Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
"Globalist lite" is a made-up term. They are full globalists.
Of course its a made-up term.

Its helpful for this discussion based community to distinguish between Globalist, Globlites, Explorist, etc. Certainly, our experiences and advice is predicated on ones elite status/benefits

Now back to the subject of this threadits helpful for those chasing this promo that they will be Globlites (Globalists without SUA, MHC, and Cat 1-7 cert).
myperks likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:15 am

I'm trying to determine whether I'd benefit enough from this promotion to chase glob-lite. If I do it right, it would be about 55k points plus the planned cash stays I already had booked to reach glob.

The stays I would have status (beyond Discoverist) for would be 10 planned nights scattered between HC Ginza, PH Kyoto, PH Tokyo and Andaz Tokyo but may be adding a couple more nights if award availability pops up that allow me to extend my planned stays (specifically in Ginza and Kyoto). While I know I could make use of the breakfast benefits during these stays, those out of pocket costs definitely don't add to what I value 55k points at.

So my question for those of you far more in the know than this complete Hyatt newbie, would the chances of upgrades at the properties mentioned be worth rolling the dice on and chasing glob-lite? Do you see the potential for upgrades you'd value at 25-30k points? That's about what I see the break-even point being.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Chemystery
I'm trying to determine whether I'd benefit enough from this promotion to chase glob-lite. If I do it right, it would be about 55k points plus the planned cash stays I already had booked to reach glob.

The stays I would have status (beyond Discoverist) for would be 10 planned nights scattered between HC Ginza, PH Kyoto, PH Tokyo and Andaz Tokyo but may be adding a couple more nights if award availability pops up that allow me to extend my planned stays (specifically in Ginza and Kyoto). While I know I could make use of the breakfast benefits during these stays, those out of pocket costs definitely don't add to what I value 55k points at.

So my question for those of you far more in the know than this complete Hyatt newbie, would the chances of upgrades at the properties mentioned be worth rolling the dice on and chasing glob-lite? Do you see the potential for upgrades you'd value at 25-30k points? That's about what I see the break-even point being.
If those Japan stays aren't a solo trip and if you eat breakfast than that benefit alone might be worth it.
Chemystery likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:50 am

I would probably say I wouldnt spend 55k for a potential trip in the future but you have a planned trip for 10+ nights in Tokyo that can benefit with this status. IMO, Japan is where breakfast is important because its fairly expensive a la carte and not a lot of choices on the streets or if you are an early diner. Plus potential upgrade, better room assignment and late checkout would make this a good investment on the Japan trip alone. Plus the fact that you will have status until Feb 2025 is what makes this a great deal.
Chemystery likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:06 am

My sense from reading the various Japan threads is that upgrades are unlikely. Besides, if you have 10 nights scattered across 4 properties, any upgrade isn't particularly useful...you'll be packing up soon after unpacking.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
My sense from reading the various Japan threads is that upgrades are unlikely. Besides, if you have 10 nights scattered across 4 properties, any upgrade isn't particularly useful...you'll be packing up soon after unpacking.
The plan is to end up with a total of at least 12 nights on the trip, with three nights at HC Ginza, four at PH Kyoto, then either 2 at PH Tokyo and 3 at Andaz or just 5 at Andaz since I haven't been able to find availability at PH for my dates. It's two of us traveling so the breakfast benefits alone will offset a fair amount.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:50 am

The plan is to end up with a total of at least 12 nights on the trip, with three nights at HC Ginza, four at PH Kyoto, then either 2 at PH Tokyo and 3 at Andaz or just 5 at Andaz since I haven't been able to find availability at PH for my dates. It's two of us traveling so the breakfast benefits alone will offset a fair amount.
No doubt breakfast for two has lots of value. In regards to upgrades, I don't think it's likely based on reports in the various threads.
Chemystery likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
No doubt breakfast for two has lots of value. In regards to upgrades, I don't think it's likely based on reports in the various threads.
Agreed, that's why I am leaning toward not bothering. I'm perfectly content with the rooms we are in and I would rather put the points toward a couple/few nights on a future stay.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 3:44 pm

Agreed, that's why I am leaning toward not bothering. I'm perfectly content with the rooms we are in and I would rather put the points toward a couple/few nights on a future stay.
Oops, I missed where you said 55k points was basing it on 25-30k points.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Skink
Oops, I missed where you said 55k points was basing it on 25-30k points.
I figure the breakfasts would realistically offset about half the points, the other half would be what I was gambling on upgrades. Since the reserved room would be perfectly okay in all cases, and since we may opt not to eat every breakfast at the hotel, I don't think I'll be trying for 20 nights unless we have unexpected travel pop up.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
I figure the breakfasts would realistically offset about half the points, the other half would be what I was gambling on upgrades. Since the reserved room would be perfectly okay in all cases, and since we may opt not to eat every breakfast at the hotel, I don't think I'll be trying for 20 nights unless we have unexpected travel pop up.
I mean... are you only traveling to these Hyatts in Japan for the rest of 2 years? Globalist for 2 years is the value prop here you should be measuring against. Well worth 55K points if you have any meaningful travel after.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:44 pm

Im assuming this wont work for current Globalists that still need to requalify right? Im only 1/3 of the way there.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by akleopard
Im assuming this wont work for current Globalists that still need to requalify right? Im only 1/3 of the way there.
On a few other websites I read that some folks who are globalist right now have signed up hoping to reduce the number of nights and extend the expiration date. Just sign up and wait for the approval email.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:49 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by akleopard
Considering we're 1/4 of the way through the year, not sure 1/3 done is a bad pace.

20 nights in 3 months not counting credit card nights isn't more attractive than just getting 60 nights to me, though I'm already at 24 nights (including 5 from WoH card plus 2 more for the first $5k in sepnd) with three more nights planned next weekend using free night certificates for a family trip, so I'm on a comfortable pace to requalify, though I may need a little mattress running at the end depending how work travel unfolds this year.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Is there a term for me, who took advantage of the 30 night globalist post pandemic way[mostly CC nights] then parlayed into MGM Gold then into Explorist now all with about staying about 8 nights.

Like a 1 percenter wannabe Glob-lite MGM faker Explorist who thinks Explorist/Gold actually means anything.

But hey, already got a first class upgrade on an American flight two weeks ago thanks to the original 30 nighter offer, woo hoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.