Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
What do you mean they won’t back you?

If there’s an upgrade available and they won’t budge call the Globalist line and they’ll back you. Many accounts here of people doing that then the manager gets a call then upgrade is provided. I’m not sure what you mean by they won’t back you.

I think you’re thinking of Hilton as they definitely won’t back you. I was staying at a DT as a Diamond and there were plenty of upgrades showing as available between base and Junior Suite. I double checked my benefits in the app and it said eligible for Junior Suite. I even called 3 days prior to the property just to ask IF X Junior Suite is available when I check in will I be able to receive it with my status they said Yes. When I got there it was available, I confirmed with the front desk it was available then they said, “I will lose my job if I upgrade you to a Junior Suite” the title of the room was literally Junior Suite. I called Hilton’s support they said nothing they can do.

Hyatt goes miles beyond that just make sure to call directly to the Globalist line.
I have opened cases against a few hotels and they just take the room/suite off line saying its not available.Then one hour later they start selling it again and no follow up on the case from the Globalist line. Or they will tell you the Suite is down for repairs.

Guest of honor reservations are even a bigger joke getting the benefits.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:08 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skj
You're confusing 2 different things ...

"Suite Upgrade Awards" are spending 6k or 9k points per night to upgrade a paid stay to a standard or premium suite.

"Complementary Suite Upgrade Awards" are those earned by reaching certain Milestones.
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
In your account it refers to the certificate awards as "Suite Upgrade Awards" (nothing about "complimentary"). So I don't think it's wrong to refer to them as such.
Originally Posted by Kacee
"SUA" is absolutely the correct terminology. Replaces "TSU" before and "DSU" before that.
You can call them what you want but the 2 different terms have been part of the T&Cs since at least 2018, before Milestones were introduced in 2019.

Last edited by skj; Dec 1, 2023 at 5:17 am Reason: update date
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:11 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sethb
My guess is that the average Globalist used GoH a couple of times a year, but there were some number of them who told all their friends "transfer me your points for a reservation and I'll make the reservation as GoH for you". Those are the ones Hyatt would want to limit.
My guess is that the mode and even median of usage was zero among Globalists.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
No.

You cannot be your own Guest of Honor. Also, you do not need to make or have a WOH account to receive a Guest of Honor booking.

You can create a WOH account for your spouse and book the Gust of Honor for them then after they get the points have them transfer to you.

You can also use a Club Award or Suite award for a 2nd or 3rd room in your name if you want.
On the website it says you can use the GOH Award on yourself.

Guest of Honor Award
Gift someone (or yourself) a Globalist experience​ for up to 7 nights. Use it on award or eligible paid stays.

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't really get their motivation on this one. They seem to want to crack down on GoH usage, but then also reward it in smaller numbers?
Originally Posted by Beckles
I suspect that a very small proportion of Globalists were accounting for a very large proportion of GoH bookings, I suspect Hyatt is trying to fix that dynamic.
I think it's a thank you for referring a customer to use Hyatt. The underlying expectation, or hope is, that the person booking will be paying cash, instead of points since at this time only points can be used for GOH benefits. And if the individual likes the GOH benefits they will try to achieve the 60 nights as well.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Is anybody else concerned that as a Globalist, you're going to be competing against a lot of non-Globalists for suite upgrades? Not only will there be a lot more suite upgrades out there (travel agents can earn them and the max per member will increase to 14), but you can now transfer them to anybody. It's hard enough to use suite upgrades at some properties currently, and I assume it will be harder in the future if there's a lot of non-Globalists using suite upgrades. I'm thinking it may be better for Globalists if they didn't allow us to transfer suite upgrades. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sm71
Is anybody else concerned that as a Globalist, you're going to be competing against a lot of non-Globalists for suite upgrades? Not only will there be a lot more suite upgrades out there (travel agents can earn them and the max per member will increase to 14), but you can now transfer them to anybody. It's hard enough to use suite upgrades at some properties currently, and I assume it will be harder in the future if there's a lot of non-Globalists using suite upgrades. I'm thinking it may be better for Globalists if they didn't allow us to transfer suite upgrades. Any thoughts?
I agree. SUA transferability should raise usage of this benefit which means higher demand for suites.

Its going to get tougher to find suite availability in the future unless you book 10+ months in advance or are lucky enough to snag a short term cancellation
sm71 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Beckles
My guess is that the mode and even median of usage was zero among Globalists.
I used it once or twice a year, max (and I consider myself pretty active in terms of using my loyalty program benefits).

I view the GOH changes as a big positive, mostly because they will cut down on program abuses, which there is no question exist, sometimes on a large scale.
EuropeanPete and VegasGambler like this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Troopers
The EQN is a small reward for using your points for someone else.
That's not how that works with the new GoH. The guest pays for the room.

So basically I will be looking to transfer my GOH awards to anyone who will take them (and use them) so I can get the EQN.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:03 am

How does the GOH gifting work? Will a transfer count as a gift? Can globalists use a GOH award?

I ask this because both myself and a family member are globalists while most other people we know rarely stay in Hyatts without at least one of us present.
It may be advantageous for us to transfer the GOH awards to each other and then burn them for the elite nights if we don't have a better use for them near the expiration date.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:12 am

That's not how that works with the new GoH. The guest pays for the room.

So basically I will be looking to transfer my GOH awards to anyone who will take them (and use them) so I can get the EQN.
You can still book an award stay for someone else and apply the GOH.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can still book an award stay for someone else and apply the GOH.
Your statement was:

The EQN is a small reward for using your points for someone else.
That's incorrect. There is no requirement that you use your points to book for someone else to get the EQN. That was a requirement with the old GoH but not with the new one.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:34 am

That's incorrect. There is no requirement that you use your points to book for someone else to get the EQN. That was a requirement with the old GoH but not with the new one.
The rules have relaxed but the old GOH booking method remains. I suspect for the bulk of Globs, most who are non-FT'ers, that's likely how they will continue to utilize the GOH benefit...by booking the GOH award for someone else with their own points as they have been doing.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:08 pm

Why would the GOH EQN matter to me? I mean, if I book a room where I stay & pay, I receive EQN(s). Are we suggesting however that on top of m stay I apply a GOH for myself, I will receive an additional EQN on top of the X number of EQN night(s) I will receive during my stay?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
Why would the GOH EQN matter to me? I mean, if I book a room where I stay & pay, I receive EQN(s). Are we suggesting however that on top of m stay I apply a GOH for myself, I will receive an additional EQN on top of the X number of EQN night(s) I will receive during my stay?
As a globalist you would have no reason to use it on yourself.

But now you have an incentive to gift it. Note, again, you do not have to pay for the guest's stay. They pay, they get globalist benefits, and you get an EQN for free.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rules have relaxed but the old GOH booking method remains. I suspect for the bulk of Globs, most who are non-FT'ers, that's likely how they will continue to utilize the GOH benefit...by booking the GOH award for someone else with their own points as they have been doing.
Highly unlikely. The majority of people do not use points for most stays. There's no reason that GoH would be any different.

Most people also do not pay for the stays of other people; I'm not sure why you think this would change that.

The most likely use is I tell a friend who will be staying at a Hyatt, "hey, if I give you this award you get free breakfast, waived resort fee, late checkout if you want, maybe get upgraded, and you just pay for your stay normally." Of course they will take that if they were going to stay there anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.