Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Bump, hoping for a room tip.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I've stayed twice there in a Regency Suite. Once on the Northern side of the property overlooking the main pools. The second time on the Southern side overlooking the villas. They were both fine and had great views, so I guess it comes down to what you want to look at or hear - waves crashing or people at the pool.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks so much, over the waves is what we'd like!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Suites/Villas

We stayed last year in a 3 Bedroom Residence. Our room was not ready when we checked in and so we spent half a day in a standard room. I have not seen the exact room types that you are considering but the room styles are very similar and I studied this in detail when I was in your shoes before our trip.

I believe you'll be happy with the Regency Suite if it's just the two of you. There's no reason to go for the Villa in my opinion. The regular beach is so secluded and not crowded that the Villa private beach is overkill.

I think it is better to stay in the blocks near the main pool area (close to Green House restaurant) for convenience. We stayed in the residences on the North and it was a little far. It's not a terrible walk by any means but in humid Vietnam weather, sometimes you just want to get inside ASAP. Also, the golf carts that you can call for a ride do not always show up quickly.

We tried to upgrade our 3BR Residence paid stay into a Villa using my DSUs and emailing the GM. No dice. I think it's a longshot to upgrade the Regency Suite into a Villa, but also unnecessary. You'll overachieve if you get the Executive Suite upgrade for free, but again I think that is also unnecessary.

You will have a good stay here. It is one of the nicer Hyatts. Everything is cheap in Vietnam. The food at the pool house restaurant for lunch was very good and inexpensive. We also got room service a few nights and it was quite reasonable and the service was great. Even the hotel spa was bearable in USD, and we never ordinarily pay for massages at hotels.

Last edited by bluto; Jan 3, 2015 at 1:44 am
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Recent Stay

I just returned from a 6 night stay in Danang- we had a Regency Suite (via DSU), which was great for the two of us.

We were in room E314 on the northern side of the property with a view out to the pool and the waves, it was very convenient to get to the main pool / restaurants. The Regency Club was about a 5 minute walk away- the club pool had very comfortable beds to sunbathe.

I spotted another Regency Suite in what must have been block C that would have had pure sea views.

Here is what our view was like: http://imgur.com/wjW6NzJ

Happy to provide more photos.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

How was the weather? The predictions with lots of rain, and the desire not to fly much more on this holiday made me switch to later in the year....
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
How was the weather?
It hovered around 20-23. Of the 5 days we were there it rained for two of them, not counting a couple of light showers, despite this, the humidity meant that it was t-shirt and shorts weather. Since we were walking a lot around Hoi An and Danang it suited us. The pools were a little cool for simply relaxing in however.

On a couple of nights it was a little chilly- the rooms do not have heating so we requested a couple of extra blankets.

A couple of outdoor hot-tubs would have improved the pool situation greatly. The changing rooms in the gym had spa/sauna, however outdoors would be good as it is more social.

According to the staff I spoke to August is the warmest time- I plan to return around then.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by tororm

According to the staff I spoke to August is the warmest time- I plan to return around then.
You could come in September when we have a mini Do...
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:23 am

Can anyone confirm if GM is still Zulki Othman? It seems to be as of Q1 2014 but haven'r found anything recent to confirm if this is still the case.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Can anyone confirm if GM is still Zulki Othman? It seems to be as of Q1 2014 but haven'r found anything recent to confirm if this is still the case.
We stayed there last week. The welcome card had his name and title (GM) printed, though we never met him.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Stay in November 2014

On my last trip to Vietnam last year in November; I decided to book three rooms for 2 nights each using C+P and DSU for all rooms for my families (10 totals). Two of the rooms got upgraded to Club Deluxe King, and my own room got upgraded to the Executive Suite. When we arrived at 9am on the date to check-in, our rooms were ready and they even let us check-out at 7pm for all three rooms. Overall, it was very nice stay, the staffs at the club lounge were very nice and accommodate to all our requests. In the evening, from 8 – 10pm, they have live music at the restaurant by the pool and drinks are buy one get one free. I am planning to come back to the Regency again at the end of this year.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I will post this on coupon connection but thought it may be useful here too (hope this allowed).

At the London Do each year, those who stay win a prize that is donated by hotels around the world. One attendee won a really great prize of 3 nights in a club room at the Hyatt Regency Danang but is unable to use it. If anyone would be able to use the voucher in the next few months, can they let me know? I would appreciate it if you could write a review after the stay, but otherwise there are no conditions attached.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm going there for the first time for a 5 night stay at the end of next month. And I will write a review anyway, but if you cannot find another worthy cause... ;-).
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by quanh79
In the evening, from 8 – 10pm, they have live music at the restaurant by the pool and drinks are buy one get one free. .
I just finished a 5 night stay two days ago. There was no live music at the restaurant and no one advised of a buy one get one free.

I must say I think this place is a hidden gem within Hyatt's S.E. Asia hotels. Great value (pool side restaurant had $3USD beer, $5-7USD cocktails and most food was under $10 USD) I'm currently staying a Sheraton Hanoi and paying $15 for food with less quality.

I would venture to say the only suite better within S.E. ASia is Hyatt KL suite. Great ocean view and spacious.

Then you add Hoi An and this place has the full package in my opinion.

If you are a Dia and traveling in S.E. then you must add this to your trip plans! Save your DSU so you can enjoy the 2nd best suite in S.E. ASia.

Our previous favorite beach property was Hua Hin (we have not stayed at Hyatt Phuket or Hyatt's in Bali) but this place has moved up and trying to figure out how we can get back to use DSU again!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I just finished a 5 night stay two days ago. There was no live music at the restaurant and no one advised of a buy one get one free.

I must say I think this place is a hidden gem within Hyatt's S.E. Asia hotels. Great value (pool side restaurant had $3USD beer, $5-7USD cocktails and most food was under $10 USD) I'm currently staying a Sheraton Hanoi and paying $15 for food with less quality.
Kmcbrid2,

I noticed the Ads on the bulletin board on the hallway right behind the front-desk. I agreed with you regarding to the food & drink costs. Also, the property give a feeling that it was very private and secluded; we rarely seen more than 5 people at a time by the pool.

In addition note, there is a seafood restaurant in Danang by the beach called "Cua Do?" (you must take a taxi to get there. But we rented a limo bus, and it cost us USD 25 for the roundtrip for 9 people)… The food was fresh and very reasonable (about USD 100 for 9 people). They don't have a menu set…. Just bunch of fish tanks, and you just point to them what you want, and 15 minutes later, it will be at your table. We went there for two nights on the row…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.