Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:08 am

Are the diamond breakfast coupons at this hotel good for one person only? I'll be there with a party of three. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Off-Topic , HOW IS THE WEATHER, and can you comfortably control the heat in room. I find all hotels in Europe turn things up to much this time of year.
I was scared because the thermostat was that new rubber square digital type that made my stays at the GH Dubai terrible. In Dubai I could not get the temperature, on two unique stays, to moderate. It was either too cold or way too hot. That was not a problem at this hotel. In the common areas the temperature was perfect as well and this is coming from someone who is always hot. Also, in the room there is a small door that can be opened to allow some fresh, cool Swiss air in.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
When we visited in the fall:

-breakfast for two was included
-there were no coupons...just advise the server of your status

Originally Posted by wrose99
Are the diamond breakfast coupons at this hotel good for one person only? I'll be there with a party of three. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:25 pm

I don't know why people always ask this question. Per the Hyatt GP T&Cs found here:

- Outside of the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean: If Regency/Grand Club rooms are sold out, Diamond members will receive an upgrade to the best available room, excluding suites, plus complimentary Continental Breakfast each morning of their stay for each guest registered in their room.

Bolding mine.............
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:01 pm

Thanks for posting that. How do you think the policy applies to a situation in which I have 2 rooms booked for 3 people (myself and my parents)? I could read the policy to exclude my parents as not "registered in [my] room." Or both rooms are "my" room and therefore they are ok. While Snorkmaster indicated no coupons were involved, in some fashion it seems it was communicated to him that the limit was 2.

Thanks again for trying to resolve my confusion. I would love to hear what any diamonds traveling in a group of 3 have experienced at European properties.

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I don't know why people always ask this question. Per the Hyatt GP T&Cs found here:

- Outside of the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean: If Regency/Grand Club rooms are sold out, Diamond members will receive an upgrade to the best available room, excluding suites, plus complimentary Continental Breakfast each morning of their stay for each guest registered in their room.

Bolding mine.............
Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
sorry for the confusion...i didn't mean to imply that breakfast was limited to 2.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:23 am

Thanks for posting that. How do you think the policy applies to a situation in which I have 2 rooms booked for 3 people (myself and my parents)? I could read the policy to exclude my parents as not "registered in [my] room." Or both rooms are "my" room and therefore they are ok. While Snorkmaster indicated no coupons were involved, in some fashion it seems it was communicated to him that the limit was 2.

Thanks again for trying to resolve my confusion. I would love to hear what any diamonds traveling in a group of 3 have experienced at European properties.
Possibly tell them that there are 3 people in your room and then make up a "phantom" person to stay in the other room? I doubt it'll be a problem. And I assume Snorkmaster had 2 people with him on his trip, that is why he got breakfast for 2. If the rules say you should get a breakfast for each guest in the room, then you SHOULD get a breakfast for each guest in a room. Now I know that sometimes they charge more for 3 or 4 guest in a room than 1 or 2 guests. So you might have to figure that issue out separately.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:26 am

Thanks for the clarification and help; it does make sense they would give the diamond member's whole party the free breakfast. It's a pretty trivial issue, I guess, but given the weak dollar we're looking to save money wherever we can. At any rate, we're looking forward to staying at this fine hotel.

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Possibly tell them that there are 3 people in your room and then make up a "phantom" person to stay in the other room? I doubt it'll be a problem. And I assume Snorkmaster had 2 people with him on his trip, that is why he got breakfast for 2. If the rules say you should get a breakfast for each guest in the room, then you SHOULD get a breakfast for each guest in a room. Now I know that sometimes they charge more for 3 or 4 guest in a room than 1 or 2 guests. So you might have to figure that issue out separately.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Park Hyatt Zurich was awesome!

Stayed there this week on a reward night (15K points). I took the train from the airport, then a trahm to a stop a block from the hotel.

What a "classy joint". You are 2 blocks from the lake, in the financial district.
Also about 2 blocks from Bahnhoff Strasse, which is the shopping district.

Elegant room, very modern accomodations, flat screen TV, heated towels, tub, "rain forest" shower, excellent bed. Friendly, courteous staff. All around, an excellent experience.

Highly recommended!
Old Jul 29, 2005, 8:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Stockerstrasse is the name of the closest stop to the Park Hyatt. Bahnhof Enge and Paradplatz are equally further away, but what's the difference between a 2-minute walk and a 5-minute one? Not much.

What I did -- although this may not be the most direct route -- is take the train from the airport to the main train station and then a tram out front (but make sure to get the right numbered one going in the right direction). It's tram number 13 to Stockerstrasse from the main train station.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 29, 2005 at 9:00 am
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Stockerstrasse is the name of the closest stop to the Park Hyatt. Bahnhof Enge and Paradplatz are equally further away, but what's the difference between a 2-minute walk and a 5-minute one? Not much.

What I did -- although this may not be the most direct route -- is take the train from the airport to the main train station and then a tram out front (but make sure to get the right numbered one going in the right direction). It's tram number 13 to Stockerstrasse from the main train station.

I did the same thing, train to main station, then tram.
You can take the Tram numbers 6,7,12 or 13.

Random bits of advice:
The train form the airport was about $13 (US).
Total travel time was less than 30 minutes.
Cabs are very expensive.
Cheapest way to get Swiss francs was via ATM in airport, minimum is 50 francs or about $37. I used about 40 of it.
If you are going to buy something in the airport, and tere is even a supermarket, items are cheaper before you pass through passport control while leaving. Don't be misled by big lettered "Duty free".

The Swiss lounge is large, free wireless. Bathrooms are feh, typical European, in other words they smell like ashtrays. Plenty to drink and as always the best bananas in Europe.

Allow exra time in the airport to re-enter security if transfering between terminals.

There are lockers in the train station, 5 francs, in the lower level.

Have a great time!
The concept of boarding by groups does not exist.

People were tremendously helpfull, did not meet anyone who could not communicate in english. They all commented on the fact that I knew the metric system and used C for temperature.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:59 pm

FWIW, the fare from the airport is 5.80 CHF

I would highly recommend the ZurichCARD if you're planning on spending a few days in Zurich, will be using transit, and are planning to visit some tourist attractions. It will cover your transport to and from the airport as well.

Originally Posted by Thumper
I did the same thing, train to main station, then tram.
The train form the airport was about $13 (US).
Old Jul 30, 2005, 2:31 am
Suspended

Thanks for the good info about the hotel and transport.

The Zurich Card I got at the hotel, but apparently it would have been a better deal to buy at the airport. Where does one get it at ZRH?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:29 am

I purchased mine from the SBB (rail) information counter at ZRH.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Thanks for the good info about the hotel and transport.

The Zurich Card I got at the hotel, but apparently it would have been a better deal to buy at the airport. Where does one get it at ZRH?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I purchased mine from the SBB (rail) information counter at ZRH.
Last time, I bought a multi-day one after I got into the hotel. With your tip on where to buy it at the airport, someone can save some more SFR per person. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.