FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:02 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here for the weekend.

Suite
Got a Grand suite using a DSU. Over looks the roundabout and you can see the Mandarin Oriental from here.

The suite is spacious but older. Parts of it have been soft renovated for the bathroom fixtures but the tiles show the age. Hand drawn curtains are no fun either because there's about a 2cm gap that lets light in. Wish they had total blackout curtains and automation.

Air conditioning is top notch. Arctic cold and powerful. I also appreciate the strong water pressure and hot water from the shower.
Also, the suite smells a bit weird though. It's like a musk and BO combination that comes from being in the sub-tropical? It's hard to quantify.

Grand Club

I honestly thought it would be better than it was judging from comments on here. Maybe it just went downhill over the years. I was expecting something on par with GH Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur but wasn't to be. Limited food selection. Only beef sausages and they weren't even hand made ones. Just the processed variety. Their pain au chocolat and chocolate donuts could use some work.

The GH Club's Indonesian fresh honey is delicious^

The service was fine. Always servers floating around and clearing dishes but one time they did it way too fast. I was still eating and drinking, got up for some sauce for the hot egg dish and came back to a cleared table. That was a mild nuisance.

Will checkout Grand Cafe tomorrow morning.