Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
I have read it as (and the blogs seem to agree) that you can give yourself the Glob benefits once at 40 nights even if you are not Glob. As for the $100...of course you want that because it "definitely" brought value...that is why it went away...but look at the shiny baubles!!
I guess well see it seems a bit nonsensical.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Visconti

I'm with you here! Had no idea how great this program really was when I first joined. My first several suite upgrades were in SE Asia all the Executive Suites, not just the "standard" one. Probably, at least for me, never experience that again.
FFNs...1K bonuses...shock and awe style loyalty perks...closed regency club 2500 points...brings a tear to my eye.
kevino likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I guess well see it seems a bit nonsensical.
Probably I would wager it allows you to "taste" Glob benefits at 40 nights and then push to 60?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Meh, the GOH benefit I've only used a couple times when my cheap as eff father-in-law guilts my wife into having us covering a room for him. Personally, I don't value them at all. Give me 5, or three, given me none, I don't care, I hope to not use it. (sorry for those of you that are hurt by this; I do wonder what sort of internal metrics they found though. Perhaps there was a very small sliver of people racking up points on corporate cards just using the crap out of this benefit. I bet though, that most globalists never or very rarely use it though).

Overall, I like the changes. Giving something from 100-150 nights adds value to the program which I may or may not need but like to have out there. I will use the 2K awards likely enough, and might even op for the 5K points at 50 nights instead of TSUs since it's been a few years now that I end the year with 2 unused TSUs, since they are often not really needed (short stays, at which I seem to get upgraded nearly every time anyways, when I stay alone), or not available (no standard suites left). Mostly though, it's a no change for me which is nice.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:54 am

I know based on whats said a paid GoH stay should get the 30% points earning bonus. Since its new to Hyatt do you think that would be fairly seamless or some kinks to work out?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Also, its a slight enhancement that you now get 1 EQN after a GoH stay is completed using a GoH award. So for 2024 if you gift all 5 or 8 thats an extra 5-8 EQNs.
So is it clear that if I have a booked stay and add a second room for a friend using GOH, that I now get credit for 2 EQN on the same date?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by xooz
So is it clear that if I have a booked stay and add a second room for a friend using GOH, that I now get credit for 2 EQN on the same date?
Not sure if it is explicit but that is how it seems and I would fully wager that you get 1 EQN as a "credit" without a date, like the credit card 5k 2 night EQN. Probably just an undated 1 night EQN unconnected to the actual stay date and just for the "booking a GoH" period.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by xooz
I mean thats assuming a 1 night stay for both but sure.

If you had a 5 night stay and booked a GoH for 5 nights in a second room youd get 6 total EQNs.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Mostly though, it's a no change for me which is nice.
Yeah that is my point as well. Overall, not a big gain for 95% of people, a small loss for some, a break even-ish + or - for the great majority, a small gain for some, and a big gain for a tiny amount (and maybe a big loss for a tiny amount as well if anyone lives heavily on GoH I guess). Hardly an earth shattering boost like is being made out by the blog shills (although the 2 EQN for 5k booked by Prive agents and using your IATA code probably is not hurting the perception for many of them as it basically means free Glob if you do a moderate amount of business).
MarkOK likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My travel now includes a child, so the change from $100 to SUA is a good change for me. GoH was clunky to use and sometimes people find it hard to enforce it at *those properties* as it is gifted instead of earned.

The big win though is that Hyatt IT seems to getting better with GoH bookable online, and rumors of SUA being bookable online.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Looks like a net benefit for me, though I would have liked the Cat 1-7 cert to have been for cat 8. It just feels a bit cheap to not allow an almost all hotel token to not be valid at the chains best hotels.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:24 am

Overall I like these changes. Never used GoH much and the $100 gift certificate was always a pain to use.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
At 60 nights, we now get EITHER the Cat 1-7 or the concierge?

That's hilarious. Great "improvement."

Travel bloggers are stupid and shameless.
MasterPlanner and MarkOK like this.

Last edited by js1993; Nov 30, 2023 at 10:36 am Reason: First two sentence were wrong. Third one still right.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Looks like a net benefit for me, though I would have liked the Cat 1-7 cert to have been for cat 8. It just feels a bit cheap to not allow an almost all hotel token to not be valid at the chains best hotels.
With properties like Ventana charging $3,000/night for Cat 8 that would severely hurt Hyatt. Compared to where Cat 7s are at which is usually $500-$1,000. Im sure most wouldve just been happy if they gave it at 100 nights compared to 150.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by js1993
At 60 nights, we now get EITHER the Cat 1-7 or the concierge?

That's hilarious. Great "improvement."

Travel bloggers are stupid and shameless.
Wrong -- You get the whole list. Look again!
Sydneyberlin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.