Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I am not a fan of the Parkhuus restaurant for dinner, just not into this Gault-Millau stuff.
I ate there once (burning FHR credit) and was totally unimpressed.

Glad to hear your stay was otherwise excellent!
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a chance to stay here recently as a Globalist and did a full tour of the property. Loved the property, if a little aged in the rooms, but everything was in good shape. Service was good- while they proactively offered a 4 PM check out for a non upgraded room, they said I could have the junior suite and check out at 2 PM, as someone had booked that exact room for the next night. We accepted, and they offered an open room to freshen up and shower before our flight. Great stuff!

iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 2:57 pm

Had a wonderful stay in early June at this property. While the rooms are a little dated, can't beat the location and service. The concierge staff was absolutely AMAZING. Already booked for next summer.
59Impala likes this.

Last edited by I LOVE EWR; Jul 20, 2023 at 3:06 pm
Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
When I look at booking this hotel for 3 people (2 adults and a teen) in a room, they allow a standard room booking on points so I'm assuming they are large enough to accommodate a rollaway. Is there a difference between the 1x king room or 2x twin room in which one would be more suited to sleep 3 of us? Its just for a night or two so not looking to spend money on a suite.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
When I look at booking this hotel for 3 people (2 adults and a teen) in a room, they allow a standard room booking on points so I'm assuming they are large enough to accommodate a rollaway. Is there a difference between the 1x king room or 2x twin room in which one would be more suited to sleep 3 of us? Its just for a night or two so not looking to spend money on a suite.
To answer my own question, either room is a bit tight with the rollaway - the twin beds and king bed essentially take up the same amount of space in a room size that is identical. It's manageable to have a rollaway in the room, but it takes up quite a bit of space and makes it hard to move around the room. Only 2 of us ended up traveling to Zurich but they had already put in the rollaway when we got there and when they took it out, the room was obviously so much more spacious. This hotel had the best a/c of any hotel I stayed in Europe and it was a very hot week when we were there.

On a different note, this is the only hotel I've stayed at in a very long time that gave individual toiletries. We stayed at 4 different hotels on this trip alone (2 Marriott, this Hyatt, and a boutique hotel) and all the others had large pump bottles. I was so excited to have the individual bottles and liked them so much that I did something I've rarely ever done even back in the days when everyone gave the small bottles - I took home a set of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash as a souvenir to remember my really nice stay here 🤫. They had put out 3 full sets - 2 at the bathtub and 1 at the shower so we used the one at the shower since neither of us used the tub and I helped myself to 1 set from near the tub. Yep, I know you're not supposed to do that but I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself being that these are such a commodity lately .

I was never a collector of the small bottles of toiletries like some people used to do when all hotels gave them and I never understood it because I hate clutter. But when I showered at home using the Park Hyatt toiletries I was able to understand it a little because it brought back nice memories of my trip - if these ppl actually used all those bottles like I did and didn't just hoard them then ok, maybe I get it; but if they're just sitting on them I certainly don't .

Last edited by friedablass; Sep 7, 2023 at 7:49 am
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:52 pm

I'll be traveling in a party of 3 adults.

Is it better to book a corner suite + rollaway (do they charge for rollaways?) or book a junior suite + an additional king room? I think the corner suite bedroom lacks a door which might disturb the sleep quality of the 3rd person in our party.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco

Is it better to book a corner suite + rollaway (do they charge for rollaways?) or book a junior suite + an additional king room? I think the corner suite bedroom lacks a door which might disturb the sleep quality of the 3rd person in our party.
I can't comment on the suites but they don't charge for rollaways AFAIK unless something changed in the last few months.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco

The corner suite is very nice but there is no separation between the two rooms. There is a open walkway between the two rooms on both sides of the bed. There is also no 2nd bathroom in the corner suite, i would go with two rooms.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 3:35 pm

Thank you Skoolz60 and friedablass! 2 rooms it is then.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:34 am

Quick review on another disaster at a ph in Europe. I booked 3 nights in May into the corner suite with a sua pre check was very good however once I pulled up to the hotel I saw where it was headed the valet person decided to stop and have a random talk for 5 minutes while pulling up my luggage, I asked for a additional fridge which I was told we'll try i of course never heard back i then asked can I use the car to go to a supermarket a mile away they told me I have to speak to concierge which had a long line, I have yet to see anyone who was able to actually get a ride in it think it's just show. This tone set the stage for the whole stay, every request was a big deal with no result ice took 25 minutes every time I asked, it didn't help that the fire alarm whent off a 540am for 10 minutes with no explanation . The room looked like a upscale hyatt place i have no idea how this hotel is highly regarded let alone a ph , at least ph veinna has a good hard product even though their service sucks also
Old Nov 9, 2023, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Quick review on another disaster at a ph in Europe. I booked 3 nights in May into the corner suite with a sua pre check was very good however once I pulled up to the hotel I saw where it was headed the valet person decided to stop and have a random talk for 5 minutes while pulling up my luggage, I asked for a additional fridge which I was told we'll try i of course never heard back i then asked can I use the car to go to a supermarket a mile away they told me I have to speak to concierge which had a long line, I have yet to see anyone who was able to actually get a ride in it think it's just show. This tone set the stage for the whole stay, every request was a big deal with no result ice took 25 minutes every time I asked, it didn't help that the fire alarm whent off a 540am for 10 minutes with no explanation . The room looked like a upscale hyatt place i have no idea how this hotel is highly regarded let alone a ph , at least ph veinna has a good hard product even though their service sucks also
What Hyatt Places are you staying at? Apparently I need to start staying at those.
friedablass, Kacee and 59Impala like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Clemson
What Hyatt Places are you staying at? Apparently I need to start staying at those.
sorry how about spring hill suites in Helena Montana that's a good comparison that comes to mind and better service other then some useless fake smiles
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:36 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Real Estate Firm Trinity Investments Is In Talks to Buy the Park Hyatt Zurich

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/real-es...urich/49079464

December 21, 2023 - 21:52

2 minutes (Bloomberg) -- Real estate-focused Trinity Investments is in talks to acquire the five-star Park Hyatt Zurich, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

A transaction hasn’t been finalized, cautioned one of the people, all of whom requested anonymity discussing confidential information.

Hyatt Hotels Corp. earlier this year hired broker Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. to market the 138-room property, which could fetch around 400 million Swiss francs ($467 million), Bloomberg News reported at the time. Hyatt said in March it would continue operating the hotel under a long-term management agreement after it has been sold.

A representative for Trinity declined to comment. A Hyatt representative didn’t immediately have a comment.

Read more: Hyatt Plans Sale of Zurich Property as Real Estate Sales Ramp Up

Several of the world’s biggest hotel companies have moved to sell off real estate, including Hyatt, which has transitioned to a so-called asset-light model where it operates but doesn’t own the bulk of its hotels.

“We continue to successfully execute our asset-light transformation and growth strategy while returning meaningful capital to shareholders,” Chief Executive Officer Mark Hoplamazian said in a November statement. In August, he said that since the beginning of 2017, the company has realized proceeds of $3.8 billion from sales of owned hotel real estate.

Honolulu-based Trinity in October said it had opened a London office, reflecting its “long-term belief in the strength of the lodging sector and the growing opportunity in the European hotel real estate market.” The firm, led by CEO Sean Hehir, owns numerous hotels including the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa and the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, its website shows.

--With assistance from Patrick Clark and Jack Sidders.

©2023 Bloomberg L.P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.