Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I haven't, but was wondering about it too. It's big and cheap relative to every other option there, so I'm afraid there must be something wrong with it!
Sofa bed is only downside I can see. But if it is done right it could be great option for short stays or business trips.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
From what I read on an earlier post, this room seems to be the parlor part of a suite with only a sofa bed (I could swear I remember the person saying it was a Murphy wall bed). But then the description says it is a Hyatt Grand Bed. I don't know how a sofa bed could be a Hyatt Grand Bed.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
From what I read on an earlier post, this room seems to be the parlor part of a suite with only a sofa bed (I could swear I remember the person saying it was a Murphy wall bed). But then the description says it is a Hyatt Grand Bed. I don't know how a sofa bed could be a Hyatt Grand Bed.
Was it this post?

I found a better photo of the Grand Loft - http://www.manhattanwithatwist.com/s...yatt-new-york/
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Was it this post?
Yes it was. However, it does look like it's a sofabed and not a Murphy bed.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have a one night reservation for here on a Sunday night in early October where I booked a regular Grand King room. Is this somewhere I am going to wish I used a DSU because I am not going to get any sort of upgrade?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:17 am

I wouldn't use a DSU for a one night stay in a place where there's no reason to be excited about the upgrade anyway, unless I was a 100% sure it was about to expire unused.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I wouldn't use a DSU for a one night stay in a place where there's no reason to be excited about the upgrade anyway, unless I was a 100% sure it was about to expire unused.
Agreed, use your dsu at either of the two Andaz properties or the Ph.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:49 am

Diamond amenity

Anyone happen to know what the diamond amenity is at this hotel?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm staying here for three nights with a friend next month. I have a DSU to use before it expires and I'm considering using it, but we would prefer to have two beds in a room vs. a king. Does anyone know of a suite with two beds vs. a king at this property?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by longleaf
Anyone happen to know what the diamond amenity is at this hotel?
I would assume it's the usual domestic Hyatt F&B delivery where you pick one beverage option from the first column and and one food choice from the second column. Unless you arrive late, given that you have lounge access, I would think that the points will be more valuable.

BTW, this property always gives me a bunch of free bottled water coupons at check in for their panty store on the lobby level. The store sells a variety of food items, bottles of wine, beer, etc., so this is an alternative to the Diamond welcome amenity.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mbourgeois
I'm staying here for three nights with a friend next month. I have a DSU to use before it expires and I'm considering using it, but we would prefer to have two beds in a room vs. a king. Does anyone know of a suite with two beds vs. a king at this property?
Earlier this year we requested 2 bed suite and ended up with the VIP suite - using a DSU. It was just a big living room connected to a "2 bed" room. The mattress was kinda crappy though (old).
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:42 am

My last stay here I was refused an upgrade (except to a higher floor) even though it looked like rooms were available online. Room was small and dark. Glad it was only a one night stay.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:08 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by olouie
My last stay here I was refused an upgrade (except to a higher floor) even though it looked like rooms were available online. Room was small and dark. Glad it was only a one night stay.
I have not had good experiences at this hotel in recent years
so do not choose it typically
For me only Hyatt Place in New York can rank lower in quality
Having said that if you feel you aren't getting best available room that may be available you simply need to request a front office manager
If the hotel does anything right I have always had a good sense of cooperation when not liking any accommodation and something else was available
And at any Hyatt it's in the hotels best interest to find you a suitable room

If for any reason I was to feel a hotel was not cooperating I'd say something
That's rarely ever happened except when I was twice walked by the same Hyatt in a week as a Diamond
I wouldn't hesitate to get Hyatt Guest Relations on the phone while in house.These folks can make a difference if there is a true hotel failure taking place
Typically I find all full service properties to take great care of any reasonable request with or without accommodating my support emotional pet giraffe Or Zebra😉🙂
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
The Grand Club lounge on 16 no longer has bottles of water available. There is a sign saying that to keep the hotel "green," they now offer filtered water.

I'm sure cost-cutting had nothing to do with it.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
The Grand Club lounge on 16 no longer has bottles of water available. There is a sign saying that to keep the hotel "green," they now offer filtered water.

I'm sure cost-cutting had nothing to do with it.
And what do you take "filtered water" back to your room in? At least at the HR Maui they gave us a large plastic bottle to fill and take with us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.