Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tomy77
10k is the Club room redemption rate. Which is a steal imho.

Also, where did you find the Weekend Package? I didn't see it on their website.
8k would be for a standard room, and based on being a Diamond, I would get a Club room anyways, GH Jkt used to be a Cat 1 but was upgraded to Cat 2 in beginning of 2012 IIRC.

Weekend package is only for Indonesian, advertised at the start of the walkway from Plaza Indonesia to the GH on level 3
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by indo79
Been staying here quite often on their weekend package, which includes some coupons, including a 1 hour massage, and either Sat or Sunday lunch buffet at Grand Cafe, not bad for 2.4jt nett

What I have noticed and didn't really appreciate are how many kids/nannies are in the Grand Club each time I have gone on weekends. 2 Adults, 2 kids and 2 nannies, and I haven't been the only one complaining, a few other guests were seen complaining too since these kids run around and scream
Is that for two days for 2.4jt nett? If so, I might have to look into that.

For some reason, I don't really enjoy the breakfast in the normal restaurant here, that much. I've eaten there a few times over the years, and while decent, I thought the breakfast at the IC or Le Meridien were way better. The lounge breakfast is pretty good, plus they'll bring you an order of real bacon if you ask nicely.

I was here during New Years a couple of times, and during Ramadan once, I think. Unruly kids were not in short supply. I know when I stayed here last month, they had a notice that no nanny uniforms were allowed in the lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Is that for two days for 2.4jt nett? If so, I might have to look into that.

For some reason, I don't really enjoy the breakfast in the normal restaurant here, that much. I've eaten there a few times over the years, and while decent, I thought the breakfast at the IC or Le Meridien were way better. The lounge breakfast is pretty good, plus they'll bring you an order of real bacon if you ask nicely.

I was here during New Years a couple of times, and during Ramadan once, I think. Unruly kids were not in short supply. I know when I stayed here last month, they had a notice that no nanny uniforms were allowed in the lounge.
Nope 2.4jt nett for 1 night, quite exp really but unless I want to drive to Bandung or fly to Bali/Yogja, no other choice
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have experience with the "Grand Suite" or "Premier Suite"?

And has anyone stayed at both the GH Jakarta and the Keraton at The Plaza that would be willing to offer a comparison?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmgriffin

And has anyone stayed at both the GH Jakarta and the Keraton at The Plaza that would be willing to offer a comparison?
I'm at the GH Jakarta now. I've stayed in both suites before, in 2010 and 2011. I like the grand suite a bit better because of the tub. Otherwise, they're much the same. I'm not familiar with the other hotel.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm at the GH Jakarta now. I've stayed in both suites before, in 2010 and 2011. I like the grand suite a bit better because of the tub. Otherwise, they're much the same. I'm not familiar with the other hotel.
Yes the Premier Suite has a kitchen but no tub, so Grand Suite would be my choice
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by jmgriffin

Thanks!
Stayed at the Grand Suite (I think) and the Corner rooms at the Keraton before. I would pick the Keraton any other day compared to the GH. The GH is only better for views of the Bunderan. Otherwise rates usually seem to be lower at Keraton. In addition, the basic rooms at Keraton are like Junior Suites, are newer, feature Nespresso machines, and have a better breakfast.

Though service-wise the GH is slightly better as I find the service at Keraton can be quite inconsistent which I attribute to new staff and many trainees. If you also require hotel facilities like pool and club access, then GH is better since the amenities at the Keraton is limited.

For my last stay in the GH, I used Hyatt.com to book and was quoted a $300++ rate per night. However upon check-out I was surprised they revert the rate to IDR, and at a very high exchange rate, so this eventually pushed the final bill up which made it much more expensive compared to nearby properties like the Kempinski and Keraton. On Hyatt points though, this hotel is pretty good value!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I have similar experience with US vs IDR rate for hotels in Jakarta.
I stayed at several different hotels in Jakarta last year (MO and RC-PP), and all quoted USD rate (instead of local currency like other hotels).
And then upon checkout, the final bill was converted to IDR at a less-than-favorable rate as well.
Is this normal procedure for Jakarta hotels?

Originally Posted by quirrow
For my last stay in the GH, I used Hyatt.com to book and was quoted a $300++ rate per night. However upon check-out I was surprised they revert the rate to IDR, and at a very high exchange rate, so this eventually pushed the final bill up which made it much more expensive compared to nearby properties like the Kempinski and Keraton. On Hyatt points though, this hotel is pretty good value!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomy77
I have similar experience with US vs IDR rate for hotels in Jakarta.
I stayed at several different hotels in Jakarta last year (MO and RC-PP), and all quoted USD rate (instead of local currency like other hotels).
And then upon checkout, the final bill was converted to IDR at a less-than-favorable rate as well.
Is this normal procedure for Jakarta hotels?
It's Indonesian law that they have to be converted.

