Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Yup I only recommend Mai Linh in VN. I used GrabTaxi at pretty much every city.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:02 am

I took simply any cab in the queue. They are all fine. Runs by meter, very professional. From airport it's 200-220K VND. There are some ATMs right outside the airport by the cab kerb to withdraw cash if needed. Foreign cards unfortunately are charged a fee, like Thailand.

Officially they are supposed to accept various credit cards but may not like the hassle... I've had two cabs say their machine "was spoiled" but because I had adequate VND on hand I didn't push it any further.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I recently had success emailing this hotel directly to apply a DSU when the website showed no suite availability. It's worth a try.
Same here. But they will not upgrade you further to one of the residences because they claim these are owned by private owners who need to see a return on their investment every time their property was rented out.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I took simply any cab in the queue. They are all fine.
I think this is very bad advice in Vietnam, a country rife with taxi scams. It's not exactly hard to stick with Vinasun or Mai Linh, because there is ample supply. Others may be fine, but the odds of being scammed are much greater.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Appreciate the feedback on this forum. Very helpful. I've been to Da'nang twice but on official trips.

My wife and I are planning a trip there in December 2016 and I've pieced together a stay using my free night award, redeemed mile and one paid night. The points and paid night are in a room that allows access to the club. I'm wondering for the one free night award if I could pay up to get club access. Has anyone experienced this before? That way we could try to argue for one room throughout the total duration of the stay.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Same here. But they will not upgrade you further to one of the residences because they claim these are owned by private owners who need to see a return on their investment every time their property was rented out.
And what they claim is true... why would you expect another free upgrade when it must be clear to you these are owned by private investors and only managed by the hotel when an owner wants rental income?

Last edited by RTW1; Oct 26, 2016 at 5:16 am
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Pay for club access on points + cash stay

Originally Posted by mh3265a
Appreciate the feedback on this forum. Very helpful. I've been to Da'nang twice but on official trips.

My wife and I are planning a trip there in December 2016 and I've pieced together a stay using my free night award, redeemed mile and one paid night. The points and paid night are in a room that allows access to the club. I'm wondering for the one free night award if I could pay up to get club access. Has anyone experienced this before? That way we could try to argue for one room throughout the total duration of the stay.
I am staying here in February and have a similar question. I've booked a points + cash rate, wondering if the hotel will offer a paid upgrade to club access. Don't know what my price point would be, but I'm really intrigued to know whether the property even does this. Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why don't you contact them directly.... that's the way to get a straight answer to your question.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Why don't you contact them directly.... that's the way to get a straight answer to your question.
Yeah definitely was planning on it; probably a week or two before I arrive. The rate difference for paid stays is currently 1,200,000 VND, which is just about my upper limit. Wonder if it'll be capacity controlled. When is this property's "high season"?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I found that this property is very good at responding to requests, I would do it sooner rather than later though.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:02 pm

Is the club worth it here?

I can do 18,000 points and $254.41 cash for regular or
9,000 points and $821.41 cash for club.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
The club had a very good breakfast, and evening snack presentation, with wine, beer and mixed drinks. The restaurant breakfast was much better but mire costly
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

For club premium of $189 a night for 3 nights, if there are just 2 of you, then I'd say this equates to $95 per person per day for food and beverage. Rather steep. But if there are 3 of you then it's more acceptable at $63 per person.

The club has nice cook to order noodles every morning and absolutely divine croissants that are so authentic and fluffy - I still crave for them!

The evening spread is enough to make a meal if you're vegetarian inclined (as most of the food served are salad in nature, with the exception of a single portion meat dish per person that they bring out from the kitchen individually).
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I wouldn't pay those prices for lounge access at this property.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:16 pm

Any recommendations on the best way to contact the property? I've gotten no reply using the general "reservation.danang@hyatt" email. Is there an email address for the GM?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.