Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 1, 2024, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Awful behaviour by the hotel to introduce this concept.
They're not required to offer a lounge.

When did free stuff become an expectation?
Old Jun 1, 2024, 8:44 am

Just finished a 4 night stay. They put us in their standard junior suite which was more than adequate for a couple. A few additional things to add:

Pros:
  • Nice room, hotel kept clean
  • Good service and housekeeping across the board
  • Really liked the rooftop restaurant and live music was actually good
  • good value (booked at category 4)
  • tons of freebies. Free minibar (coke, juices, beer, red wine, white wine proseco), welcome amenity, lounge, breakfast, etc.
  • like the toiletries

Cons:
  • I actually thought breakfast was pretty bad. Just a slight step up in quality from a Hyatt place but with more options. We skipped breakfast the last day and it was the right choice for us
  • elevator is tiny and super slow. Canít expect a lot from a hotel like this in Rome but thought Iíd mention it as it also went down completely for a day and we were on the 6th floor
  • gym is tiny, not particularly clean, and stuffy
  • really didnít like the location as a tourist. Might be nice for those that travel for business as I usually like a quiet spot when I travel for work (always within the U.S.), but I thought it was terrible for touristy activities. My wife had never been to Rome and getting a taxi and Uber proved to be a chore and really expensive. I hadnít been to Rome in 8 years and didnít remember Rome having such poor public transportation but we hand a terrible time getting a taxi or Uber (they cancelled on us 8 times over 4.5 days and we still walked 10+ miles a day). We like to walk but if youíre trying to fit a lot in it might be difficult. It might have been the holiday weekend and was also in stark contrast to Paris where we just came from and has excellent transportation options

Side note: just looked at our bill and we did some last minute emergency laundry because one of our bags were lost and 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and 8-9 pairs of socks/underwear came out to 150 euros! This was our fault for not checking pricing more carefully but still is outrageous pricing.

extra side note: we did a spa day at the new Bulgari hotel and it was one of the best spa experiences Iíve ever had at a reasonable price. 340 euros total for a 60min couples massage in a couples suite, unlimited access to their facilities including one of the most beautiful indoor pools Iíve ever seen, ice fountain, steam room, sauna, and seemingly endless Bulgari branded amenities, etc. Highly recommend!

All in all I probably wouldnít stay here again as a tourist at a category 5 mostly due to location. Looking forward to the Thompson opening here in the next year or two.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Cmag211
,,,,getting a taxi and Uber proved to be a chore and really expensive. I hadn’t been to Rome in 8 years and didn’t remember Rome having such poor public transportation but we hand a terrible time getting a taxi or Uber (they cancelled on us 8 times over 4.5 days and we still walked 10+ miles a day). We like to walk but if you’re trying to fit a lot in it might be difficult. It might have been the holiday weekend and was also in stark contrast to Paris where we just came from and has excellent transportation options
There is a fixed permanent taxi rank a 3 minute walk away from the hotel, on the corner of via campania and via veneto.
By getting a taxi there you also save paying for the "call out" charge.

Uber in Rome is more expensive than regular white taxis, and isn't as widespread.
nexusCFX and Cmag211 like this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jun 1, 2024 at 7:07 pm
Old Jun 2, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
There is a fixed permanent taxi rank a 3 minute walk away from the hotel, on the corner of via campania and via veneto.
Very good to know this! Thank you
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 12:22 am

Uber in Rome is more expensive than regular white taxis, and isn't as widespread.
Do you happen to know if there are minivan taxis available here? We have a large family and would otherwise need to take two taxis.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by RouCrew
Do you happen to know if there are minivan taxis available here? We have a large family and would otherwise need to take two taxis.
Have not seen too many minivan taxis in Rome, although they are plentiful in Sorrento and part of the Amalfi Coast.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 2:35 pm

Does the Jr. Suite actually accommodate 2 adults and 2 children? It's letting me book it on the website (rare for Europe), but the couch looks like it makes a bed for 1. Do they pull out a cot as well? If there was availability, I'd likely just go with 2 rooms.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by RioAg
Does the Jr. Suite actually accommodate 2 adults and 2 children? It's letting me book it on the website (rare for Europe), but the couch looks like it makes a bed for 1. Do they pull out a cot as well? If there was availability, I'd likely just go with 2 rooms.
no. You will be cramped and miserable. The rooms in this hotel tiny. We move furniture around and take all the decorative pillows and floof off the bed to add some space and itístill feels cramped to me with two adults with minimal luggage. Get two rooms
Old Jun 27, 2024, 10:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, CX Green
I did a quick overnight at this property, and my experience mostly echoed with everyone else. The service is pretty good, the room mostly functions albeit on the smaller side, and the location is a bit underwhelming for tourists. Overall a reasonable option to spend a night, but definitely nothing luxury or high-end about this property.

Upgraded to the Premier room as a globalist (booked late and all suites were gone). However, despite being generously sized, the Premier room I was assigned is located by the staircase and does not offer any view at all. The Front desk moved me to a standard room facing the front, which was better for me.

The standard room is on the smaller side: reasonably comfortable for one person, a bit crowded for 2, but probably won't work at all for 3+ / a family. The bathroom is quite small and generally feels a bit cramped. It looks from the floor plan that the standard room is a suite made into 2 rooms, so that might explain the slightly weird setup.

The location - it is certainly located out of the main tourist action in a pretty quiet and classy neighborhood. The area around the hotel is pretty walkable and safe, so I mainly relied on my foot to get around. That being said it is around a 30 min walk to the Termini train station, and probably 20 min walk to the nearest Barberini metro station. There are some bus lines near the US Embassy on Via Sicilia that can take you around - consult google maps for routing, but of course, disregard the schedule.

Breakfast... let's say you didn't miss much if you can't wake up because of the jetlag. You can always grab a Cappuccino and a Cornetto in a bakery nearby for 3EUR
lalala likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 6:21 am

Just checked in. Upgraded to a King Jr Suite Deluxe as a Globalist. Front desk agent handed us bottles of water and informed us of complimentary breakfast (buffet or a la carte off menu), lounge (everything is complimentary, complimentary one time mini-bar and 10% off the rooftop restaurant. Received welcome letter, chocolates and a bottle of wine.

Singapore_Air and kevinjm like this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Just checked in. Upgraded to a King Jr Suite Deluxe as a Globalist. Front desk agent handed us bottles of water and informed us of complimentary breakfast (buffet or a la carte off menu), lounge (everything is complimentary, complimentary one time mini-bar and 10% off the rooftop restaurant. Received welcome letter, chocolates and a bottle of wine.

Are you sure about the lounge ??
Most other people who have stayed recently have said that the lounge has been downgraded to only free "vending machine" food and there's a menu with prices to be paid.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 4:44 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Most other people who have stayed recently have said that the lounge has been downgraded to only free "vending machine" food and there's a menu with prices to be paid.
Yes the lounge only has snacks, but for Globalist all those drinks and snacks are complimentary. After a long day or morning of touring stepping into the Tribune and the lounge for a cold beer is a nice break.
Troopers likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
This hotel would be a million times better if they could figure out how to use the upstairs restaurant for breakfast. The food is dismal at breakfast but the views would be awesome.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
This hotel would be a million times better if they could figure out how to use the upstairs restaurant for breakfast. The food is dismal at breakfast but the views would be awesome.
I think part of the problem is that there is only 1 elevator and it's very small....everyone trying to reach the top floor at around 9am would cause way too many long waits.

Also the space for tables on the terrace is even smaller than on the ground floor.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 6:58 am

Yes...no menu with prices form to be found. We visited the lounge yesterday and today.
est-gratuite likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.