Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Actually, I didn't realize they were renovating the rooms. Opens a decent option again in this central location. Will need to read what rooms or suites are already done as I'm really not keen on the old run down ones.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: NZ
The picture of the lobby looks like a set for Aida
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by demue
Actually, I didn't realize they were renovating the rooms. Opens a decent option again in this central location. Will need to read what rooms or suites are already done as I'm really not keen on the old run down ones.
Hyatt.com shows very clearly which rooms/suites are renovated and which not, and you can select one or the other, so no surprises.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was looking on the app (will check if website has more.info) and it is not that clear though pictures indicate that Deluxe rooms and Grand Suite plus the high end suites (not premier one, there it says not renovated) are done.

Guess they are working on the regular rooms these days.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:44 am

Any recent experiences? Have booked the Park Hyatt for a quick stay but the location of the Grand Hyatt is a bit more convenient for my needs.

I’m especially wondering about the lounge I suppose. I would book a renovated room and not leave it to chance.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Any recent experiences? Have booked the Park Hyatt for a quick stay but the location of the Grand Hyatt is a bit more convenient for my needs.

I’m especially wondering about the lounge I suppose. I would book a renovated room and not leave it to chance.
The GH lounge was always quite nice, apart from the odd cockroach climbing on the food.

The PH does have a very nice breakfast. I found the evening canapés and drinks nothing exciting.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:51 pm

Based on a recent stay (May of this year) my observation is that lounge access at the GH is well worth having. The evening offerings especially were good, with always at least five hot entrees available, all prepared to order, all very tasty. A number of guests happily made the lounge their dinner venue each night. We know that from conversations we had with some of them at what for us was happy hour. Breakfast in the lounge also was good but selections were limited by the size of the room. We chose to take breakfast downstairs, where the buffet seemed to go on forever and was excellent.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LAXGUY
Based on a recent stay (May of this year) my observation is that lounge access at the GH is well worth having. The evening offerings especially were good, with always at least five hot entrees available, all prepared to order, all very tasty. A number of guests happily made the lounge their dinner venue each night. We know that from conversations we had with some of them at what for us was happy hour. Breakfast in the lounge also was good but selections were limited by the size of the room. We chose to take breakfast downstairs, where the buffet seemed to go on forever and was excellent.
Do they offer sparkling wine/prosecco in the evening hour at the lounge?

Do they allow globalists to have breakfast in the restaurant or it was limited at the lounge only?

Thank you
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:53 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I generally enjoyed the Grand Hyatt Jakarta and would return - though, the Park Hyatt is also making a fine impression on me. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a Grand Suite Bundaran View - loved watching the traffic along the circle
  • Suite was nice and large with full dining table, plenty of window benches, and a separated bedroom
  • Bed was generally comfortable - covers need improvement on thickness, but the mattress and pillows were plush
  • Shower pressure was good from the wand
  • Plenty of bottled water
  • Some fruits, peanut butter cookies, and Indonesian jelly candies left as a welcome gift, along with two notes
  • Enjoyed the lounge - same floor as my room - staff knew my name coming over to checkout (probably since there are only three suites based the Club desk on my hallway)
    • Tasty iced lattes and strawberry tart at afternoon tea
    • Yummy chocolate cake and strawberry dessert at evening service
  • Breakfast was offered either in the club or restaurant - I ate in the restaurant
    • Very tasty pastries (some of the best chocolate croissants)
    • Loved the chocolate sprinkle dough balls
    • Pancakes were fresh and soft
    • Nice omelet and bacon quiche (not sure if pork bacon)
  • Exchange rate from USD to IDR (hotel still quotes rates in USD) was fair and very close to Google

Cons:
  • Bedroom AC was constantly freezing - I woke up and it was 17.5 in the room despite being set much higher
  • Bed covers too thin
  • Toilet seat underside cleanliness could be improved

Photos:

Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:32 am

Are all rooms at this hotel now renovated, or are renovations still going on?
I need to go to Jakarta at the end of the year, and I am considering staying at the GH Jakarta, depending on renovation status of rooms.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by agjil
Are all rooms at this hotel now renovated, or are renovations still going on?
I need to go to Jakarta at the end of the year, and I am considering staying at the GH Jakarta, depending on renovation status of rooms.
They aren't selling unrenovated "Grand" room types
demue likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Thank you, that’s good to know!
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I was wondering the same so thanks for clarifying. May need a room for a quick one nighter and need to be around Grand Indo / Plaza Indo and my usual place (Kempinski) is getting a bit greedy with the rates these days while at GH we have a decent corporate rate.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by demue
I was wondering the same so thanks for clarifying. May need a room for a quick one nighter and need to be around Grand Indo / Plaza Indo and my usual place (Kempinski) is getting a bit greedy with the rates these days while at GH we have a decent corporate rate.
My confirmation listed a message that "Grand" rooms are unrenovated, but if you look on the website, you'll notice that room category doesn't exist, and all room types are shown as renovated - there doesn't seem to be a "base" room right now. I didn't actually notice any construction, though.
demue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.