Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mendoza REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
Closure of Mendoza Airport

Aerolineas Argentinas and Austral inform that the International Airport of the City of Mendoza - El Plumerillo (MDZ) "Governor Francisco Gabrielli", will be closed from September 7 to December 7 inclusive, 2016 due to runway maintenance works.

Due to this situation and as an alternative, Aerolineas Argentinas will offer to make the trip to/from the nearest airports: San Juan (UAQ), San Luis (LUQ) and San Rafael (AFA).

Passengers will be able to have free access to a complementary shuttle service connecting the three airports with the Mendoza Bus Station.

Date change

a) Passengers who wish to bring their trip forward, will have 1 (one) free change, only once, from August 7, 2016 to September 6, 2016.

b) Passengers who wish to postpone their trip, will have 1 (one) free change, only once, to travel from December 8 to December 22, 2016 (complete trip) as maximum term.

For both cases, it should be kept the same cabin, as originally issued.

If the passenger wishes to travel on dates other than the established schedule (one-way and/or return), he/she may do so only by paying the fare difference, if applicable, and respecting the air ticket validity.

Route change

1 (one) free route change, only once to alternative airports in San Juan, San Luis and San Rafael will be allowed. Otherwise must be paid only the fare difference if applicable.

Returns

The return of the ticket with no deduction or penalty is authorized.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mendoza REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I should post here that I did my stay (3 nights, points only, NO status).
With no status, I was treated amazingly well- and even on a points stay! So maybe that's a complaint about this hotel from Hyatt elites on here-- since no status pax are treated well, they don't really go out of their way for Elites?

Anyway, I loved the hotel! Would book again and stay again. Excellent friendly service, nice room at the back (slight upgrade too), with great bathroom and lovely amenities (full size bottles of local wine-infused lotions, shampoos, etc). Room was spacious.
Breakfast one day in the restaurant but if you're paying it's decent but a bit spendy for what it is. That said, on a weekday morning it was quite pleasant and not rushed, in a nice high-ceilinged room. Other mornings I had coffee in room and did room service once. All decent.
Lots of excellent restaurants nearby.
Great city, totally recommend it!

Bought one tour from the Hyatt--(the cheapest one, in the back of the concierge's book) for around $25-30 for a half day afternoon wine tour. Most of the people on the bus were Spanish speakers, and while I do speak Spanish they offered me an English tour at all 3 wineries. What that meant was that I had my own English speaking tour guide, while the others (all from South America so also fun to be around tourists not from the USA) went with the Spanish speaking tour guide (maybe 30 pax with one guide). I think most Americans and Europeans take the more expensive, full-day tours with "gourmet" meals.... I much preferred this one. Then the next day I literally hailed a taxi and asked him if he wanted to do an all day tour. He drove me to 3 great wineries that specialize in Champagne/Sparkling wine. Fun day, and it cost around $70 total for the taxi plus a few entry fees. Again, I was given solo tours as an English speaker!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Paid upgrades?

Hi There,

Does anyone have experience booking paid upgrades? We'd love to do C+P + DSU, but it looks like the base level suite isn't available, even though the governor's suite is. We're happy to pay cash to get the larger one, if that's even an option. Let me know!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi There,

Does anyone have experience booking paid upgrades? We'd love to do C+P + DSU, but it looks like the base level suite isn't available, even though the governor's suite is. We're happy to pay cash to get the larger one, if that's even an option. Let me know!
We did P+C in April. Tried to apply a DSU but was told by my Diamond rep no suites available. Fast forward to check-in and we were upgraded to the presidential suite. Best upgrade ever.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
WARNING: The Mendoza airport will be closed for the next several months. Airlines are still selling tickets, but the plan seems to be that they will instead fly to a nearby airport and then arrange to BUS people for several hours to Mendoza or more precisely probably the Mendoza airport.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Good point MSP... I've added a wiki quoting from the Aerolineas Argentinas website. Those airports are a substantial distance from Mendoza. Best advice is to just stay away until next year or take a bus ride over the Andes from Santiago...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone recommend any restaurants near the hotel? I'm guessing the hotel's own restaurant is pricey. Since I'll have a large winery restaurant lunch, I'm probably looking for something casual and cafe-like. Also, I guess I'll need some place for breakfast because I'm only a plat.

