Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bilt Explorist / Globalist Fast Track promotion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I mean full disclosure, I already have 5 nights booked during the promo period, so yeah obviously I'm going to mattress run 15 nights to get 2 years locked down. I'll worry about the TSUs later.
The Ts&Cs say that notification of eligibility or whatever will come by April 17...I have a 4-night stay the week before so if they activate the promo for me faster than that, then it'll be super tempting to mattress run the other 16...but if not, then I'd pass, as much as I'd love complimentary breakfast when I stay in Midtown Manhattan this fall...
Old Mar 29, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by craigthemif
More whining about "Glob-lites", without recognising that people who aren't staying 60+ nights per year aren't at your hotel competing for upgrades either...
They absolutely ARE at your hotel competing for upgrades sometimes, just each individual who only stays 20 nights a year rather than 60 is 1/3rd as likely to be there on a night you are there competing for an upgrade with you. The fact that each individual extra elite does not have the impact of a 'full' elite on suite availability does not mean that credit card or fast track elites cannot significantly hurt benefits if a programme allows enough of them to join. Just look at the mess in e.g. Thailand now at Marriott, where huge numbers of elites have been manufactured from discounted stays and offers during COVID and many hotels are struggling to even provide the lounge space needed as those elites are keen to keep staying to get their 'benefits', let alone give suites to everyone.
writetorich and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
The Ts&Cs say that notification of eligibility or whatever will come by April 17...I have a 4-night stay the week before so if they activate the promo for me faster than that, then it'll be super tempting to mattress run the other 16...but if not, then I'd pass, as much as I'd love complimentary breakfast when I stay in Midtown Manhattan this fall...
I believe stays with a check-in date prior to April 17th will be ineligible, regardless of when they notify you of your status challenge approval.
Saidoh likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:51 am

Here is my plan. I want to take advantage with this 20 nights for globalist (4/17-7/16) and the bonus journey promotion (every 2 nights get 3000 back after the first stay 3/20-5/26).

4/27 hotel A - 1 night 5000 point per night.
4/28-4/29 hotel B - 2 nights (5000 point per night, get 3000 back)
5/1 - 5/19 hotel C - 18 nights (5000 point per night, get 27000 back)

So total point used = 21 * 5000 = 105,000
points get back = 10 x 3000 = 30,000
So total will be 105k - 30k = 75k

But here is the fine print for the promotion for bonus journey, will redeem point only stay counts?

6. What is an Eligible Stay?
For the purpose of this offer, an Eligible Stay is defined as a stay at a participating hotel where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night award. Back-to-back nights at the same hotel will be considered one Eligible Stay. A hotel must be participating in World of Hyatt at the time of your stay for it to qualify as an Eligible Stay. See complete terms and conditions on hyatt.com for a list of participating MGM Rewards destinations and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties. Only Eligible Stays after registration will qualify. Only stays with checkout dates after registration and between March 20 and May 26, 2023, will qualify. Please note that not all Inclusive Collection properties are participating in World of Hyatt as of the launch of the promotion.

7. What is an Eligible Night?
For the purpose of this promotion, an Eligible Night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.

13. Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?
Eligible methods of payment include cash, Points + Cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. Eligible methods of payment exclude, without limitation, hotel House Accounts, charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates.
baldguy likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There are more important things to get upset about these days than whether a Globalist lite is stealing my upgrade.

I suspect many of us started our Hyatt elite run through some kind of promo. I did, and that's something I try to keep in mind.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect many of us started our Hyatt elite run through some kind of promo. I did, and that's something I try to keep in mind.
Speak for yourself 🤣 went from 0-60 the hard way in 2019. Get off my lawn you Bilt-ers! Ha
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Speak for yourself 🤣 went from 0-60 the hard way in 2019. Get off my lawn you Bilt-ers! Ha
2019? I'm surprised they let you post!

Diamond challenge 2014.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:04 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toni8284
Here is my plan. I want to take advantage with this 20 nights for globalist (4/17-7/16) and the bonus journey promotion (every 2 nights get 3000 back after the first stay 3/20-5/26).

