Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mendoza REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
Closure of Mendoza Airport

Aerolineas Argentinas and Austral inform that the International Airport of the City of Mendoza - El Plumerillo (MDZ) "Governor Francisco Gabrielli", will be closed from September 7 to December 7 inclusive, 2016 due to runway maintenance works.

Due to this situation and as an alternative, Aerolineas Argentinas will offer to make the trip to/from the nearest airports: San Juan (UAQ), San Luis (LUQ) and San Rafael (AFA).

Passengers will be able to have free access to a complementary shuttle service connecting the three airports with the Mendoza Bus Station.

Date change

a) Passengers who wish to bring their trip forward, will have 1 (one) free change, only once, from August 7, 2016 to September 6, 2016.

b) Passengers who wish to postpone their trip, will have 1 (one) free change, only once, to travel from December 8 to December 22, 2016 (complete trip) as maximum term.

For both cases, it should be kept the same cabin, as originally issued.

If the passenger wishes to travel on dates other than the established schedule (one-way and/or return), he/she may do so only by paying the fare difference, if applicable, and respecting the air ticket validity.

Route change

1 (one) free route change, only once to alternative airports in San Juan, San Luis and San Rafael will be allowed. Otherwise must be paid only the fare difference if applicable.

Returns

The return of the ticket with no deduction or penalty is authorized.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mendoza REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Slightly OT: will be visiting PH Mendoza for 4 nights and was wondering since so many have visited and hopefully did not just stay in the hotel, were there any particularly outstanding vineyards/wineries that are a must visit while in the region? We are thinking of getting a rental car for ease of access, I'm assuming the property has parking nearby?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!
Go to the Argentina forum and check the Mendoza thread. You will find all the information you need and more.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Does anyone know whether the hotel accepts payments in cash (ARS)? The rates are displayed in ARS (unlike some other hotels), so I´m hoping the answer is yes.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:42 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Does anyone know whether the hotel accepts payments in cash (ARS)? The rates are displayed in ARS (unlike some other hotels), so I´m hoping the answer is yes.
Yes
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wpj
Yes
Thanks! The odds of me making a trip to MDZ have just dramatically increased.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a related note, can anyone comment on what prices at the various hotel restaurants/bars are like? I assume there are various restaurants not to far away from the hotel, but it would still be useful to get a rough idea. Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:19 pm

Anyone have recent experiences here?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Stayed 12 nights there on June, I was completing the Diamond Challenge with a Virtuoso reservation.
Manager on Duty came to welcome me and told me they upgraded me to a to a Deluxe (corner) room with view of Los Andes.
During my stay I also had a second reservation for some friends for 3 nights. The morning before their arrival I talked to the manager and asked if a Suite was available for them, since they were staying with kids. He told me he would look into that, 1 hr later I got a call from the him confirming the upgrade for my friends! It was a very kind gesture, considering I was just a Platinum at the moment. ^
The hotel is in very good condition, the only problem is that lobby and lifts areas always smell of cigarette
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I was looking at Mendoza because the IC was on Point Breaks, but I saw that the IC is quite far out of town.

As for the PH, Some questions from a person with NO status with Hyatt. Most posts here are from Diamonds.... With no status, I'm just expecting a basic room.
1) How is the gym?
2) Is there a pool that would be open in August?
3) Anyone know current approx. cost of Breakfast at the PH Mendoza?
4) Also, are there some decent breakfast options in the immediate area?

I have enough points for 3 nights there, and it looks like WiFi is free (at all Hyatts worldwide). So, other than breakfast, there wouldn't be other costs, correct?
Thanks for any more info.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I was looking at Mendoza because the IC was on Point Breaks, but I saw that the IC is quite far out of town.

As for the PH, Some questions from a person with NO status with Hyatt. Most posts here are from Diamonds.... With no status, I'm just expecting a basic room.
1) How is the gym?
2) Is there a pool that would be open in August?
3) Anyone know current approx. cost of Breakfast at the PH Mendoza?
4) Also, are there some decent breakfast options in the immediate area?

