Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by quanh79
Kmcbrid2,

I noticed the Ads on the bulletin board on the hallway right behind the front-desk. I agreed with you regarding to the food & drink costs. Also, the property give a feeling that it was very private and secluded; we rarely seen more than 5 people at a time by the pool.

In addition note, there is a seafood restaurant in Danang by the beach called "Cua Do?" (you must take a taxi to get there. But we rented a limo bus, and it cost us USD 25 for the roundtrip for 9 people)… The food was fresh and very reasonable (about USD 100 for 9 people). They don't have a menu set…. Just bunch of fish tanks, and you just point to them what you want, and 15 minutes later, it will be at your table. We went there for two nights on the row…
I'm staying here next month. Did you arrange the limo bus thru the hotel or a local rental company?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know what type of suite using a Diamond Suite Upgrade books into? We are going to the resort for a 3-night stay and I would like to use a DSU but Hyatt customer service is saying that there are no suites available?

Have other Diamond members had luck being upgraded without using a DSU?

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm there now on a DSU :-). A regency suite is what you get.

And I doubt you will get upgraded otherwise, you will probably get a view room and that's it. But who really knows.

I would try contacting the hotel directly, they have been pretty helpful for me. Regency suites are very limited in number, but they might offer you something with a bit more space for a small upgrade payment. You never know until you ask directly.

Last edited by RTW1; Mar 29, 2015 at 5:32 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just completed a very good 5 night stay here.... Very nice beach property, with great service. Used a DSU to get into a regency suite that was nice and spacious and had a great view of the beach.
Taxi from/to the airport for a little less than VND 200k. Free shuttle service to/from Hoi An for Diamonds as well....

Pretty decent breakfast and evening snacks as well, no need to go out to dinner every night. Nice food at the beach restaurant too, and I liked the noodle soups at breakfast each morning in the lounge.

Great beach as well. I liked walking to Danang although plenty of pretty empty streches between the hotel and the city where nobody is doing any cleanup. However no options to get a drink on the beach like you would find in places like Thailand except for the hotels. No (white) trash on the beach like in Thailand either....

The gym is pretty decent, the only thing I missed was a rowing machine. Plenty of pools as well. The sea was a bit rough the first few days but was better the last, although notices for ripp currents everywhere.

I will probably go there again when it's convenient although I do find it a bit remote in the evenings. Might combine it with a few days in Hoi An next time.

And although it might be relatively cheap compared to other international beach properties, I still find it pretty expensive for Vietnam. And it is a bit too modern and bland for my taste. It could be located anywhere.

Layout of the property:

Grounds:

Regency club:

Beach:

Main pool area:

Regency pool:

Suite:

Lounge:

Last edited by RTW1; Apr 24, 2015 at 4:22 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:35 am

Does any one know what the current rates are for a taxi from the train station (looks like the airport is of similar distance) to the property? The hotel wants $52 US each way which seems borderline outrageous to me.

It appears to be a 17 minute/10 km drive, I can't imagine that a taxi should be much more than $5-15 US but I'm not familiar with Danang yet.

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Does any one know what the current rates are for a taxi from the train station (looks like the airport is of similar distance) to the property? The hotel wants $52 US each way which seems borderline outrageous to me.

It appears to be a 17 minute/10 km drive, I can't imagine that a taxi should be much more than $5-15 US but I'm not familiar with Danang yet.

Thanks!
In the post above yours, RTW1 reports it cost 200,000 VND for a taxi from airport to hotel, which is less than $10 ($9.26 to be exact).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
In the post above yours, RTW1 reports it cost 200,000 VND for a taxi from airport to hotel, which is less than $10 ($9.26 to be exact).
Thanks, that's what I get for not reading/searching!

RTW1, do you have more details on the "Free shuttle service to/from Hoi An for Diamonds as well...."?

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I was just there last month as well. If you are a Diamond or staying in a suite (not sure about other club rooms) you don't need to purchase a ticket for the Hoi An shuttle. Just call or ask in the Regency Club or front desk in advance (they say at least half hour ahead, but you can reserve earlier if you want) to reserve a spot, then show up at the scheduled time. During my stay both mornings I took the shuttle to Hoi An it was full.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's it... You get it for free when you are a Diamond. And the hotels wants $50 for the limousine from the airport as well. Those services are normally a bit overpriced. But some feel comfortabke with someone waiting for them. And you don't need VND right away, although I figure most will take USD as well.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:19 am

Thanks for the info! We just arrived to the property and were able to find a Vinasun taxi (known to be one of the more trustworthy in Vietnam, they always run the meter and also accept credit cards) at the train station. We paid just 163,000 VND for the trip, about $7.55 U.S. at the current exchange rate.

We'll post a full report in a few days!

Jeffrey
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Hey all,

I am thinking about going in Jan. 2016.

I have not Hyatt status. Overall, I am looking for a nice beach/resort hotel to relax at, get food by the beach, and just overall relax. A day trip to Hoi An may be nice. Is this a good hotel to do this at? Is the beach nice, food quality good, etc?

Any fun things to do at night outside the hotel (most interested in restaurants)

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Hey all,

I am thinking about going in Jan. 2016.

I have not Hyatt status. Overall, I am looking for a nice beach/resort hotel to relax at, get food by the beach, and just overall relax. A day trip to Hoi An may be nice. Is this a good hotel to do this at? Is the beach nice, food quality good, etc?

Any fun things to do at night outside the hotel (most interested in restaurants)

Thanks!
All good except your last point if we you wanted to walk to a restaurant. This hotel is isolated and no restaurants within 5 -10 min walk. There is a Shuttle to Danang but can't recall if it was free for non-PLT members like the shuttle to Hoi an.

I recall hotels further north closer to Danang near restaurants that may meet all your questions.

I thought I recall a hotel closer to Hoi an that had beach access and you could ride a bike in Hoi an.

I don't know if you can get a perfect hotel with beach access, near resturants and near Hoi an and Danang.

I thought Hoi an and Danang had a very different vibe for each other but both were still interesting enough that you should go to both.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just added some pictures to my review in post #94 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24592641-post94.html
Old May 18, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Le Club Silver, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Just added some pictures to my review in post #94 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24592641-post94.html
Thanks for the great review! Can't wait to see it for myself in Jan 2016

Last edited by yeemanz; May 24, 2015 at 2:56 am
Old May 21, 2015, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by yeemanz
Thanks for the great review! Can't wait to see it for myself in Jan 2106
I hope it's still there by the time you arrive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.