Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:56 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for the first fully-participating Hyatt in a long-overdue market, Rome. This is a 52-room boutique hotel in the Ludovisi neighborhood overlooking the Villa Borghese, and has a lovely rooftop bar.

Excited to have this one. Opening October 4th, 2021, but not taking reservations yet.

Property link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/it...-tribune/romjd

khabah
demue, lsquare, 59Impala and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like an award category 4.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Surprised we can't book it yet despite it being "open" tomorrow...
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:00 am

Any reason this wouldn't get Globalist benefits?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:26 pm

Bookable now online with points and/or cash - the concierge couldn't apply TSU but is emailing the property. Rates are about 136 euros a night for the dates I'm looking at - will likely do cash instead of the 15k points.
madmanshoney likes this.

Last edited by Warriorconcept; Oct 4, 2021 at 4:34 pm
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:41 pm

But I would try the standard rate of 160€ +9000 Points for the premium suite upgrade You'll get a value of 2,41 Eurocent per point .....That's good I think :=)
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Hyattexplorer1982
But I would try the standard rate of 160€ +9000 Points for the premium suite upgrade You'll get a value of 2,41 Eurocent per point .....That's good I think :=)
Good idea, don't think I'll splurge so much to be honest as likely won't be in the room enough to appreciate a premium suite lol.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:44 am

Ended up doing a BRG down to $90 a night for standard room via priceline.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Except it’s not a true suite, the premium suite upgrade is just a larger junior suite.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Except it’s not a true suite, the premium suite upgrade is just a larger junior suite.
Maybe but it's a much better value than a normal king room
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:07 pm

Any post re-opening reviews? Especially interested in comments on their rooms and breakfast (continental only & self-service buffet?).
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Any post re-opening reviews? Especially interested in comments on their rooms and breakfast (continental only & self-service buffet?).
We have a stay booked here in a couple weeks...will report back. Guess we're going at a busy time as it is one of the only hotels with availability in the center of town that is within our price target.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bmrisko
We have a stay booked here in a couple weeks...will report back. Guess we're going at a busy time as it is one of the only hotels with availability in the center of town that is within our price target.
Please share! I still can't apply a TSU despite it showing standard suite availability as the king jr suite...
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Will be looking forward to your review
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:01 am

Checked in last night and am extremely underwhelmed. We booked a Jr Suite as it fell within my wife's per diem. Pictures show a separate wc, bath tub, divided room, desk, etc. Our room has none of that, but they swear it is a Jr suite. We got it at midnight and son's sofa bed was not made. They said they had no record of him on the reservation, but our confirmation clearly shows him. We're currently trying to get moved to a room today that better matches the pictures on the website. There is also no way to just turn on a bedside reading light, which I find crazy.

Another issue is Free Breakfast is listed as an amenity, but they said the miniscule buffet is actually €30 for non-Globalists and the website is mistaken. They went ahead and let us take the buffet today and said they would try to figure it out. Other folks in the breakfast area seemed to be having the same problem. Overall, aside from one associate at the front desk who has been my sounding board, we're not impressed. Will follow up with how they respond to our concerns.

Few pics of the so called Jr suite, ignore the mess, got in late and just wanted sleep.

Warriorconcept likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.