Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Kacee
IMO the Pantheon is an absolute must. Only takes 30 minutes.
I love the area around the Pantheon. It's great to get an ice cream and sit at an outside cafe. It's then a short walk over to the beautiful Piazza Navone.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:28 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just did a 6 night stay, great value for off peak points redemption. Got upgraded to a larger corner King I believe. No SUA available. Overall, for the price of off peak and the location I was really happy with this hotel. Its super walkable to many attractions, not loud or near anything loud, and the breakfast was quite amazing.

I would absolutely go back here.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:09 pm

Looking for opinions. I have a two night stay here this July on points. Explorist level here. On the 2nd night I have an adult family member that wants to share the room for the night. How would this work out? Are there rollaway beds? Will we have to pay for an extra person fee even though room is booked with points? Will we have to formally check him in? I know most hotels in Italy require all guests show their passports at check-in. I haven't contacted the hotel directly yet;just looking for some opinions about this before I do. Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Phillyasian
Looking for opinions. I have a two night stay here this July on points. Explorist level here. On the 2nd night I have an adult family member that wants to share the room for the night. How would this work out? Are there rollaway beds? Will we have to pay for an extra person fee even though room is booked with points? Will we have to formally check him in? I know most hotels in Italy require all guests show their passports at check-in. I haven't contacted the hotel directly yet;just looking for some opinions about this before I do. Thanks.
Just make the points booking for 2 guests and tell them they'll check in the next day.
Phillyasian likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:53 pm

I am considering an upcoming stay here, already have rooms booked but working with the hotel to upgrade to a room that can accommodate 4 (2 adults 2 children). The Hyatt website/app allows 4 into a King Junior Suite room (I have one night on points booked there, and asked a hotel to upgrade from a King to a King Junior Suite for other nights). Does this kind of room accommodate 4? I don't care as much about space but need beds to be available for 4 as my kids are older. For example, a king bed and a sleeper sofa for 2 would be adequate, however, we cannot sleep in a king bed with a kid. I read through this topic and seems like people find the rooms on the smaller side. Pictures on the website are insufficient to visualize the entire room.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nyurka
I am considering an upcoming stay here, already have rooms booked but working with the hotel to upgrade to a room that can accommodate 4 (2 adults 2 children). The Hyatt website/app allows 4 into a King Junior Suite room (I have one night on points booked there, and asked a hotel to upgrade from a King to a King Junior Suite for other nights). Does this kind of room accommodate 4? I don't care as much about space but need beds to be available for 4 as my kids are older. For example, a king bed and a sleeper sofa for 2 would be adequate, however, we cannot sleep in a king bed with a kid. I read through this topic and seems like people find the rooms on the smaller side. Pictures on the website are insufficient to visualize the entire room.
i would let the hotel know what room you booked and tell them you have 4 people and ask for what room you would need. They may offer a cash upgrade option.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I personally wouldn't try and fit a family of four into a room here, as the suites are quite squeezy. I've been in many regular base rooms which are much bigger then a suite at this property. The room I was in was the same as pictured in post 17.

Having said that, I think you could probably fit two kids into the couch area of the suite that I had when I stayed. Not sure if the hotel would accommodate this though.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I was solo at this hotel and I had a king suite upgraded room. The room was very small.

p.s. I love their breakfast buffet.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 12:38 pm

I'm going to Rome with my 19 year old son in couple weeks...his first time, I've been there a handful but not for 20 years. Stayed at Intercontinental last time...had fantastic terrace room even if it was a little long in the tooth.

Anyways, we're there for three nights...I have tons of points on all the major programs (mostly CC...don't travel that much). All I have is a Hyatt CC, so I have very little status. My experience redeeming Hyatt rewards in this country isn't great.

I booked a room at the Inghiterra as I always wanted to stay there (Hemingway and my parents)...it's 80000 points for a Superior Double. The Tribune just became available and is 39000 for a standard room.

We walk a lot when we travel (easily 10-20 miles daily), so the slight further distance shouldn't matter.

Any comments?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2023, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by manku
We walk a lot when we travel (easily 10-20 miles daily), so the slight further distance shouldn't matter.
We are avid walkers and find it easy to walk everywhere from this hotel. If you have the time and don't mind walking up and down hills - with medium slopes, at least compared to my hometown of San Francisco - you won't need to take local transportation to explore Rome and visit most of the main sights. In fact, we even walked from the Termini to the hotel.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 1:58 pm

I'm going to Rome with my 19 year old son in couple weeks...his first time, I've been there a handful but not for 20 years. Stayed at Intercontinental last time...had fantastic terrace room even if it was a little long in the tooth.

Anyways, we're there for three nights...I have tons of points on all the major programs (mostly CC...don't travel that much). All I have is a Hyatt CC, so I have very little status. My experience redeeming Hyatt rewards in this country isn't great.

I booked a room at the Inghiterra as I always wanted to stay there (Hemingway and my parents)...it's 80000 points for a Superior Double. The Tribune just became available and is 39000 for a standard room.

Any comments?

Thanks!
Good lord. EASILY 10 to 20 mi a day? We walk a ton when we travel and generally are moving around all day and I think we usually do 8 to 10. I can't imagine easily hitting 10 to 20.

I have not stayed at the tribune but the reports of small rooms always give me a little pause, especially given the price.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:15 pm

Yeah...we're a little nutty. When we were in London a few years ago, we walked from the Sheraton Park Lane to Emirates...and back after the game!

Great way to see the city, but it was tiring.

As for room size, we won't be in much and I'm not sure if Inghilterra are any larger...and considering my Hyatt status not sure of any upgrade.

39000 points for three nights at The Tribune seems decent...rooms are $400/nightly all in. Or no?
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
39000 points for three nights at The Tribune seems decent...rooms are $400/nightly all in. Or no?
3 cpp is a very good redemption.

Note that the SLH redemption (Hotel d'Inghilterra) would include breakfast and a potential one category upgrade. But if you're looking to conserve points, not sure it's worth 2x. The Tribune location is certainly reasonably convenient.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
3 cpp is a very good redemption.

Note that the SLH redemption (Hotel d'Inghilterra) would include breakfast and a potential one category upgrade. But if you're looking to conserve points, not sure it's worth 2x. The Tribune location is certainly reasonably convenient.
Was not aware of that...we sort of decided that we would rather not have breakfast at hotels...last few trips to Europe many of the breakfast layouts were so extravagant that we ended up skipping lunch everyday. Good for the wallet, but I like trying restaurants when I travel...A cappucino and coronetto at a local bar would probably suffice.

Not really looking to conserve points, but don't want to waste them either.

I'll probably do The Tribune...if it's as hot as they say, at least it will be nice being by the park!

And those 41000 points will cover my stay in Zurich...
Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:24 pm

Yes if it costs 39k total for 3 nights that's a great redemption and I would do that there for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.