Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:57 am

So a GOH recipient now has to have a Hyatt account?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by danger
I've made a couple of Guest of Honor reservations but they've both ended up being made in my name. I clicked the "Guest of Honor" option on the rates page and the rate summary page (after selecting a rate) shows 'Guest of Honor award' or similar, but there was no option to add the honorees names.

I've also noticed a table on One Mile at a Time that shows a 60-night Globalist doesn't get all three of two suite upgrade awards, a category 1-7 award and a personal concierge. The table under the heading "Details of World of Hyatt Milestone Rewards changes" says you choose ("Your choice of ...") presumably one of those three options at 60 nights.
That table is confusing, but the alternative coloring on the 60-night column means you get all of them. This is confirmed in the WOH app, as well.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by myperks
you need to gift the GOH award to another member so they can make the reservation under their name
This is how it's presented when I'm logged into my account and do a search and when I select the room. There's no option to gift the award or to enter the recipient's name.

TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
This is how it's presented when I'm logged into my account and do a search and when I select the room. There's no option to gift the award or to enter the recipient's name.

That's what I saw too. But my guess is this path is for non-Globs who want to apply a GoH award for themselves (after they lose Glob status).

Instead I believe you need to go to your awards page... there you can click on one of them, see the expiry and click "gift"
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:10 pm

Are resort fees waived for a non-globalist booking a guest of honor stay with cash?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:12 pm

Should have done more research. Here are the GOH benefits from the faq:

Waived resort fees, including on eligible paid stays
Club Access or free breakfast for up to four registered guests (two adults and two children)
Room upgrades, subject to availability
Elite check-in and late checkout
Premium Internet
Bottled water
Free parking on award nights
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:39 pm

you need to go into the award section of your account and gift it to your recipient first, and have them make the reservation like what you did in the screenshots.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
That's what I saw too. But my guess is this path is for non-Globs who want to apply a GoH award for themselves (after they lose Glob status).

Instead I believe you need to go to your awards page... there you can click on one of them, see the expiry and click "gift"
Interesting. I'm logged in and Globalist through 2/25 and that's what I see.
​​​
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

you need to go into the award section of your account and gift it to your recipient first, and have them make the reservation like what you did in the screenshots.
Why am I presented with the option to make a Guest of Honor reservation, though, as shown in my first screenshot?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:46 pm

Why am I presented with the option to make a Guest of Honor reservation, though, as shown in my first screenshot?
because you can use it yourself if you are not a globalist (as non globalist can also earn them now)
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

because you can use it yourself if you are not a globalist (as non globalist can also earn them now)
But I am a Globalist and my account reflects that. And my five GOH awards have been reduced by the number of reservations I've made using the method shown in my screenshots.

I'm confused.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:54 pm

But I am a Globalist and my account reflects that. And my five GOH awards have been reduced by the number of reservations I've made using the method shown in my screenshots.

I'm confused.
dont select to use the award (or unselect it in your screenshot) when you are making a reservation for yourself then. Even your screenshot tells you your tier status gives you the award benefits already.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:20 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
So a GOH recipient now has to have a Hyatt account?
Yes
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

I'm confused.
Perhaps some people will lose Globalist in the future, like at the end of Feb and they want to make a future reservation with GoH? If you dont need it, just ignore it.

I think the way its designed is to show available GOH for everyone who has it (either from Hyatt or received as a gift) so they can apply it at booking.

Makes sense to me but obviously not everyone needs it all the time.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So let's say I give a GoH to a regular member.

Then another person gives a GoH to that same regular member.

Member goes to book. How do they know to use mine and not the other one, if they're all anonymous?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.