Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2023, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
And points with the 30% Globalist bonus!
according to faq, GOH does not

While Globalists receive a 30% point bonus on eligible spend, Guests of Honor stays will not. (Guest of Honor benefits are limited to In-Hotel Benefits, as described in the World of Hyatt program terms. Elite tier point bonuses are not an In-Hotel Benefit.)
mmgm, skj and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:29 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Eridium
There's something about Globalist Guest of Honor Awards that isn't clear to me. In years to come, will Lifetime Globalists receive 5 GoH awards on their anniversary? Or is it only applicable to all Globalists who have status on Dec 31, 2023 with GoH benefits expiring in Feb 2025 and no renewal of GoH awards at the end of 2024.

My brother is a Lifetime Globalist, who in a past career spent 100+ nights per year at Park Hyatts. Now he works from home, but once or twice a year he books a much appreciated Globalist GoH reservation for me. Since he works from home, there's no chance that he'll stay anywhere close to 60 nights at Hyatts anymore. Will GoH awards have to be earned each year as a sort of milestone? Or will Lifetime Globalists get an allowance of a few GoH awards, owing to their continued Globalist status? I see no language clarifying this:

All members who are Globalist or Lifetime Globalist as of December 31, 2023, will receive five complimentary Guest of Honor Awards in their account in January 2024. These complimentary Guest of Honor Awards expire on February 28, 2025.
LTGs will get 5 GoH Awards on or about 1 March each year.
Eridium likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
Im looking through the FAQ I dont see where it says that LTGs get 5 every year in perpetuity.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by antonius66
Yes there are but they aren't in the US. The 3500 point "low season" award price I paid at the Lindner Prague was damn near literally stealing after my 20 percent award promo rebate, free parking on award, and 500 per night new hotel promo... although that hotel won't be a 1 much longer. However there are still other good 1s but 0 of them in the US.
How did you get a 20% award promo rebate here? Is everyone eligible for this?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by skj
That's what I was advised by one of the Hyatt Concierge as another data point.
I barely use the GOH especially now as redemption costs have risen so much (especially with Hyatt)
however on the rare occasions I have it made me quite proud to share it with non Hyatt guests and see
how great things can be for Globe experiencewhen a hotel is on point with executing recognition, breakfast etc
Eridium likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
How did you get a 20% award promo rebate here? Is everyone eligible for this?
It was a promo over the summer IIRC
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
however on the rare occasions I have it made me quite proud to share it with non Hyatt guests and see
how great things can be for Globe experiencewhen a hotel is on point with executing recognition, breakfast etc
Which is the point - they want us to be evangelists.

Take this with a grain of salt, but again speaking to industry friends who go to industry events Hyatt knows they are boxed in by a very balkanized Bonvoy. The CEO isn't kidding that the current strategy is to try and go back to basics on elite recognition because just handing out points like candy isn't going to create long term value for Hyatt. Everybody learned that lesson in 2008.

The problem of course is they've given ownership and properties carte blanche to cut things to the bone over the last 4 years and turning that around is going to be a very, very tall order.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
That's what I was advised by one of the Hyatt Concierge as another data point.
I barely use the GOH especially now as redemption costs have risen so much (especially with Hyatt)
Per the updated TandCs

(ii) Five (5) Guest of Honor Awards annually;

also where I found my own question on gifting lots available to gift
Warriorconcept and Eridium like this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:12 pm

I was saying to have previously jumped on the Bilt promo as combined with the 20 night requirement, the $25 rooms, and the Q2 promo where you got points for every 2 nights it was a gold mine for anyone who wouldnt otherwise go for Globalist.
What exactly is the Bilt promo?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:24 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
A promo that ended back in July ... Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023 - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
A promo that ran from April to July and gave anyone who signed up for it Globalist status through February with only 20 nights!
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
The problem of course is they've given ownership and properties carte blanche to cut things to the bone over the last 4 years and turning that around is going to be a very, very tall order.
I dont think thats accurate. Most hotels Ive stayed at have gone above and beyond whats required in the terms. Breakfast is a prime example.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: Skyteam
I hope Marriott Bonvoy follow suite. Not having gifts after 75 nights makes me want to go back to Hyatt. I miss the concierge service.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I will definitely need to be more selective about GoH moving forward now. I've done a few for the wife this year on her trips and some for friends where they transfer me the points, including for my family for an upcoming trip. I also have a 1K friend that lets me use some of his plus points and has a standing offer of GoH whenever he wants provided he transfers the points. Those plus points got my wife polaris round trip last month...I assume that wins over globalist benefits in stays right? Haha
Old Dec 5, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
A promo that ran from April to July and gave anyone who signed up for it Globalist status through February with only 20 nights!
Great promo for them, but I'd wager almost all of them will be gone Feb 28, 2025 as they won't re-qualify. The gap between 20 and 60 is too large with Hyatt's footprint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.