Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm thinking of driving out from Los Angeles for the holidays, to just relax and swim. I get the feeling that the Indian Wells resorts is a better choice as I've seen a few Tripadivsor reviews complaining about cleanliness (not a good sign ever, but especially now).

Anyone stay at both and can opine? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by beachfan
I'm thinking of driving out from Los Angeles for the holidays, to just relax and swim. I get the feeling that the Indian Wells resorts is a better choice as I've seen a few Tripadivsor reviews complaining about cleanliness (not a good sign ever, but especially now).

Anyone stay at both and can opine? Thanks in advance.

the Hyatt is a dump. A better motel. I‘d go with Indian Wells. Especially if you want to swim. Not sure if you have kids, but a new pool with slides just opened up. I hear that the Regency Club is permanently closed though, if that is of interest to you.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 27, 2020 at 11:29 pm
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by 59Impala
the Hyatt is a dump. A better motel. I‘d go with Indian Wells. Especially if you want to swim. Not sureif you gave kids, but a new pool with slides just opened up. I hear that the Regency Club i permanently closed though, if that is of interest to you.
Thanks! Swimming is a big deal but no kids so glad to hear that they have an adults only pool. Not sure what they’re doing for breakfast but we are ready to deemphasize food.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:24 pm

I've stayed at the Hyatt Palm Springs twice. I wouldn't say it is a dump. It is a fantastic location though don't expect it to be a resort... it is a hotel. If you go into it thinking of it as a Regency, you'll have proper expectations. The rooms are very large and I think all are suites (separate bedroom).

Here is my write up including some pictures: https://singleflyer.com/2018/10/21/h...prings-review/
beachfan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Room generally looks a bit filthy.
+1 This hotel is in a great location and a guaranteed suite is great. They definitely need a renovation but even before that, they need to do something about cleanliness. I would not quite classify it as filthy but it does not feel very clean - especially for a Hyatt.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:50 pm

Just completed a two night stay at the Hyatt Palm Springs. To say this property is long in the tooth would be an understatement. I was upgraded from a standard king room to an executive suite after inquiring about an upgrade. The nice young gentleman at the front desk was happy to provide the upgrade, which I appreciated. I was not expecting a suite since I'm just a lowly Explorist. The room was spacious but it was terribly outdated and the cleanliness was questionable. There are no food or beverage outlets open at the hotel but plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. It astounds me that Hyatt has allowed a property in such poor condition to continue to bear its name. This hotel is nowhere near typical Hyatt standards and a complete renovation/remodel is long overdue. I had read the awful reviews of this place so I went in with low expectations but I'm still surprised that Hyatt operates such a shoddy property in a premium resort destination like Palm Springs. It's a pity the Andaz never came to fruition. I walked by the construction site and got quite the chuckle from the sign that read, "Andaz Palm Springs: Opening late 2019"
Old Feb 12, 2021, 1:43 pm

I’ve stayed at this property multiple times and twice in 2020. We usually bring our kids and have enjoyed the cabana suites that have easy access to the pool many times. We love the location and being able to walk to shops/ restaurants. On our last stay in September it was just my husband and I so we just got a regular room which was still a suite. We’ve never really had to use the elevator at this hotel on our previous stays or walk the regular hallways as the cabana suites are on the ground floor. I will say staff was always cleaning the lobby area BUT the upstairs hallways were not clean and our room was so gross. I’m so glad we didn’t have our kids because I didn’t even want to sit on the couch. We found drug paraphernalia in our room( not needles but other things), pills on floor and trash under the couch. Furniture was so stained and really quite disgusting. We will not be back until a full remodel is done.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
It's a pity the Andaz never came to fruition. I walked by the construction site and got quite the chuckle from the sign that read, "Andaz Palm Springs: Opening late 2019"
Just checked the Hyatt website I've got good news it says Coming Soon!
Since 2017 that is. Your lifetime or mine?
All kidding aside without a proper breakfast I wont stay anywhere unless its the last resort/property with no other choice
Historically the hotel has had issues everywhere rooms F&B however I've always managed to have nice stays even if I had to switch rooms on rare occasions
HR PS has been pretty good to me over the years.Keep in mind this past 12 months has brought some of the worst hospitality
and the best out of operators more toward the worst in & out of Hyatt Hotels
The light is starting to move through the tunnel now with Covid so eventually things will straighten up or be sold off to the next owners
A sad but often true reality
FlyHappy33 likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 12, 2021 at 10:02 pm
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
In defense of the property it represents the unusual elusive HYATT brand for Brand Explorer benefits. This brand is for sort of transitional, don't fit the mold properties — often on their way to a rebrand.
FlyHappy33 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by stvr
In defense of the property it represents the unusual elusive HYATT brand for Brand Explorer benefits. This brand is for sort of transitional, don't fit the mold properties — often on their way to a rebrand.
this did help me reach my 5 for the second half of last year!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I've stayed at the Hyatt Palm Springs twice. I wouldn't say it is a dump. It is a fantastic location though don't expect it to be a resort... it is a hotel. If you go into it thinking of it as a Regency, you'll have proper expectations. The rooms are very large and I think all are suites (separate bedroom).

Here is my write up including some pictures: https://singleflyer.com/2018/10/21/h...prings-review/
Did you submit your feedback to the hotel? Did they care at all about the broken down bed and cleanliness?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ralphs
Did you submit your feedback to the hotel? Did they care at all about the broken down bed and cleanliness?
Based on the recent TripAdvisor reviews, this property undoubtedly knows the state it is in right now.... and since it’s been like this for months, clearly does not care (or can’t, based on budgetary concerns).

It’s rare that you will see so many complaints across various platforms about a Hyatt property being filthy... but this is one of them. I have proactively cancelled upcoming reservations based on what I’ve read here.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Daaaang this place was a tired dump ten years ago when I stayed for a weekend and it sounds like it hasn't gotten any better.

The tiki bar across the street was fun. Hope it's still there.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Daaaang this place was a tired dump ten years ago when I stayed for a weekend and it sounds like it hasn't gotten any better.

I'll never forget the opaque water in the swimming pool.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by born sleepy

it is.
born sleepy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.