I have enough points for 3 nights there, and it looks like WiFi is free (at all Hyatts worldwide). So, other than breakfast, there wouldn't be other costs, correct?
Thanks for any more info.
1) Kinda basic, with few but modern machines and free weights, there is one photo of it at hyatt's website: http://mendoza.park.hyatt.com/multim...0x720.jpg.html

2) The pool is outdoors, but it is heated from April until October. Photos on the same link above. The Spa is really big, with wet and dry sauna, jacuzzi, cold plunge pool, relax lounge.

3) Don't remember, but is very good and with lots of options, you should try it at least once.
4) Yes, lots of places to eat nearby, cheap and expensive ones.

Wifi is free and works very well, no other costs that come to my mind.
A city tour bus stops just in front of the hotel every hour during the day, it's a great way to sightsee. http://www.mendozacitytour.com
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by lautaro
1) Kinda basic, with few but modern machines and free weights, there is one photo of it at hyatt's website: http://mendoza.park.hyatt.com/multim...0x720.jpg.html

2) The pool is outdoors, but it is heated from April until October. Photos on the same link above. The Spa is really big, with wet and dry sauna, jacuzzi, cold plunge pool, relax lounge.

3) Don't remember, but is very good and with lots of options, you should try it at least once.
4) Yes, lots of places to eat nearby, cheap and expensive ones.

Wifi is free and works very well, no other costs that come to my mind.
A city tour bus stops just in front of the hotel every hour during the day, it's a great way to sightsee. http://www.mendozacitytour.com
Thanks for those details! I called the PH directly and found that the buffet is AR$160+IVA, so I'd guess around total of AR$190. A good deal if paying cash at the AR$12.68 rate that I'm seeing on Xoom!
There aren't likely too many Park Hyatt breakfast buffets in the world for US$16 incl tax
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:11 pm

Just booked 3 nights, City View twin room.... very happy with the 8,000 points per night rate! I happened to have 24,300 points in my account so what a great way to use them.
Also with free room, I will be more likely to spend the money on the breakfast
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Just checked in

We are a party of 4 with two rooms, separate reservations. I'm diamond and in other room both are Plats in second room. Upon check in, the manager individually greeted the plats thanking them for Loyalty. I was offered points or wine ammenity, and told breakfast was not included in my rate. After mentioning that it is typically included with my diamond membership, the agent asked manager who told me it was free. Anyway a bit of confusion with elite benefits but check in went smoothly.

I got a room facing The Andes, other room is city view. First impressions: does not really feel like a Park Hyatt. I've only been to one other (Buenos Aires) but this feels a bit dated and more in line with a nice Sheraton or Marriott. Overall nice, but my expectations were higher.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blootch

I got a room facing The Andes, other room is city view. First impressions: does not really feel like a Park Hyatt. I've only been to one other (Buenos Aires) but this feels a bit dated and more in line with a nice Sheraton or Marriott. Overall nice, but my expectations were higher.
I would say this hotel does look like a Park Hyatt (if slightly dated), with the original colonial facade fronting a modern hotel. Then again, the PH Tokyo is also 20-years old and looks its age as well and nobody confuses that for a Sheraton...

I can't comment about the standard rooms, though, since I was in a Governors Suite (with a DSU) and it looked like it had been refreshed reasonably recently.

I reckon the problem is that the local economy in Argentina - outside of Buenos Aires - cannot really support a Park Hyatt at Park Hyatt prices. So this hotel scrapes by with whatever personnel can be afforded by a hotel able to charge $100-150 per night. (actually worth much less at the black market rate for pesos)

As an example, turn-down service was offered between 4-5pm. Who wants to return from a day's excursion to find a completely dark room, when there are still 3-4 more hours of sunlight? When I asked (in Spanish) for later service, I was told that housekeeping shifts were ending, and there is nobody available later. i.e. not enough staff...

