Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 9:01 am
Community Director Emerita

I believe that the hotel will allow you to order a complimentary breakfast in your room at whatever time you want since you will need to leave before you can access the lounge breakfast.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
As promised, here is the update about my stay and how my breakfast issue of an early morning departure was dealt with: First of all, I've to say I'm duly impressed by the PH Zurich! It was an excellent stay and it really doesn't need to hide its light behind a bushel compared to Four Seasons or MO-hotels in other places. ^

I arrived in the late afternoon and after verifying my name, I was accompanied to my room on the 6th floor. Was informed that this is a Park Executive Room and the usual upgrade for Diamonds. I really liked the design of the room (the understatement touch of Park Hyatt combined with modern design), especially the open bathroom with the rain shower. The welcome amenity was a little bag (100g) of "Rahmtäfeli" (Caramels à la Crème) sourced from a well-know shop in Switzerland; and a small bowl beside the bag was filled with those caramel blocks too. So one bag for take-along and one to eat right away! It was delicious! ^ And a nice hand-written card with a welcome-note was put on the table. The standard PH Zurich amenities like fruits and (mineral) water were in the room too.

For dinner I used room-service as I just wanted to relax, enjoy the evening and watch TV. The parkhuus restaurant is closed on Sunday anway, so the choice would have been Cafe Z or Lobby Lounge. Well, I just have to figure out now if I get points on those incremental charges eventhough I was on a NBT-award night. Any idea? Sorry for this newbie-question.

Regarding breakfast: I asked the very nice lady who took me to the room about breakfast respectively my early morning departure and she replied that ordering via room-service is no problem at all. She specifically stated Diamonds are free to choose: either go to the restaurant (that opens at 06:30) or use in-room dining instead.

Summing up, I really liked the stay. As some of you may know I've been quite loyal to IC in the last years. However, in December I asked for a status match to Hyatt Diamond as I'm quite put off by the mysterious requalification criteria of RA and was looking for a safe requalification place for a second status. And GoldPassport, here I come. Yes, I do miss the free minibar when staying at a Hyatt hotel. But Hyatt is offering free breakfast, internet and - even more important - reliable status recognition during award stays (I'm sitting on several 100k priorityclub points as some IC hotels won't provide any benefits on award stays). And when comparing IC to PH-hotels, the last brand wins easily in terms of service, etc. However, to be fair they are usually more expensive too. So one should compare InterContinental to Grand Hyatts I think. But there is one request from my side: please open more PH-hotels!

Well, in two weeks time I'm off to Shanghai and the HOTB. Unfortunately the PH Shanghai was sold out (no Park Suites available for using a confirmed diamond upgrade voucher), would have been my first choice. But I hope the HOTB is nice too. Well, at least I can use my Gourmet Card at the restaurants there.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1

Regarding breakfast: I asked the very nice lady who took me to the room about breakfast respectively my early morning departure and she replied that ordering via room-service is no problem at all. She specifically stated Diamonds are free to choose: either go to the restaurant (that opens at 06:30) or use in-room dining instead.

what is the room service credit you receive for breakfast?

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by bmw303
what is the room service credit you receive for breakfast? Thanks!
The Swiss Farmer's Breakfast that includes a choice of egg is 47 CHF. In addition to this I ordered a second orange juice plus a yoghurt and did expect that I'd have to pay the difference (which would be fine with me, of course). I mentioned it during checkout, however, it was taken care of by the nice clerk! ^ Great customer relationship service that ensures that I'll certainly return (on a paying rate).

So to answer your question, it's 47 CHF p.P.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
As promised, here is the update about my stay and how my breakfast issue of an early morning departure was dealt with: First of all, I've to say I'm duly impressed by the PH Zurich! It was an excellent stay and it really doesn't need to hide its light behind a bushel compared to Four Seasons or MO-hotels in other places. ^
Thanks for the report, Frequent_Flyer1! I have a 3-night NBT stay for this coming weekend, and I'm looking forward to staying at one of Hyatt's best hotels (as reported in another thread).

I'm (pleasantly) surprised that the PH Zurich offers in-room dining for the Diamond breakfast benefit. As much as I appreciate that particular bennie, it will be especially nice to enjoy it in my bath robe.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Wink

I recently received a reply from PHZ re my guest comments about smoking. It appears the PHZ is going smoke free:

"I am pleased to inform you that the smoking bans will be effective from the 1st of May here in Switzerland and that out lounge is smoking already not permitted"

Side note. I cannot remember 1) ever receiving a reply to comments left anywhere ^ to PHZ and 2) A personalized letter from any sort of management type person. I'm impressed.

Also, I don't understand some folks comments about cold service at this PH. I thought everyone was great - they all were nice and friendly to us. As a matter of fact, on our recent 10 day trip across CH and LI, virtually everyone was warm and friendly.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Has anyone tried their spa treatments?
Treatment rooms and all look very nice from pictures,
but don't know whether the actual treatments are worth the $$$.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:12 am

deleted

Last edited by bmw303; Apr 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Will the PH Zurich extend diamond benefits (namely breakfast) to a second room booked in the name of the Diamond member?

Thanks
Did for us without even asking. We did happen to have a Diamond in each room, but it never came down to mentioning that.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: AA-EXP
This is a very nice hotel !
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Posted some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunkind...7623798307460/

I enjoyed the hotel very much.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by parioli
This is a very nice hotel !
Am I the only one who is completely underwhelmed with this place? I mean yes, it is a nice hotel, but in my opinion no where near other properties in this category. Take into account the price, which is just offensive even for Zurich, and it is even more absurd.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:03 pm

what is the in-room dining breakfast? is it as good as the restaurant?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
what is the in-room dining breakfast? is it as good as the restaurant?
The buffet breakfast at the restaurant is very very good - but in-room breakfast is very nice as well. Order the Bircher Muesli - best ever!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by troyb
Am I the only one who is completely underwhelmed with this place? I mean yes, it is a nice hotel, but in my opinion no where near other properties in this category. Take into account the price, which is just offensive even for Zurich, and it is even more absurd.
No, you're not alone. I thought I was the only one.

It was a great use of my free NBT nights, but I would never pay what they are asking. Are rooms at the PH Zurich priced based on the location? I ask because the high cost is certainly not justified by the room, the service, or anything else I experienced...

Originally Posted by SMK77
The buffet breakfast at the restaurant is very very good - but in-room breakfast is very nice as well. Order the Bircher Muesli - best ever!
...including the buffet breakfast, which was a distinct disappointment for me. It's basically a continental breakfast with eggs. The in-room breakfast was slightly better (but only because breakfast somehow tastes better when enjoyed in one's bath robe).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.