4/27 hotel A - 1 night 5000 point per night.
4/28-4/29 hotel B - 2 nights (5000 point per night, get 3000 back)
5/1 - 5/19 hotel C - 18 nights (5000 point per night, get 27000 back)

Do you actually need these hotels? The 21st night is unnecessary for achieving Globalist status and not worth spending 5k points to earn a 3k point bonus if you're only doing it for mattress run purposes.

But here is the fine print for the promotion for bonus journey, will redeem point only stay counts?
They always do with Hyatt, 'redeems a Free Night award' includes point redemptions under Hyatt's typical rules.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
Do you actually need these hotels? The 21st night is unnecessary for achieving Globalist status and not worth spending 5k points to earn a 3k point bonus if you're only doing it for mattress run purposes.

They always do with Hyatt, 'redeems a Free Night award' includes point redemptions under Hyatt's typical rules.
The 18 nights that I dont need. It's a mattress run at my local Hyatt. I do 21 nights because I'm close to my next milestone.

so for this promotion, do I have to stay consecutively? Or it can be 1 night at hotel A and 1 night at hotel B still receive 3000 points after the first stay?

Last edited by toni8284; Mar 29, 2023 at 8:17 am
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:32 am

Is the 75k and effort to achieve Glob-lite worth it? Do you have/planning upcoming stays at full service properties to reap Glob-lite benefits?
writetorich likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:36 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
so for this promotion, do I have to stay consecutively? Or it can be 1 night at hotel A and 1 night at hotel B still receive 3000 points after the first stay?
The nights do not need to be consecutive in the same hotel, one night at hotel A and one night at hotel B will get you the 3,000 points for Bonus Journeys.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Troopers
Is the 75k and effort to achieve Glob-lite worth it? Do you have/planning upcoming stays at full service properties to reap Glob-lite benefits?
That’s what I wonder. Those 75k are an expensive way to buy Glob breakfast, IMO. Maybe some other glob benefits will make it worthwhile for the OP (parking, resort fees, Glob earnings bonus), but I don’t think it would make sense for me (especially since I have no idea where I will be traveling in 2024).
writetorich likes this.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Mar 29, 2023 at 9:25 am
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That’s what I wonder. Those 75k are an expensive way to buy Glob breakfast, IMO. Maybe some other glob benefits will make it worthwhile for the OP, but I don’t think it would make sense for me (especially since I have no idea where I will be traveling in 2024).
I am explorist right now (merry go around with MGM).

Actually, if I only include the mattress run nights, I only need 57k UR after the promotion.

I do have trips booked for the rest of the year.

hyatt regency Tokyo 3 night in august. (I might switch to Andaz Tokyo if I’m a globalist).
hyatt ziva cap Cana for 6 night for the last week on Dec.

no plan yet in 2024.

And based on the milestones. I should get :
20 Nights 2 Club Access Awards
30 Nights 1 Cat 1-4 Free Night and 2 Club Access Awards

Last edited by toni8284; Mar 29, 2023 at 9:47 am
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thats what I wonder. Those 75k are an expensive way to buy Glob breakfast, IMO. Maybe some other glob benefits will make it worthwhile for the OP (parking, resort fees, Glob earnings bonus), but I dont think it would make sense for me (especially since I have no idea where I will be traveling in 2024).
Same here. I often think these various promos (hotel and airlines) are a trap...promos entice ppl to do something that they would not normally do, then ppl behave normally post-promo and unable to reap benefits.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
Same here. I often think these various promos (hotel and airlines) are a trap...promos entice ppl to do something that they would not normally do, then ppl behave normally post-promo and unable to reap benefits.
100% agreewhatever the promotion (Bilt, Q1, Q2 etc) the only real winners are the people who would have spent the nights/cash anyway (e.g. I had more than 30 nights booked in Q1 and Q2 so the 30k and 45k extra points for them from the Q1/Q2 promos are a pure win/gift)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.