Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
This property will be closed on July 16-17 for air conditioning work.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those staying at this property, you may want to check out their "Club at the Hyatt" card. The current cost is 4,288,000 IDR ($325). It includes two free weekend nights, one with club access, one with two breakfasts in the Grand Cafe.

This also includes a dining card with up to 50% off food at all the restaurants at the hotel, plus at many other Hyatt properties in Asia, and perhaps Europe and Australia. The best dining discount is for two people. The savings go down, the more people are dining together.

We had a great lunch at their C's restaurant, including a full Peking Duck. This duck only cost $15 including tax and service, with this card. One of the best I've ever had.

You get a letter when you sign up allowing you immediate use.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jul 21, 2015 at 7:44 pm Reason: Corrected IDR cost of card.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Last of my three Hyatt Java posts. As with HR Bandung, great service. Really great service. The best I have had in a while --- well until I moved on to Bandung where it was even better (but only by a hair). Real recommendations from the lounge staff. Above and beyond assistance looking for "stuff" (Indonesian things). Nice room. Good rates. And it was for vacation. I'll drift off topic for a second but a few days in CGK is well worth the time spent sitting in traffic to/from the airport. Good food. Things to do, see and experience. Do it, you'll have fun and can thank me later. Back on topic. The staff helped so that CGK was fun. That there were things to see and do (re: recs from the lounge staff). Plus the invaluable help of planning the later parts of my Indonesian trip. (was winging this one). I'll be back in Indonesia some day and back at this Hyatt (Bandung too)

Cheers --
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
So is the cost $325 or IDR2,888,000?
IDR 2,8M is about US$215 which is excellent value for 2 nights.

Do you have to sign up in person?

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
For those staying at this property, you may want to check out their "Club at the Hyatt" card. The current cost is 2,888,000 IDR ($325). It includes two free weekend nights, one with club access, one with two breakfasts in the Grand Cafe.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomy77
So is the cost $325 or IDR2,888,000?
IDR 2,8M is about US$215 which is excellent value for 2 nights.

Do you have to sign up in person?
Sorry, that was a typo on the IDR price. It's 4,288,000 IDR. The USD price was correct. They do offer a cheaper base version of the card, which doesn't include the free nights, but it's not a good option, in my opinion.

I'm sure you can fax in the order form to them.

Dian is who I had contact with. Here is her email. [email protected]
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Special deluxe Sunday brunch at C's restaurant Noon-3pm

I ate at the C's restaurant last Sunday, for their Deluxe Sunday Brunch. As far as I know, this is the most expensive Sunday Brunch in Jakarta.

Cost is 700,000 IDR++ per person. It includes free flow soft drinks, juices and Pellegrino water. This works out to $64 a person with tax/service, or half that if you have the Club at the Hyatt card, if you dine with 2 people. Smaller kids under a certain age are free.

They have a nice selection of shellfish, including huge shrimp, lobster tails, some clams and I think oysters. I think this buffet only makes sense if you are really into the seafood.

They do have a few types of beef, and lamb. I arrived the last hour of the buffet, so I had them warm up the meat for me, which was much better. I really enjoyed the T-bone they had.

They have a limited selection of Dim Sum, different Chinese options, Peking Duck pancakes, and some Indonesian selections. Everything was halal here, so no pork options.

You can also add a free flow champagne/sparkling wine for an additional fee.

I was so stuffed on the beef and lobster tail, that I barely tasted the nice ice cream selection, or any other desserts.

I'd recommend showing up nearer to the noon start time, to get the items fresh. I'd rate it 4/5*. If you want a special Sunday only brunch, it's good to check it out. The price is steep, certainly, so I'd be hesitant to go if I didn't have the Club at the Hyatt card for the 50% discount.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Here for the weekend.

Suite
Got a Grand suite using a DSU. Over looks the roundabout and you can see the Mandarin Oriental from here.

The suite is spacious but older. Parts of it have been soft renovated for the bathroom fixtures but the tiles show the age. Hand drawn curtains are no fun either because there's about a 2cm gap that lets light in. Wish they had total blackout curtains and automation.

