Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I guess we will see. I know Hyatt is rolling out he ability to book using a TSU online and in app this should be the same not sure it would be automatic as what if you apply a TSU to a HH stay? Two awards cant be applied at once. Could accidentally lead TSU to being removed which would be a headache.
I'm really hoping we see SUAs online soon - this would resolve my 2nd biggest issue with WOH. Hopefully, the 2K isn't actually a "certificate award" as you mentioned to avoid the double assignment problem.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trouvaille
The EQN for GOH bookings gives incentive to gift these out. Starting 1/1/24 new/re-qualified globalists get 5 GOH bookings:

Andif you do gift the award to another memberyoull earn 1 qualifying night credit towards tier status as a thank you from World of Hyatt when your Guest of Honor completes their stay.​

5 free EQNs.
I don't really get their motivation on this one. They seem to want to crack down on GoH usage, but then also reward it in smaller numbers?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:40 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I'm hoping the 2K Next Stay Awards are automatically applied and don't have to be called in and assigned to specific stays. Based on the terms, it sounds like it should be automatic.
From the FAQs ...

"You do not need to attach the award to your stay; it will automatically activate for stays at these brands."
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't really get their motivation on this one. They seem to want to crack down on GoH usage, but then also reward it in smaller numbers?
A 60 night Globalist only gets 3 of these so an extra 3 EQNs thats assuming one is giving 3 of these away each year which many wont, is nothing to Hyatt
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Can GoH be used on a 2nd and 3rd rooms in order to guarantee benefits to family/friends when all rooms are booked on my account?
I'd rather collect the base pts on my account than have them make WoH accounts for the seldom GoH stays. 3 EQNs probably not worth giving that up for simplicity's sake.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Can GoH be used on a 2nd and 3rd rooms in order to guarantee benefits to family/friends when all rooms are booked on my account?
I'd rather collect the base pts on my account than have them make WoH accounts for the seldom GoH stays. 3 EQNs probably not worth giving that up for simplicity's sake.
No.

You cannot be your own Guest of Honor. Also, you do not need to make or have a WOH account to receive a Guest of Honor booking.

You can create a WOH account for your spouse and book the Gust of Honor for them then after they get the points have them transfer to you.

You can also use a Club Award or Suite award for a 2nd or 3rd room in your name if you want.
kevinjm likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
First, a zero sum game is not necessarily true and re your second point, we do not know this.
It's absolutely true. Hyatt has X number of suites available.

1- It is quite possible there a less Globalists now then there were previously.
lol

No. No, it is not.

All of the above is as of yet unknown and yet you are acting as though it is known and terrible. I will bookmark this post and we can revisit in Nov 2024 and see how it all shook out.
This isn't my first week in the loyalty game. There's no way in the world that giving out more SUA, giving Explorists one Globalist stay plus allowing them to earn SUA, and allowing Globalists to get rewarded for booking points or cash GoH is somehow going to result in more suite upgrades for the average "real" Globalist. Please, let's be serious here.
Tino, bbbb, antonius66 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
It's absolutely true. Hyatt has X number of suites available.

lol

No. No, it is not.

This isn't my first week in the loyalty game. There's no way in the world that giving out more SUA, giving Explorists one Globalist stay plus allowing them to earn SUA, and allowing Globalists to get rewarded for booking points or cash GoH is somehow going to result in more suite upgrades for the average "real" Globalist. Please, let's be serious here.
It seems unlikely that this will cause any significant devaluation of the on-property experience. People who hit 40 or 50 nights will just go for 60 and be Globalists anyway. It really doesn't seem like the sky is falling here - busy properties during busy times with few suites aren't offering upgrades already, and that won't change. Properties in non-high seasons or those with plenty of suites won't suddenly be inundated with 40 or 50 night Explorists.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
It seems unlikely that this will cause any significant devaluation of the on-property experience. People who hit 40 or 50 nights will just go for 60 and be Globalists anyway. It really doesn't seem like the sky is falling here - busy properties during busy times with few suites aren't offering upgrades already, and that won't change. Properties in non-high seasons or those with plenty of suites won't suddenly be inundated with 40 or 50 night Explorists.
This is half wishcasting and half an acknowledgment that the program has already deteriorated substantially since before Covid.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:25 pm

Even if a property is busy doesnt mean they wont offer upgrades. Its dependent on multiple factors. The larger the property the more upgrades available.

My first ever stay at Manchester Grand Hyatt they had a massive convention going on yet they prioritized me as a Globalist and provided me a suite.

If upgrades are available they should be provided, if not then pushback. Obviously if you stay at a property frequently youre more likely to get pre-upgraded which is a massive advantage.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:25 pm

They won't even back you on the benefits we've already earned when hotels don't deliver! Now they want to add more benefits that hotels will chose whether or not to honor when you get to the desk. God help you if they don't, because no one from Hyatt will back you up when they don't. Hyatt, let's work on the delivery of what we've already earned. Start penalizing these hotels that don't deliver on benefits before you add more dreams.
antonius66 and js1993 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skj
You're confusing 2 different things ...

"Suite Upgrade Awards" are spending 6k or 9k points per night to upgrade a paid stay to a standard or premium suite.

"Complementary Suite Upgrade Awards" are those earned by reaching certain Milestones.
In your account it refers to the certificate awards as "Suite Upgrade Awards" (nothing about "complimentary"). So I don't think it's wrong to refer to them as such.

Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
In your account it refers to the certificate awards as "Suite Upgrade Awards" (nothing about "complimentary"). So I don't think it's wrong to refer to them as such.
"SUA" is absolutely the correct terminology. Replaces "TSU" before and "DSU" before that.

Originally Posted by js1993
and half an acknowledgment that the program has already deteriorated substantially since before Covid.
I'm not seeing that at all. Very happy with my Globalist experiences in 2023 (82 nights thus far). YMMV.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
They won't even back you on the benefits we've already earned when hotels don't deliver! Now they want to add more benefits that hotels will chose whether or not to honor when you get to the desk. God help you if they don't, because no one from Hyatt will back you up when they don't. Hyatt, let's work on the delivery of what we've already earned. Start penalizing these hotels that don't deliver on benefits before you add more dreams.
What do you mean they wont back you?

If theres an upgrade available and they wont budge call the Globalist line and theyll back you. Many accounts here of people doing that then the manager gets a call then upgrade is provided. Im not sure what you mean by they wont back you.

I think youre thinking of Hilton as they definitely wont back you. I was staying at a DT as a Diamond and there were plenty of upgrades showing as available between base and Junior Suite. I double checked my benefits in the app and it said eligible for Junior Suite. I even called 3 days prior to the property just to ask IF X Junior Suite is available when I check in will I be able to receive it with my status they said Yes. When I got there it was available, I confirmed with the front desk it was available then they said, I will lose my job if I upgrade you to a Junior Suite the title of the room was literally Junior Suite. I called Hiltons support they said nothing they can do.

Hyatt goes miles beyond that just make sure to call directly to the Globalist line.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:59 pm

So for those of us that didn't re-qualify for globalist next year, we will still receive 5 GOH certificates in January 2024 and can use them for ourselves to get globalist benefits for 5 stays next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.