Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Had a stay this past Friday night. Asked for an executive corner king at check in, got one on the 9th floor. Stayed on a nice BRG rate of $110 a night, almost 4500 total points for the stay after the 1K amenity and 2.5K for club closure.

Once again ordered off the regular menu versus taking the buffet, all charges were removed. Not sure if this is a laid back policy of buffet only but I've been successful twice in a row now. The banana, avocado and kale smoothie is excellent.
I've always been given the option of buffet or a la carte at every Hyatt (non-club) I have stayed at.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:47 am

3 weekend stays in a row have been told of the complimentary buffet (or order off menu) which is a great Diamond benefit to me. However, all three times we have had to contact hotel after the stay for charges to actually be removed. It's a bit frustrating. I still like the hotel and it's great location near the booming downtown but this is frustrating.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
3 weekend stays in a row have been told of the complimentary buffet (or order off menu) which is a great Diamond benefit to me. However, all three times we have had to contact hotel after the stay for charges to actually be removed. It's a bit frustrating. I still like the hotel and it's great location near the booming downtown but this is frustrating.
Last time I was there, they overcharged me by over $300 on a one-night stay. Then failed to credit the stay. Definitely some quality-control issues at the front desk.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Last time I was there, they overcharged me by over $300 on a one-night stay. Then failed to credit the stay. Definitely some quality-control issues at the front desk.
Strange to hear. I felt the handful of times I stayed there the Front Desk staff, went ABOVE and BEYOND for me and my group.........I did have a billing issue, resolved quickly with the billing dept

As far as AM Breakfast on weekends. was GREAT. Would just tell the Server I was a Diamond member. Maybe throw in a "Do you KNOW who I am? As I flash my Diamond card)
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
Strange to hear. I felt the handful of times I stayed there the Front Desk staff, went ABOVE and BEYOND for me and my group.........I did have a billing issue, resolved quickly with the billing dept
The front desk staff here are super friendly and helpful. But I have had several post-stay billing issues.

btw, I had an extended e-mail discussion with the property about internet. They advised me that the system has been substantially upgraded, though I have yet to test that out.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Happy to report the HR Sacramento is renovating rooms. Got upgraded without asking
to a one-bedroom suite with modern furnishings. Love the gigantic TV too.

Club lounge closed tomorrow AM but getting a buffet breakfast instead. Hopefully won't run into
billing issues like some of you have endured.

Last edited by milesmutt; Apr 10, 2017 at 1:41 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by milesmutt
Happy to report the HR Sacramento is renovating rooms. Got upgraded without asking
to a one-bedroom suite with modern furnishings.
Yes those are definitely new furnishings.

I actually prefer the corner rooms to the suites at this property due to noise from the elevator lobby and buses parked out front on L Street, and have a "do not upgrade to Park Capitol Suite" in my profile.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Yes those are definitely new furnishings.

I actually prefer the corner rooms to the suites at this property due to noise from the elevator lobby and buses parked out front on L Street, and have a "do not upgrade to Park Capitol Suite" in my profile.
Well, an earthquake probably couldn't wake me (but my smartphone alarm can, go figure),
so rooms by the elevator don't bother me in the least. I slept just fine last night!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by milesmutt
Well, an earthquake probably couldn't wake me (but my smartphone alarm can, go figure),
so rooms by the elevator don't bother me in the least. I slept just fine last night!
Sorry, didn't mean to knock your upgrade, glad you enjoyed it!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:31 pm

Stayed on points Saturday night before Easter.

Upgrade to Park Capitol Suite was offered but turned down in favor of Executive Corner (which is IMO the better room). Valet parking pro-actively comped.

Hotel was an absolute zoo. They set up the brunch buffet in the middle of the lobby. Not clear what they would have done for Diamond breakfast amenity (we had plans outside the hotel, so didn't test it). Took 45 minutes to get our car from the valets.

Internet still atrocious, despite several e-mails from staff promising they had fixed it. I likely won't be back. Nonfunctioning internet just not an option for me.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Hotel was an absolute zoo.
Similar experience at HR Monterey for a Friday night stay last week, can't imagine what one more night would've done.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:07 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Checked in recently for a three-night stay. The middle night was paid (and I used a suite upgrade). The 1st night was on points and the 3rd night was a Cat 1-4 free night certificate.

Hotel upgraded me to a very roomy suite for all three nights. (Minor observation: with no door between bedroom and living room, those of us who work late at night had to do so in reduced light, so as not to wake others).

Parking was comped all three nights.

Breakfast the first two mornings was in the club. Very nice space, with outdoor tables shaded by large umbrellas. Great service in the club.

Breakfast on Saturday was in the restaurant.

Upon checkin, they handed me a little card explaining the Globalist benefits. The card said that I should take a bottle of water each day from the in-room refrigerator / mini-bar.

Upon checkout, I was surprised to be billed for breakfast in the restaurant and also for three bottles of water (at $4 each) from the mini-bar. A quick call to the front desk and the spurious charges were removed.

Wi-fi speed was fast ; last year's issues with speed seem to be be corrected now.

With great accommodations, fantastic location, good service, quality breakfast and reasonable pricing, I'm already looking forward to the next stay at this superb hotel
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed there over a weekend so no RC. Didn't get any extra points for lounge closure - is something that changed with WoH?

Upgraded to a very large recently refurbished suite which was a plus. We had dinner one evening at Dawsons and we were very happy with the meal and the service.

Breakfast was a bit of a let down. Very basic buffet overrun by kids pawing at the food.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Stayed there over a weekend so no RC. Didn't get any extra points for lounge closure - is something that changed with WoH?
Yes. Now you just get a restaurant breakfast, no points.

We've enjoyed dinner at Dawson's as well.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Do you have to have the buffet or can you order a breakfast entree off the menu at no charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.