I don't think there's a charge.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
If you're talking the gym and pool/hot tub, I don't think there's a charge.
If you're not staying there, they charge you around Y500.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
If you're not staying there, they charge you around Y500.
Oh we are staying there, just wasn't sure if there was an extra charge for non diamonds like the PH Tokyo etc. I have confirmed that there is no charge.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Oh we are staying there, just wasn't sure if there was an extra charge for non diamonds like the PH Tokyo etc. I have confirmed that there is no charge.
I presumed you were staying there. It's one of my favorite hotels. Gym/pool very nice, way up high. Have a great time!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:38 pm

Thanks, headed to PVG and HKG this weekend, should be a blast. I've read very mixed reviews about the 100 Century restaurant though. I was contemplating a nice dinner there, but have decided on Mr. and Mrs. Bund instead. Anyone here have first hand experiences with 100 Century?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:01 pm

Thanks, headed to PVG and HKG this weekend, should be a blast. I've read very mixed reviews about the 100 Century restaurant though. I was contemplating a nice dinner there, but have decided on Mr. and Mrs. Bund instead. Anyone here have first hand experiences with 100 Century?
If you like Japanese food, check out Suntory in the HSBC Building. I'm personally not a fan of any of the Bund places.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:34 pm

Staying here now, and so far almost everything has gone off without a hitch. I few minor quibbles, but other than that this is an excellent property. The views have been wonderfully clear, and the room is very nice. I'll post a detailed trip report when I get back.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
Staying here now, and so far almost everything has gone off without a hitch. I few minor quibbles, but other than that this is an excellent property. The views have been wonderfully clear, and the room is very nice. I'll post a detailed trip report when I get back.
Enjoy those clear views! you never know when they will disappear!!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:12 pm

Deluxe Room with bund view (Diamond Upgrade): http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...tt-shanghai-3/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 12, 2014 at 11:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.