I have had success in paying with cash (USD), which might save 5% or so, at all the Hyatt's in Indonesia. Some Hyatt's have better rates than others. Bali Hyatt seemed best.

They won't generally offer this to you, and you do have ask and sometimes push for it. I first discovered this when using the Costco Hyatt certs a few years ago.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Converted to IDR? That's fine and all, but why quote the room rate in USD to begin with?
Usually most foreign property the quote is in their local currency. But some Indonesia hotels quote only in USD.

But then during checkout, they present the bill in IDR only, at sucky rate.
So if that's the actual rate to begin with, they should've quoted originally in that IDR, so it won't mislead. By doing this, it looks like the rate is cheaper than it actually is.

I mean, it's not much different, but it adds up over several days.
[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most Hyatt's in Indonesia have used USD for years. BDO and JOG charged in IDR, but when I checked JOG recently, they were now quoting USD also.

IDR is a bit shaky lately, so not a big surprise they want a more stable currency.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Holiday Sale

I was just checking an award reservation at the GH for the end of the year, and noticed that they're having a holiday sale. I only checked some dates between Christmas and New Years, and came up with a fairly decent rate of $154++ per night. Says it's non-refundable, but the text in the reservation says 72hrs, I think.

As a Diamond, this is one of my favorite locations. I'd love to stay here more, but the increase in rates make it tough. At this rate it's manageable, and of course using a suite upgrade is a pretty good value here.

The sale T&C are below. It's possible the sale wasn't supposed to be live yet.

Reduced Rate: - Book between 16DEC13-23FEB14 for stays between 20DEC13-28FEB14 - Must book 5 days prior to arrival - Full prepayment, non-refundable, due at time of booking
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Stay Report: Grand Hyatt Jakarta leaves my luggage outside by the Taxi stand!

Recently having made a switch from Ritz/ Marriott hotels to the Hyatt, I went and checked into the Grand Hyatt in Jakarta on Jan 17th for 2 nights stay. With my flight leaving at 10pm on the 19th, the front desk was courteous enough to allow me a late 2pm check-out because of my platinum status (need to mind you that the Ritz Carlton in Jakarta always gave me until 4pm or later).

The stay was ok - all you come to expect from a 5 star hotel. On the 19th, I'd decided to check out at 1pm instead, have lunch with friends, do some last minute shopping, and return around 7pm to pick-up my luggage. All went well until I returned to the hotel just to find my luggage outside the hotel lobby NEXT TO THE TAXI STAND! It had been left outside there for 6 hours! Now, I am not talking about the street here, but still left outside where anybody could have taken it, or placed it into another car or taxi by mistake. What kind of concierge/ luggage storage service is this????

The Ritz, and any other hotel of the same caliber, or even lower (3-4 star) has always kept my luggage in a secured location. But outside? Seriously? This is a first.

By the way, the contents of my bags were untouched, but inside were my travel documents, a few luxury watches (just 2), and foreign currency. I was so upset. What would have happened if my luggage had gotten stolen or lost? I doubt the hotel would have replaced the items at full value. And after asking the concierge about why my bags were left outside all this time, all I've got from him was a smile with an 'I am sorry'. Seriously??

Any similar experiences out there? Am I over reacting here? I will surely cancel future stay plans at the Hyatt and go back to the Ritz. Funny how little things can ruin your entire experience. And I don't know why I left in the Ritz in the first place (oh, because of my new Hyatt CC.... I think I will close that one too!)
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:38 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had at the hotel. If you could please email us at [email protected] with your stay information, we will happily look into this and address the situation with the hotel.

Cassie B.--Hyatt Guest Relations
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by guyinmotion
By the way, the contents of my bags were untouched, but inside were my travel documents, a few luxury watches (just 2), and foreign currency. I was so upset. What would have happened if my luggage had gotten stolen or lost?
This is precisely why anything of value stays in a safe or on my person. This doesn't excuse the hotel's lackadaisical treatment of your luggage, but there shouldn't have been anything of value in there in the first place, certainly not money and passports! I don't allow taxi drivers or bellhops handle bags containing my important or valuable items. Please don't let valuables out of your sight again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.