Same with breakfast. On a busy weekend morning the staff can't keep up, which makes it seem like a 500-room Marriott instead of a serene Park Hyatt.

It's a pleasant enough hotel and the surrounding wine region is great. It's also decent value as a Category 2 award. But of course it's not in the same league as the expensive Park Hyatts around the world.

P.S. The concierge can point you towards a good place to exchange dollars at the "blue" rate. The hotel also accepts cash payments and has a bill counter precisely for that purpose.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
My wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Mendoza on a trip to Argentina and had a great time at the property. It is one of the cheaper Park Hyatts in the world and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

You can find the full review below.

----------------

Park Hyatt Mendoza Review

When we arrived in Mendoza (after bussing over the Andes – see our review of our bus trip here), we took a cab to the Park Hyatt Mendoza. The front facade of the building is perfectly gorgeous and majestic, just like many of the other Park Hyatts we’ve visited (have I mentioned it’s my favorite hotel brand?!).

The 5-star hotel is a bit smaller than several other Park Hyatts, but it’s perfect for a small city like Mendoza. I really love how Park Hyatts stay true to the culture and history of the city and especially loved the restored 19th-century Spanish colonial façade.

The hotel lobby is grand and full of marble, with large, floor-to-ceiling windows and a beautiful dining room.

Main Lobby

We were shown to our room and felt like we were staying in a palace. Since Jeffrey used one of his Hyatt Diamond Suite Upgrade Awards, we had been upgraded to a suite, so we had SO MUCH ROOM! The room and the hotel were very nice, but arguably not as fancy as, say, the Park Hyatt Vendôme in Paris.

I always love the tasty welcome treats at the Park Hyatt- and the Park Hyatt Mendoza left a treat for us each night of our stay instead of just the first night! #winning

Living area of our suite

More of the living room

Bedroom

Views of the city

Bathroom

We had breakfast each morning at the M Bistro, the hotel’s dining room, where breakfast is included for Hyatt Diamond members.

Breakfast/dining room

The only choice was the buffet, which included made-to-order eggs — all we need for a filling and delicious breakfast. They also had a great selection of pastries, bacon, sausage, cold cut meats, cheeses, and even a smoked salmon bar (with capers, cream cheese, egg whites, lemon slices, etc.). The fresh-squeezed fruit juices were also a treat for us — whenever fresh-squeezed carrot juice is available, Jeffrey drinks about 5 glasses.

Breakfast buffet

More breakfast options – free breakfast is probably the very best perk of being a Diamond member!

The best part is that breakfast is served until 11am, so sometimes we’d show up right at the tail-end for an early lunch — perfect for saving a bit of time and money.

View of the hotel from Plaza dela Independencia

The hotel’s location was perfect for a few nights’ stay in Mendoza – it’s just across the street from a beautiful park – the Plaza de la Independencia – and within walking distance to many delicious restaurants and shopping. The Plaza de la Independencia has plenty of green space, fountains and a few museums – it’s a great place for people watching and orienting yourself with a new city, as locals are strolling through and enjoying life with their friends and families, too.

-----------------------------

Full photo gallery and review with proper formatting can be view here: Weekend Blitz - Park Hyatt Mendoza Review
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the nice review and the photos can't wait to visit.

Originally Posted by jmgriffin

The hotel’s location was perfect for a few nights’ stay in Mendoza – it’s just across the street from a beautiful park – the Plaza de la Independencia – and within walking distance to many delicious restaurants and shopping. The Plaza de la Independencia has plenty of green space, fountains and a few museums – it’s a great place for people watching and orienting yourself with a new city, as locals are strolling through and enjoying life with their friends and families, too.

-----------------------------

Full photo gallery and review with proper formatting can be view here: Weekend Blitz - Park Hyatt Mendoza Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.