Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:25 pm
trd
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond

Hyatt Regency Danang to Open in 2009
10/12/2007 3:40:01 PM
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts and Indochina Land have announced the signing of a management agreement for Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa. Scheduled to open in late 2009, the new resort will be Hyatts second property in Vietnam. Located in the south central coast, Danang is Vietnams third largest city with rich culture and tourist attractions including three UNESCO World Heritage sites: the ancient town of Hoi An, the imperial capital of Hue, and the spiritual capital of Cham civilization in My Son. Danang is also the most important seaport city in Vietnam.

Situated on a pristine 50-acre site with over 1900 feet of beachfront and located in front of the iconic Marble Mountains, Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa offers its guests an idyllic beach setting. The site is easily accessible from major international destinations as it is located less than 20 minutes from the Danang International Airport.
Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa will offer a variety of guest accommodation including 258 guestrooms, 148 condominiums and 30 two-storey villas. The hotel will reflect modern minimalist design accented by traditional Vietnamese architectural elements and will offer the latest contemporary requirements of modern business and leisure travelers. The resort will feature a variety of international dining outlets, spa and wellness facilities offering traditional and innovative therapies and grooming treatments, dedicated meeting and event services and extensive family-friendly leisure facilities.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 9:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

That's great news. That's a beautiful part of the country to which I want to return.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 2:51 am

There is clearly something of a boom in international hotels in Danang. There is also an Intercontinental opening as well as a Four points I believe.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:22 pm

What's the latest on this opening? Dates seem to have slipped...
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richey66
Opening 2011
Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa, Vietnam
http://www.marblemountainresidences.com/
residences include 3BR villas arranged nam hai style
Old May 31, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
just checked - not available in November 2011 ...
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:38 am
Community Director Emerita

The website shows that the hotel is to open yearend 2011. Does anyone have more information?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The website shows that the hotel is to open yearend 2011. Does anyone have more information?
I'd love some info too as I'm planning to be there the end of Dec.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:25 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa, Vietnam

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa, Vietnam is NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE for arrivals from 1st December 2011 onwards. This hotel joins Park Hyatt Saigon (in Ho Chi Minh City) as the second Hyatt in Vietnam. Located on Vietnams picturesque central coast, Danang is Vietnams third largest city with rich cultural and tourist attractions including three UNESCO World Heritage sites. Please let us know if you have any questions about our new location.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
When I googled "Hyatt Danang" this was the first result:
http://danang.regency.hyatt.com/hyat...index.jsp?null

It seems that the website is not ready yet to allow one making a reservation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Us

Please note that Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa is currently not accepting reservations.

For more hotel information please call +84 511 398 1234 or e-mail us at [email protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:34 pm

Nick, Thanks for the heads up. It's Cat. 3 for 12K points per night or $260 USD +, which is very expensive for VN.

I'm wondering how far is this property from Hoi An.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:04 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello!

We just wanted to update, as of today, this hotel is now open!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I can recall driving past the construction site for this property back in 2009 going from Hoi An to Danang. I can't remember exactly how far it is, but it is probably closer to Danang than it is to Hoi An. The location is such that you are not going to make the effort to go to Hoi An for dinner.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Toula
I can recall driving past the construction site for this property back in 2009 going from Hoi An to Danang. I can't remember exactly how far it is, but it is probably closer to Danang than it is to Hoi An. The location is such that you are not going to make the effort to go to Hoi An for dinner.
Thanks Toula. I used google earth and noticed that it's far from Hoi An. Since, we are more interested in Hoi An than going to the beach, we'll find a place closer to Hoi An.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:32 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I was in Hoi An last month and passed through this property on the way to and back.
I can say that this property is maybe 10 mins max to Danang, and about 20 mins to Hoi An by taxi. To me the 20 mins to Hoi An is doable and more exiting than Danang. Not sure what the taxi ride would cost.
Around the property, there is really nothing, just large medium industry making outdoor statues.

Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.