Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Pentech
Good news for the Globalist breakfast benefit:
  • Free breakfast entrée and drink per guest in the room (up to 4)
  • Taxes/Tips included
Our family of 4 (2 adults/2 children) ordered 4 entrees/drinks and the entire bill (~$75) was comp'ed/removed at checkout.
As it should be according to the T&C of the Globalist program.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
How's this property compare to the Centric a few blocks away?

ETA: Considering the Centric is yet to open, that's a tough comparison to make.

Last edited by CLEguy; Oct 1, 2021 at 11:19 am Reason: I'm dumb
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by CLEguy
How's this property compare to the Centric a few blocks away?

ETA: Considering the Centric is yet to open, that's a tough comparison to make.
I'm also curious about this, and the Centric seems to be open now.
Is there a thread for this Centric?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here Saturday night, it's a category 3 and deserves that rating. The only reason I would return is to have dinner at Dawson's Steakhouse--food and service were fantastic. No suites available, I received a King Executive Corner (had to ask for an upgrade). Walked in and thought I smelled stale cigarette smoke but it may have just been musty. Corner windows didn't really provide a view--just an apartment or office building across the street and you had to climb over furniture to close the drapes. That's okay I don't need a view in downtown Sacramento. The worst part was the bed--like sleeping on a brick. Room just seemed tired and worn, big hand smudges on the full length mirror and crumbs on the carpet. I hate to say it but this one reminded me of the Hyatt in Palm Springs (same era I suspect), at least in Palm Springs the bed was comfortable.

FD said I'd get $25 pp for breakfast. Went to Vines Cafe mid-morning, a Sunday. I could count the number of tables occupied on one hand and most already had their food. Appeared to be 3-4 servers but it took 45 minutes to get my food--server twice said he was checking on it; no offer to refill coffee. The omelet with fruit (replaced the hash browns) was good and piping hot! Waiter said he took it off my bill due to the long wait, I told him you needn't do that, as I'm a Globalist and I don't pay anyway. Oops, he said something about they lost your ticket and you're a Globalist.

Pool itself is pretty small but there was quite a bit of seating, however, all spots were taken even in the 100 degree heat. I will give this Hyatt credit for having two open restaurants plus food served in the bar/lounge which was close to the pool. As I first mentioned, Dawson's Steakhouse is a shining star. I booked a Staycation rate which included a $100 F&B credit plus valet parking (normally $35). Since I can eat again at Dawson's without staying at the HR, next time I'll try the Centric even though it doesn't get the best reviews.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United Silver, American Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
The location is really what sets this place apart for business trips or meetings. You are very close to the Convention Center and the Capitol. I found the staff very pleasant and easy to work with. The one odd thing about the hotel is the gym is outside the building and a 2-3 minute walk. I was upgraded as a Glob in the app and given the Capitol Suite - this was located on the 8th floor from what memory serves. My parking fee was waived on a paid stay which was a welcome surprise.

The suite was a bit dated but lots of a room and a view of the Capitol. There was a lot of construction going on in front of the hotel. I did enjoy my stay here (this was back in May for two nights) much more than the Centric.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Stayed there on Saturday night. Solid choice for 9k pts. Hotel was crowded with multiple conferences/parties. Will give it 4 stars because AC was too loud and there was an extremely unpleasant smell around the entrance form parking.

Next time want to try the Centric as it has two queen room.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:14 pm

I'm not very sophisticated. I like this hotel. Recent stay was solid one. Perfect check in. Status recognized, parking charge waived (points stay) and lounge access granted without prompting. Fitness center access requires a short walk on the streets of downtown Sacramento (3:00AM for me), which is a little weird, but the facility was nice, clean, functional.

Weekday morning and evening service in the Regency Club.

Prefer this hotel to Centric.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Mrs B stayed here recently as she was attending a convention. Very solid except for the housekeeping which was non-existent. Hotel management flatly refused to clean rooms for anything less than a 4-night stay (still using the “covid” excuse). For me that would be a nonstarter on a multi-night stay. But otherwise earned top marks from Mrs. B.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:26 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
We recently completed a three-night stay here. The good: across the street from the State Capitol, generally helpful staff, good buffet breakfast, and an Explorist upgrade offered to high-floor corner King overlooking Capitol Park.

The not-so-good almost entirely focused on issues with the room: noisy HVAC which had to be reset by the duty engineer in order to cool the room down to tolerable, dresser drawers which opened on their own and wouldn't stay closed, too-small vanity in the bathroom, and generally an "old/worn" feel about the room. Long-past time for a refresh, given even the prevailing rates. As Steph58 well observed, it's still a Category 3, which is fair for this dated property.

Although our housekeeping experience was better than Boraxo's +1, we did have to "keep after" housekeeping, to get even light service. Since the hotel was full on the weekend, largely because of the Kings/Warriors playoffs a few blocks away, I'm guessing that that overwhelmed the housekeeping staffing levels.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:39 pm

I stayed here one night as a stop over on the way to Lake Tahoe in March and really liked the hotel and location. I was upgraded to one of the suites and loved the room. I'd definitely stay here again. The AC worked fine in my room btw....

Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Tonyr4

Wow. That is a loud rug.

David
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DELee
Wow. That is a loud rug.
Sure is. The rug and sofa are new since last time I was in one of those suites (several years ago).

Note the absence of any windows in the living room. Not a fan of the suite, always preferred the corners.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:40 am

I used a free night certificate and got upgraded on a crowded Friday night to that suite in the photos which was going for $800 when I checked it on the app. You guys will find any little reason to complain over here, I'm glad you are not my customers!!!
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sure is. The rug and sofa are new since last time I was in one of those suites (several years ago).

Note the absence of any windows in the living room. Not a fan of the suite, always preferred the corners.
From a view perspective likely depends on whether you have view toward the State Capitol or towards the Mall. On our singular stay there, we had a mall view.

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I used a free night certificate and got upgraded on a crowded Friday night to that suite in the photos which was going for $800 when I checked it on the app. You guys will find any little reason to complain over here, I'm glad you are not my customers!!!
Unsure why its necessary to think that all customers for a given business have to absolutely appreciate every design decision and selection that a given hotel makes.

At this time, as reported above, the housekeeping and excuses provided by the hotel for not serving its customers properly are clearly noted in recent prior posts. Using COVID as a continuing excuse not to serve your customers is truly lame. If cost cutting is what you're doing, then simply state that.

It is also unfortunate that Hyatt is not enforcing any sort of standard in this regard and particularly at this hotel adjacent to the capital building of the State of California.

David
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:17 am

I've gotten so used to traveling without the room being serviced over the last three years that I actually prefer it now versus someone entering our room. We do a better job of keeping the room neat oversevles now during the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.