Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
The T&C's say the following: "To maintain Explorist status through February 2025, member must complete at least ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide, participating MGM Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties, or Lindblad Expeditions on stays started and completed during the Explorist Trial Period."

Is Secrets considered in one of the above categories or are they excluded? I'm guessing excluded, but we have a short stay there in June so I wanted to check.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Jed33d
The T&C's say the following: "To maintain Explorist status through February 2025, member must complete at least ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide, participating MGM Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) properties, or Lindblad Expeditions on stays started and completed during the Explorist Trial Period."

Is Secrets considered in one of the above categories or are they excluded? I'm guessing excluded, but we have a short stay there in June so I wanted to check.
It's one of Hyatt's resorts so it should be included.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: Globalist, BA Silver, United Silver, KrisFlyer Gold
Good post. There has been some confusion on award nights counting (twitter). I've been waiting for a clarification post. Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by myperks
Is this an immediate match? Reading some of the comments on other social media forums it seems the match still requires approval? I wonder if all matches will go through.
Something tells me credit rating will have an impact on approval.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JetAway
Something tells me credit rating will have an impact on approval.
How could they check that without our social? I honestly don't recall if I gave my address as well.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
No personal details were needed to register other then name email and phone number.
goodgirl and Chemystery like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
How could they check that without our social? I honestly don't recall if I gave my address as well.
I don’t know, but after I signed up for a Bilt account yesterday, the app displayed a credit score that is roughly accurate.

I think the only data I provided them with are name, DoB, email and phone number.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For me a Glob Lite is someone who hit Globalist with 10 nights stayed or less.

This was possible in early 2021 you could start from 0, get the WOH CC which gave 10 nights then stay 10 nights with the double EQNs making 30 Elite Nights.

On top of that they couldve had 5 or 10+ nights rolled over from the prior year.

Since Hyatt has had a longstanding Corporate challenge of stay 20 nights in 90 days to hit Globalist not sure it exactly applies as we didnt start using the term Glob Lite until Q1 2021 AFAIK.

Could also be a case of tomato vs toma-to where some people just view it differently.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This whole Glob Lite thing is yet another Internet-borne stratification by elites trying to outdo one another in the upgrade line - it’s been said before that any Globalist shows up as a Globalist in Hyatt’s systems, regardless of whether you’ve stayed the 60+ nights the old-fashioned way, spent enough on your credit card or milked the many US-slanted promotions to get you there. “Glob Lite” means absolute bubkis.

The sooner this whole meaningless differentiation is done away with, the sooner we can move onto and busy ourselves with things that actually matter - or matter more.

khabah
bbbb, nycnyc, notquiteaff and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
This whole Glob Lite thing is yet another Internet-borne stratification by elites trying to outdo one another in the upgrade line - it’s been said before that any Globalist shows up as a Globalist in Hyatt’s systems, regardless of whether you’ve stayed the 60+ nights the old-fashioned way, spent enough on your credit card or milked the many US-slanted promotions to get you there. “Glob Lite” means absolute bubkis.

The sooner this whole meaningless differentiation is done away with, the sooner we can move onto and busy ourselves with things that actually matter - or matter more.

khabah
It's important to distinguish Globalist vs Glob-lite here on FT....it can be quite confusing if a Glob-lite refers him/herself as a Globalist when SUA, MHC, etc are discussed. So, it's not meaningless to differentiate the two.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by khabah
This whole Glob Lite thing is yet another Internet-borne stratification by elites trying to outdo one another in the upgrade line - its been said before that any Globalist shows up as a Globalist in Hyatts systems, regardless of whether youve stayed the 60+ nights the old-fashioned way, spent enough on your credit card or milked the many US-slanted promotions to get you there. Glob Lite means absolute bubkis.

khabah
Yes, let's stop discussing all this frequent traveller nonsense and get back to what matters.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
For me a “Glob Lite” is someone who hit Globalist with 10 nights stayed or less.
Glob-lite is someone with less than 60 nights. The assumption here on FT is that a Globalist has hit the 60 nights achieving the respective milestones.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Glob-lite is someone with less than 60 nights. The assumption here on FT is that a Globalist has hit the 60 nights achieving the respective milestones.
Then why wasnt this term used prior to the pandemic?

There were at least 2 years pre-COVID where the 20 nights Corporate challenge was run yet no one called people who earned Globalist through those Glob Lites.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Then why wasnt this term used prior to the pandemic?

There were at least 2 years pre-COVID where the 20 nights Corporate challenge was run yet no one called people who earned Globalist through those Glob Lites.
I think globlite came about when it was double elite nights and half the requirements and roll over so it was 15 nights to get it
lsquare and OhDoctor like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
I think globlite came about when it was double elite nights and half the requirements and roll over so it was 15 nights to get it
Yeah thats what I was saying - Also it was less if you got the WOH CC which was offering 10 EQNs just for signing up at the time which many people took advantage of to get status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.