Anything else "new" about this hotel that I should know? Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The Restaurants in the hotel are actually quite good, inexpensive for Park Hyatt. I would highly recommend doing a wine tasting in Uvas Lounge I spent around $25 US per tastings which included 4 -5 wines, tapas or cheeses. The pours were very generous, and the wines fantastic. A tasting like this in the California would have cost $50+. This hotel has a exceptional wine program. I also had dinner in Grill Q, it was very good as well, The Argentine Steaks are out of this world .

Outside the hotel to the right on Av. Sarmiento there are several restaurants, sadly I did not get a chance to eat at any of them but they looked pretty good. I ended up eating at a nice, charming Peruvian Restaurant called Sabores del Peru on Av. Aristides Villanueva. I also ate at Francesco Ristorante, this is a famous, family owned and ran Italian Restaurant, it's a Mendoza institution.

I would also highly recommend doing a tasting at "Wine Not". He has a pretty interesting, unique line up of wines, I did the full blown wine tasting, 5 wines with food paring. Again pours are very generous (This is the case all over Argentina!). It's a cute, casual place, you pretty much feel like your at someone house doing a tasting (drinking wine), staff is friendly and after a few drinks I was mingling with a few other tables.

From my experience and from what I heard from others it's hard to find a bad place to eat in Mendoza. It's a foodie town with cheap unbelievable wines! I loved it so much I'm going back in April. You are going to love it!

NOTE: In Argentina and South America they don't eat dinner until after 8PM, and at most places they don't bring the check until you request it. They will let you sit there all night.

Originally Posted by iahphx
Can anyone recommend any restaurants near the hotel? I'm guessing the hotel's own restaurant is pricey. Since I'll have a large winery restaurant lunch, I'm probably looking for something casual and cafe-like. Also, I guess I'll need some place for breakfast because I'm only a plat.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Mar 1, 2017 at 9:44 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by iahphx

When I stayed there 18 months ago, I was on a budget and also used Hyatt points. I went twice to the restaurant that is located as such: exit hotel, go left, walk down to the end of the block, cross the street, and it's on the corner. It's all windows with a somewhat open kitchen design. Very reasonable prices and nice service too. Looked for the name and can't find it.
Oh and also--even if that restaurant has closed or isn't appealing to you-- there is a local wine program that ALL restaurants in Mendoza must have a "house wine" for A$35 or so (about $2-3) per glass.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
Attended the Park Hyatt Masters of Food & Wine event here, it was outstanding. I've attended many food and wine events from San Francisco to NYC and this topped them all. For $50 US dollars it was all you can eat and drink. The wines were phenomenal, food delicious, dessert display was like a candy-land for adults. But, above all from the wineries to the chefs the service was polite, professional, warm and friendly... Mendoza is an wonderful food and wine destination can't wait to go back.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:51 am

How much does this hotel charge for a day trip to tha wineries in Maipu?

We will be there in mid February and I am trying to decide whether to rent a car or book tours.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
I was there for 4 days in November. Got a private driver for winery tours for 2 days. would do this instead of renting car. If you PM me I can give you contact info
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Been a while I see but here is a review from my latest stay a couple of weeks ago. Excellent service at the hotel even if the rooms are a bit dated. I was comped breakfast for me and my wife as an Explorist which was a nice gesture.

Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Any recent-ish stays here?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Wondering the same thing - have already booked it for March next year and will report then regardless.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Wondering the same thing - have already booked it for March next year and will report then regardless.
As long as you expect a dated Hyatt Regency with a bit better service, then you'll be happy at the PH Mendoza.

And with Argentina's external borders closed to foreigners for nearly 18 months, and even domestic travel severely limited, I'd be surprised if any FTer has made it here recently...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.