Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
The custom tailors who can quickly produce those custom-made clothes are in Hoi An, 30 minutes away by taxi from Danang. Not sure if there are any in Danang itself..
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
There is, or was, a shuttle to Hoi An operated by the Hyatt.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by bbrooke
We stayed in a two bedroom ocean front in the residences and it was amazing! highly suggest it but make sure you look up where the room is first!
What is the most desirable location?
I couldn't find any map of the place to get a sense of where things are
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Fly613
What is the most desirable location?
I couldn't find any map of the place to get a sense of where things are

Residence A, B, C are on the left.

The villas are on the right, behind them is Residence D.
Fly613 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:59 am

Any DP on anyone ever being upgraded to a villa?
Wondering if I book a 3BR residence, do I have a shot as globalist?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Hyatt Regency Danang - Simply Excellent

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Da Nang this past June. Overall, I could not have asked for a better stay, and everything went great from start to finish.
Booking:
I booked this hotel for 59,000 points for 5 nights. The nights varied in cost. Later on, my father joined my mother and I, and I reached out to the hotel. They were willing to upgrade us to the Regency Suite and also include a rollaway bed at no extra cost. Now that's service.

Living Room

Couch

Bedroom

Bathroom (toiletries are Pharmacopia in big bottles)

Welcome Amenity

Powder Room

Balcony

View from room

Regency Club Spread

Regency Club Spread

Regency Club Spread

Regency Club Spread

Regency Club

Regency Club Spread

Fitness Center

Fitness Center

Fitness Center

Cold Tub

Pros:
  • Check in was processed in the Regency Club.
  • The Regency Suite we stayed in (F118) is still phenomenal. I've seen complaints about the standard rooms needing renovations in the near future, but I thought that it was holding up great. The TV was a bit old though.
  • The amount of balcony space this room has is insane, and it is all an unobstructed.
  • Service at this hotel is just incredible. Period. The club staff in particular knew our names by day 3 and could not have been friendlier.
  • The beach is easily my favorite worldwide and had the balance of being swimmable while also have stunning sand.
  • The Regency Club is great. You can order omelettes in addition to the buffet spread. The evening spread is also large and good enough to not need to eat anywhere else. On the first night, the Regency Club manager introduced himself.
  • Here are some other options you can order in addition to the buffet spread. Link
  • The buffet spread at the Regency Club rotated every 3-5 days.
  • I really enjoyed the gym facilities. The gym was on the small side, but it was made up by the fact that there was a hot tub, steam room, sauna, and a cold tub. Having all 4 is something I love, and I could not get enough of them during my stay. The gym pool is very large and there was never more than one person there.
  • The main pool complex was crowded during the day but it was always easy enough to find lounge chairs.
  • There is also a Regency Club which never got crowded as well. There is an infinity pool of sorts as well as a smaller covered pool. It looked like a hot tub but was not heated.
  • Being on the ground floor, we never had to take an elevator, which I loved.
  • A welcome amenity was waiting in our room as well.
  • Having a second powder room is a great feature.
  • Globalists can get 50% off of the breakfast buffet.
Cons:
  • Food prices are rather high on property, making club access all the more valuable.
  • The location is good and bad. It is good in that its near both Da Nang and Hoi An, but it is also not near anything except Marble Mountain IMO.
  • Though not specific to the hotel, it is a bit hot there during July. Being from Vegas, I can handle heat, but this was a bit rough with humidity.
  • I couldn't pickup Grabs from the main reception, so I usually walked down to the main road to pick them up. Grabs were only $5.
  • Pools did close rather early (at around 8), which I am not the biggest fan of as I do enjoy a late night swim.
For what its worth, we were 3 of only a couple Americans, as I found most guests to be either Vietnamese or in most cases, Korean. I can't remember exactly, but I am pretty sure there was only 3-5 Globalists at the time we were there.

The complaints are generally minor in the grand scheme of things. This hotel is amazing, and I can't wait to return. As long as you can afford and deal with the long flights to Vietnam, I find it so much better in terms of value than SoCal, Hawaii, etc.
Fly613 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Here are some more images that couldn't upload.

Cold Tub

Sauna

Steam Room

Regency Club Pool

Regency Club Pool

Lobby

Main Pool

Main Pool

Beach

Regency Club Spread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.