Air conditioning is top notch. Arctic cold and powerful. I also appreciate the strong water pressure and hot water from the shower.
Also, the suite smells a bit weird though. It's like a musk and BO combination that comes from being in the sub-tropical? It's hard to quantify.

Grand Club

I honestly thought it would be better than it was judging from comments on here. Maybe it just went downhill over the years. I was expecting something on par with GH Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur but wasn't to be. Limited food selection. Only beef sausages and they weren't even hand made ones. Just the processed variety. Their pain au chocolat and chocolate donuts could use some work.

The GH Club's Indonesian fresh honey is delicious^

The service was fine. Always servers floating around and clearing dishes but one time they did it way too fast. I was still eating and drinking, got up for some sauce for the hot egg dish and came back to a cleared table. That was a mild nuisance.

Will checkout Grand Cafe tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't make it to Grand Cafe this morning but went back to Grand Club. I didn't have a cockroach on my plate like someone else on Tripadvisor but I did find a pubic hair in my chicken porridge. I told the staff and left immediately. They were apologetic and promised me something during cocktail hour but I'd rather not go back. Got a small box of chocolates for this incident but just feel disgusted.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Service recovery has been decent. Some points and Grand Cafe breakfast comped. Senior management was apologetic and said they would institute covering measures for the Grand Club buffet condiments.

Final verdict:

I think using a DSU here to get a Grand suite was a waste because the suite is just old and musty. Definitely better if you have kids and family that need to take the couch and a rollaway.

The bathtub was broken and the knobs were highly illogical. It almost seemed like there was no way to regulate hot from cold. I was told it's going to go when they renovate in a few years.

I would stay here again only if the rate were cheap enough and would never eat again in the Grand Club. Drinks maybe. This hotel has become way more expensive than the days of Cat. 1 and the property hasn't kept quality up with the price increases.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 29, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Would really appreciate an update on club rooms and Club breakfast & evening offerings. I'm not much of a drinker so the food is a little more important to me. If the lounge food is average and club rooms no different to standard rooms ( as at Santiago GH) Ill just stay in a standard room and pay for breakfast. Thanks for any info!

CJ
Old May 1, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I spent two nights there in April. The Grand Club breakfast was decent with rice/chicken porridge, western-style eggs/sausages, breads, pastries, cold cuts, cheese, lox, juices, coffee, and tea. Certainly decent/good enough to have a nice breakfast and fill up. Nothing as opulent as GH Hong Kong, but I was perfectly happy with it and didn't feel a need to go downstairs to the restaurant.

Can't comment on the club rooms, as I was in the Grand Suite on a DSU.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:57 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I've had rooms on the club floor and haven't had a suite. They are spacious and well-appointed.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I've had rooms on the club floor and haven't had a suite. They are spacious and well-appointed.
The standard rooms on higher floors have renovated bathrooms, and are generally in much better shape.

The standard DSU suites (with Jacuzzi) are usually in fairly decent shape, but work certainly needs to be done on upgrading them.

You can also request a Premier suite with a full kitchen and dining room. This is my favorite when travelling with family. These are also in slightly worse shape than the normal suite. Flaking paint, repairs on walls that haven't been painted over, and most of the baseboards in the bathrooms look pretty bad.

There is also one Premier suite with wooden floors. Done as a test room years ago.

Thankfully no more cockroaches in the Grand Club, this year.

They now only give you a little welcome card in the room. No lounge hours letter, Diamond benefits, etc, which I miss.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Anyone know what the internet is like here?...is it open and unblocked as with PH Shanghai where a VPN wasn't needed?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Anyone know what the internet is like here?...is it open and unblocked as with PH Shanghai where a VPN wasn't needed?

Thanks
I visited this property last Decmeber 15. Indo does not censor their internet like in China.

Nevertheless I had no issues getting onto FB when I stayed in Hyatt On the Bund Shanghai using their intenet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.