Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Great lounges in Asia, of course.
Hey man, not sure if it's still a thing in the US, but have you experienced the "honor" lounge/bar, yet? You fill out this slip with a pencil and pay for drinks. When I first encountered this and the lounge attendant overtly handed me the slip and pencil, I was like, "you were serious about this?"

Would never see this in a million years in Asia.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
Hey man, not sure if it's still a thing, but have you experienced the "honor" lounge/bar, yet? You fill out this slip with a pencil and pay for drinks. When I first encountered this and the lounge attendant overtly handed me the slip and pencil, I was like, "you were serious about this?"
Nope. Haven't had the pleasure. Where was that?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Nope. Haven't had the pleasure. Where was that?
Clarified my post to note I had meant the "honor" bar experience is a US thing and *NOT* an Asian phenomenon. For me, I encountered it, if I recall, in the HR Chicago? As I've mentioned in other threads, once burned I stay away. So, after that, not sure if I've ever fetched another "honor bar" drink again.

PS - It's not that I had to pay but the act of filling out a slip of paper with a pencil. Am I still in kindergarten?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Clarified my post to note I had meant the "honor" bar experience is a US thing and *NOT* an Asian phenomenon. For me, I encountered it, if I recall, in the HR Chicago? As I've mentioned in other threads, once burned I stay away. So, after that, not sure if I've ever fetched another "honor bar" drink again.

PS - It's not that I had to pay but the act of filling out a slip of paper with a pencil. Am I still in kindergarten?
Grand Hyatt DC upgraded to scanning your room key if I recall correctly. Didn't actually work however during my stay and attendant took down my name and room number manually regardless.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

It's antiquated yes, but many private clubs do this. So I don't think it's just a kindergarten thing.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:59 pm

I have never used GOH in the few years I have been a Globalist but a friend of mine is headed down to Florida in March and I would like to make her stay a little more special. Does she book the hotel first or do I do it with her WOH number? If she's paying cash that doesn't matter in the new year, correct?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
I have never used GOH in the few years I have been a Globalist but a friend of mine is headed down to Florida in March and I would like to make her stay a little more special. Does she book the hotel first or do I do it with her WOH number? If she's paying cash that doesn't matter in the new year, correct?
Both ways work. Basically as long as its after 1/1 as long as its booked under an eligible rate either by her or you just call in to attach an award. I would recommend calling after 1/1 so you ft an EQN as an added bonus.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 3:26 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
From the FAQs (for GoH after 1 January) ...

"Guest of Honor Awards can be gifted (through your account or by calling a Global Care Center) to another World of Hyatt member. Once gifted, that member can book their own Guest of Honor stay through hyatt.com or by calling a Global Care Center. You can also book your Guest of Honors stay for them by calling a Global Care Center."
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by skj
From the FAQs (for GoH after 1 January) ...

"Guest of Honor Awards can be gifted (through your account or by calling a Global Care Center) to another World of Hyatt member. Once gifted, that member can book their own Guest of Honor stay through hyatt.com or by calling a Global Care Center. You can also book your Guest of Honors stay for them by calling a Global Care Center."
So basically what I said above.

Also, it sounds like based on the wording of this that you would be able to transfer the award to them which Hyatt has never done before. Theyve been able to make bookings on the spot, but if thats cancelled it would go back to your account. Im wondering if its a permanent gift like even if they cancel that award would forever belong to the recipient, at least thats my reading of the post.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:44 am
Chy

Does anyone know if when you reach the 40 night milestone you could use a suite night upgrade award for yourself combined with the guest of honor cert?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Chy
Does anyone know if when you reach the 40 night milestone you could use a suite night upgrade award for yourself combined with the guest of honor cert?
No, you may not use the guest of honor certificate in combination with a suite award you may use it on yourself though.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Is there any sense in delaying selection of 2023 Milestone Rewards until January given the recently announced improvements?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is there any sense in delaying selection of 2023 Milestone Rewards until January given the recently announced improvements?

-FlyerBeek
Yes, if you select the 70-100 night milestones in January they have a 2026 expiration, if you select them in December they have a 2025 expiration.

Who wouldnt want more flexibility and a longer expiration? Is there a downside to waiting a few more days for you?
SanDiego1K and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
I select my milestone rewards quickly since I do intend to use them and not sit on them. They all get used well before the expiration date anyway.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:29 am
Community Director Emerita

I am (im)patiently waiting til January 1 to choose my 90 stay and 100 stay suite upgrades. I love having an extra year of life for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.