Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Hi all -

Trying to figure out where to stay in Zurich and was wondering if this would be a good place to burn my Big Welcome Sweepstakes free night? - problem would be for night 2 - PH Zurich is a bit pricey for that 2nd night in town.

Suggestions?

(I am a Hilton Diamond and have a question on their thread about the Airport Hilton - seems a bit far out of town to do some hotel hopping and most likely a downer after the PH)

Cheers
Old May 19, 2009, 1:10 am
Community Director Emerita

I think the Sheraton is a block down the street from the Park Hyatt, though I don't believe it is particularly well regarded in the Starwood forum.
Old May 22, 2009, 6:02 am

Saturday night here I come. I'm sure it'll be worth the free night
Old May 25, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Stayed at the PH Zurich Saturday night on an award stay. Overall, very nice hotel but missing a few things that I expected from a Park Hyatt.

Among the pluses:

Beautiful public areas
bright hallways
VERY comfortable bed
Mineral Water and whole fresh fruit in the room
wonderful dinner at Park Haus restaurant
Convenient to #7 Tram (1 block south of the Stockerstrasse stop)
2 blocks to the lake
Friendly staff
great soaking tub
outstanding fitness center & men's locker area (steam/sauna at no charge)
simple to use alarm clock (some of them you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out!)
Comp coffee delivered to room if you fill out the little door hanger and have it out by 4am

Among the minuses:

Amenity from previous guest blocked in my room with unopened note still left in the room when I checked in

Furniture had lots of nicks and dings

Wonderful dinner was also VERY expensive ( app / entree / 2 glasses of wine / small evian) $120 CHF!

And the biggest issue - called down for a 6:15am wake-up call. Front desk agent confirmed room number and asked if I wanted a 2nd call at 6:30am. Neither call came. I woke up on my own at 5:30am so not a big deal but the attitude at the Front Desk was pretty much questioning if I had called for one. Then they were pushing breakfast and if I wanted a limo back to the airport.

So, I think it is a very nice hotel but if I had paid the 400+CHF to stay there on Saturday I would have been mighty ticked off and felt it was a rip off.

Of course, this was just my experience and YMMV.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Then they were pushing breakfast and if I wanted a limo back to the airport.

Do they offer comp limo for suite bookings? I have booked a suite for July-and would love car service to/from the airport!
Old May 26, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
I was in a standard room - they were pushing the transfer for an additional 180CHF.
Old May 27, 2009, 7:50 pm

Stayed at the PH Zurich Saturday night on an award stay. Overall, very nice hotel but missing a few things that I expected from a Park Hyatt.
Maybe we passed in the lobby on Sat

I thought the hotel was great for a free night
Old May 28, 2009, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Maybe we passed in the lobby on Sat

I thought the hotel was great for a free night
What were your thoughts of the hotel?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Breakfast free on award stays?

Does anyone know if breakfast is free on award stays for Diamond guests?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 9:20 am
Community Director Emerita

Yes, it is, even before the new rules went into effect.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by SASfan
Does anyone know if breakfast is free on award stays for Diamond guests?
Just stayed at the hotel on Saturday night. The property was nice as was the location. Full breakfast was free for Diamonds, including an extensive buffet and made to order eggs. You could also go completely a la carte, but don't know why you would with the buffet and egg option. However, they did not pay for the gratuity. As the price was about 100 CHF for two the tip could be substantial if you are so inclined.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Just stayed at the hotel on Saturday night. The property was nice as was the location. Full breakfast was free for Diamonds, including an extensive buffet and made to order eggs. You could also go completely a la carte, but don't know why you would with the buffet and egg option. However, they did not pay for the gratuity. As the price was about 100 CHF for two the tip could be substantial if you are so inclined.
Thanks for the info! So, was it free for you, or 100 CHF?

I'll be there in a few weeks on an award stay, and have a 0955 flight out of ZRH. Does this give me enough time to get breakfast and still get to the airport? What do you recommend at breakfast?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
.. As the price was about 100 CHF for two the tip could be substantial if you are so inclined.
Tip in Switzerland for a buffet breakfast?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by SASfan
Thanks for the info! So, was it free for you, or 100 CHF?

I'll be there in a few weeks on an award stay, and have a 0955 flight out of ZRH. Does this give me enough time to get breakfast and still get to the airport? What do you recommend at breakfast?
The 100 CHF was free... tip was not. As already indicated tipping is certainly optional... definitely didn't tip to NA standards, but there was some al la carte service in addition to the buffet, so did feel something was in order. However, to each his own.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:33 am
Suspended

Among the pluses:

Beautiful public areas
bright hallways
VERY comfortable bed
Mineral Water and whole fresh fruit in the room
wonderful dinner at Park Haus restaurant
Convenient to #7 Tram (1 block south of the Stockerstrasse stop)
2 blocks to the lake
Friendly staff
great soaking tub
outstanding fitness center & men's locker area (steam/sauna at no charge)
simple to use alarm clock (some of them you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out!)
Comp coffee delivered to room if you fill out the little door hanger and have it out by 4am

Among the minuses:

Amenity from previous guest blocked in my room with unopened note still left in the room when I checked in

Furniture had lots of nicks and dings

Wonderful dinner was also VERY expensive ( app / entree / 2 glasses of wine / small evian) $120 CHF!

And the biggest issue - called down for a 6:15am wake-up call. Front desk agent confirmed room number and asked if I wanted a 2nd call at 6:30am. Neither call came. I woke up on my own at 5:30am so not a big deal but the attitude at the Front Desk was pretty much questioning if I had called for one. Then they were pushing breakfast and if I wanted a limo back to the airport.

So, I think it is a very nice hotel but if I had paid the 400+CHF to stay there on Saturday I would have been mighty ticked off and felt it was a rip off.

Of course, this was just my experience and YMMV.
i like to thank flyertalk for this wonderful resource as i recently was the recipient of the hyatt free night cert and used it at this property.

That being said, im wondering if anyone got charged a 5 CHF city tax on award stay as i was and its more of an annoyance than anything but the property was really nice and amongst the upper tier of quality hotels i have stayed at this year.

From natural air for sleeping to blauise mautin toiletries to high quality mineral water and staff that seem to appear out of nowhere and replenish the gym water just 5 minutes after you take one bottle.

It has seriously made me wonsider converting to hyatt instead of using sheraton/marriott/hilton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.