Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Here's the relevant excerpt:

Jenny Weller and her husband traveled from San Diego to Palm Springs, Calif., last month to celebrate their first wedding anniversary for two nights at the Hyatt Palm Springs.

The 42-year-old high school social science teacher says she found water damage on the bathroom ceiling, rust around the toilet and mold in the shower. She also said the air conditioner didn’t work and the curtains had holes in them.

“When it’s a big brand—for example, the Hyatt—you expect a certain type of quality,” she says, adding that the room cost about $343 a night before taxes and fees.

After calling customer service, she received 12,000 loyalty points, she says, enough for one free night at a Hyatt under some circumstances. She says she’s not planning to return to the hotel.

Supply-chain issues and staffing shortages have affected routine preventive maintenance programs at the hotel, according to an emailed statement from general manager Kevin Watson. He added that renovation and refurbishment plans are in development, and guest satisfaction is the highest priority.

Hyatt is working closely with this hotel to ensure the guest experience meets the brand’s standards, Paul Daly, the company’s senior vice president of global franchise operations and owner relations, wrote in an email statement.
dw and 59Impala like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:39 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
What is described in the article is pretty on point. (See unthread for my stay from last spring… the short of it was I was satisfied with my stay because it was a good value for using points, but it was probably the worst maintained Hyatt I have ever stayed in). It seems like “renovations” have been promised for months now. At a certain point you have to wonder if it’s really supply chain issues or the property owner dragging its feet.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dw
What is described in the article is pretty on point. (See unthread for my stay from last spring… the short of it was I was satisfied with my stay because it was a good value for using points, but it was probably the worst maintained Hyatt I have ever stayed in). It seems like “renovations” have been promised for months now. At a certain point you have to wonder if it’s really supply chain issues or the property owner dragging its feet.
Dragging.

David
dw likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I usually make a quick check of Hyatt properties, esp places where I have not stayed - but I guess in my mind I thought "Palm Springs...it must be nice"
Stopped for one night - and yeah, easily the worst Hyatt I have ever stayed...including Hyatt Place's that cost less than $100...and I also paid 300+
Interesting is the post stay survey that arrives - isn't the regular Hyatt survey (we all recognize those) - it's from some other survey service? Probably just gets ignored.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:29 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

At least you received a survey I haven't received one in 10 to 15 years or more
IMO Hyatt stopped listening years ago except when something is on official record like a Consumer Affairs case filed by a guest
Even then its filed in the circular file.We are pretty much noise around the edges these days
I'll assume you wont be recommending the property anytime soon
Anything particularly glaring to share?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by dw
It seems like “renovations” have been promised for months now. At a certain point you have to wonder if it’s really supply chain issues or the property owner dragging its feet.
How about for years?I'll assume the pandemic threw that plan into turmoil survival mode.Assume most premium guests are at the Kimpton
Others dancing on the hopes of Andaz PS coming back from the ashes of being built and opened under any brand name
Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
At least you received a survey I haven't received one in 10 to 15 years or more
IMO Hyatt stopped listening years ago except when something is on official record like a Consumer Affairs case filed by a guest
I get surveys after 90%+ of my stays and often get follow ups on the back of my responses. I would certainly not say that Hyatt stopped listening years ago.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I get surveys after 90%+ of my stays and often get follow ups on the back of my responses. I would certainly not say that Hyatt stopped listening years ago.
I agree with this - but I would say more like 50% for me. But i definitely get feedback indicating that someone actually read what I wrote in the review
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:25 pm

No love from Hyatt here No surveys ever!
I am not worthy
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:20 am

It’s just an observation and I do believe that to be true in my perception
I am happy to hear they have been communicating well and listening to you

Historically Hyatt listened way beyond surveys.They observed social media and participated in interaction with guests
They now seem to take no interest whatsoever in what any of us think other than those that get the formatted surveys
which tend to be hotel related unless that’s changed.I am out of the loop having not seen one in years!
Its of my opinion they are out of touch with the needs and expectations of todays members relying on old laurels
The program seems highly out of whack with the overpricing of reward redemptions and reduced benefits
Not to say things are bad everywhere.

Outside of Flyertalk there is clearly anger and frustration on other blogs and it seems to really be triggered by the recent exclusion of many elite members in their targeted marketing campaign leaving them high and dry with nothing
When is the last time Hyatt even commented in this community?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:16 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
same here 90% and often get feedback.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
No love from Hyatt here No surveys ever!
I am not worthy
spam folder?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
same here 90% and often get feedback.

spam folder?
Not even
it’s bizarre.I’ve brought it up to Hyatt but got the deer 🦌 in the headlight response 🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a recent stay here- massive suite upgrade, which is of course a very dated room. Sadly this property could be so much more. Breakfast at the downstairs restaurants for Globalists wasn't that great, in fact my least favorite breakfast I've had at a Hyatt. However, location is great and staff friendly.

Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:37 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
At this point, wishful thinking is probably 2025 for the much delayed room refresh/renovation to be completed, assuming Hyatt is waiting for the Thompson to open before having the property owner start a renovation on this property. (I’m assuming the Thompson is not opening this year.)
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Its funny how that video makes this hotel actually seem, well, not that bad. The dated design and dark colors were depressing when I stayed there. The entire concrete structure and atrium design is very outdated and its just not a pleasant place to stay for more than 1, maybe 2 nights max.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.