Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Shanghai - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:54 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am planning to be in Shanghai in October and am thinking of trying the new Park Hyatt. However, I am not seeing any special rates at a time when even (especially?) luxury hotels should be at their post-Olympic lows.

I guess I could try to book a FFN, as it's tempting to be the first FFN ever at this hotel! But other than that, has anyone seen any decent opening rate specials for this hotel?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I am planning to be in Shanghai in October and am thinking of trying the new Park Hyatt. However, I am not seeing any special rates at a time when even (especially?) luxury hotels should be at their post-Olympic lows.

I guess I could try to book a FFN, as it's tempting to be the first FFN ever at this hotel! But other than that, has anyone seen any decent opening rate specials for this hotel?
The lowest I've seen it is RMB 3,000/night for the first 7 days in October. After that, it's around RMB 3,600 - 4,000/night.

I'm at the Park Hyatt Shanghai on 06-07.Sep.08 for RMB 3,600/night. Couldn't resist trying it out. And now, with 3 Hyatts in Shanghai, it makes it much easier to do my hotel hopping for the as-yet-unannounced FFN promo.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:20 pm

I was quoted 3600 for a Park Room for Spring of 2009. I was told that a Park Room is 55-60 square meters, while a Park Deluxe Room is 66 sq m. It looks like a stunning property.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
sounds like a great place to use FFN
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Contacted with Gold Passport Service Center and revert that all redeemable award free night was fully booked till the end of October.

Tried to search this property in goldpassport.com (use points) and system showed the following error message:

This property is not valid for the award certificate you have selected. For assistance, please contact Gold Passport Customer Service at 1-866-557-6670 or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.

In addition, Category 5 Hotels list in Hyatt Awards pages only showed as follow:

Australia
-Park Hyatt Sydney
Japan
-Grand Hyatt Tokyo
-Park Hyatt Tokyo
People's Republic of China
-Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by yyliu88
sounds like a great place to use FFN
Typically, new Hyatt properties do not participate in award redemptions (incl FFNs) for the first 3-6 months. There may be exceptions, but personally I would not count on PH Shanghai being available this FFN period.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 6:49 am

Reservations Could Not be Honored

Well, looks like I won't be able to stay at the Park Hyatt Shanghai on 06-07.Sep.08, even though my reservation had been confirmed directly by the hotel a few weeks ago. I received a call from the hotel's DoM this morning, stating they were having some problems completing the facilities on time (or something to that effect). But being very proactive, she had looked into my file for my "usual" hotel and had taken the liberty to book me into the Hyatt on the Bund, but wanting to be on the Pudong side that evening, I opted for the Grand Hyatt Shanghai instead. This would be on a PAID rate, and not treated as a walk.

However, the DoM said that she would also issue me with a letter confirming and entitling me to a free night at the Park Hyatt during my next visit to Shanghai. Very good resolution to this matter. ^
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

I give up, what's a hotel Dom? I am thinking it's someone with whips and chains.....
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I give up, what's a hotel Dom? I am thinking it's someone with whips and chains.....
Oh, sorry...DoM = Director of Marketing.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
it happened to me aswell. i wanted to stay there on the 1st of september - the opening. my booking went through long time before and got cancelled last week. the manager contacted me and offer to book me into hyatt grand and invite dme to stay one night for free after 1st october. i think is hould save it for new years eve

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Well, looks like I won't be able to stay at the Park Hyatt Shanghai on 06-07.Sep.08, even though my reservation had been confirmed directly by the hotel a few weeks ago. I received a call from the hotel's DoM this morning, stating they were having some problems completing the facilities on time (or something to that effect). But being very proactive, she had looked into my file for my "usual" hotel and had taken the liberty to book me into the Hyatt on the Bund, but wanting to be on the Pudong side that evening, I opted for the Grand Hyatt Shanghai instead. This would be on a PAID rate, and not treated as a walk.

However, the DoM said that she would also issue me with a letter confirming and entitling me to a free night at the Park Hyatt during my next visit to Shanghai. Very good resolution to this matter. ^
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
PH Shanghai, no award space

Well. I was just told by the GP CS desk that it can take up to six months when a property "joins" Hyatt for any award space to be loaded. I was hoping to stay at the new PH in early October 2008. Of course they are happy to sell me a room. Any comments on this practice? I think it is a bunch of you know what!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 5:32 pm

I can't book award rez on PARK HYATT ISTANBUL either and it's scheduled to open Oct 1.

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Well. I was just told by the GP CS desk that it can take up to six months when a property "joins" Hyatt for any award space to be loaded. I was hoping to stay at the new PH in early October 2008. Of course they are happy to sell me a room. Any comments on this practice? I think it is a bunch of you know what!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:17 am

Can't book a room at the PH Shanghai for 1st Oct to 3rd October; maybe fully booked. Have to go for the Hyatt at the Bund.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aircoco
Can't book a room at the PH Shanghai for 1st Oct to 3rd October; maybe fully booked. Have to go for the Hyatt at the Bund.
Grand Hyatt is right next door to the PH, that would be a more convenient alternative unless you prefer the Bund hotel.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Oh, sorry...DoM = Director of Marketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.