FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:51 am
Thumper

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Stockerstrasse is the name of the closest stop to the Park Hyatt. Bahnhof Enge and Paradplatz are equally further away, but what's the difference between a 2-minute walk and a 5-minute one? Not much.

What I did -- although this may not be the most direct route -- is take the train from the airport to the main train station and then a tram out front (but make sure to get the right numbered one going in the right direction). It's tram number 13 to Stockerstrasse from the main train station.

I did the same thing, train to main station, then tram.
You can take the Tram numbers 6,7,12 or 13.

Random bits of advice:
The train form the airport was about $13 (US).
Total travel time was less than 30 minutes.
Cabs are very expensive.
Cheapest way to get Swiss francs was via ATM in airport, minimum is 50 francs or about $37. I used about 40 of it.
If you are going to buy something in the airport, and tere is even a supermarket, items are cheaper before you pass through passport control while leaving. Don't be misled by big lettered "Duty free".

The Swiss lounge is large, free wireless. Bathrooms are feh, typical European, in other words they smell like ashtrays. Plenty to drink and as always the best bananas in Europe.

Allow exra time in the airport to re-enter security if transfering between terminals.

There are lockers in the train station, 5 francs, in the lower level.

Have a great time!
The concept of boarding by groups does not exist.

People were tremendously helpfull, did not meet anyone who could not communicate in english. They all commented on the fact that I knew the metric system and used C for temperature.