Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Smallest suite I've ever been in, but I think it was still worth using the TSU for me. If anything the extra space was useful for both relaxing in the evening and being able to put my luggage somewhere that didn't block anything.

My main issue would be that the bathroom was too small for my liking.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Just wanted to mention that the hotel rooftop restaurant on the 7th floor is excellent.
I have eaten there now on 2 separate occasions, having had completely different dishes each time, and each food course (including dessert) was excellent.
Even the cocktails were made to a high standard.
Staying guests get a 10% discount on all food items (not drinks).
Remember to show your room key and remind the waiter/waitress before asking for your bill.
Explore likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Just wanted to mention that the hotel rooftop restaurant on the 7th floor is excellent.
I have eaten there now on 2 separate occasions, having had completely different dishes each time, and each food course (including dessert) was excellent.
Even the cocktails were made to a high standard.
Staying guests get a 10% discount on all food items (not drinks).
Remember to show your room key and remind the waiter/waitress before asking for your bill.
Agree wholeheartedly.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be in Rome in May, and The Tribune looks like a nice place to stay! I will burn a TSU since we will be there for 3 nights.

People are saying that the bathroom is small but the pic upthread showed a decent sized bathroom - could anyone comment further? Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be in Rome in May, and The Tribune looks like a nice place to stay! I will burn a TSU since we will be there for 3 nights.

People are saying that the bathroom is small but the pic upthread showed a decent sized bathroom - could anyone comment further? Thanks
I did not get a suite when I stayed in December, though I thought the bathroom had more than enough room. If you've been to the GH NYC, they have tiny bathrooms and this one was certainly larger. I did not feel cramped at any point during my visit. I would imagine a bathroom in a suite would only be larger than my standard room.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

My junior suite had two small bathrooms: one with a tub, toilet, bidet and a magnificent view, the other with a shower.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for your quick replies! I am booking The Tribune as checking rates on Marriott.com, Hilton.com, and FHR did not showed anything better. The Globalist benefits and the TSU for the Junior Suite will make everything work.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I did not get a suite when I stayed in December, though I thought the bathroom had more than enough room. If you've been to the GH NYC, they have tiny bathrooms and this one was certainly larger. I did not feel cramped at any point during my visit. I would imagine a bathroom in a suite would only be larger than my standard room.
I think the bathroom was small for a suite. I've had smaller bathrooms - for example a regular room at Hyatt Regency Sydney has a smaller bathroom than the Tribune, but the suites at HR Sydney have a much more spacious bathroom. It's definitely usable, but quite crowded. I like more space when exiting the shower to fully dry myself, and I found the sink and hand towels were in the way.

Originally Posted by Explore
My junior suite had two small bathrooms: one with a tub, toilet, bidet and a magnificent view, the other with a shower.
Only one bathroom in mine. This is a picture I took standing in the far corner, with the door open, and using the wide angle camera on my phone.

kevinjm likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by gravii
I think the bathroom was small for a suite. I've had smaller bathrooms - for example a regular room at Hyatt Regency Sydney has a smaller bathroom than the Tribune, but the suites at HR Sydney have a much more spacious bathroom. It's definitely usable, but quite crowded. I like more space when exiting the shower to fully dry myself, and I found the sink and hand towels were in the way.

Only one bathroom in mine. This is a picture I took standing in the far corner, with the door open, and using the wide angle camera on my phone.

That looks like the same bathroom we had in a suite and only one bathroom, not 2 as some suites seem to have.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:17 am

Thank you again to FriendlySkies, Explore, gravii, and bmrisko for your quick response and clarifications, including the very helpful picture.

The size of the bathroom suits me fine, and while it's not to confuse with the gigantic bathroom at the Park Suite at the Park Hyatt Bangkok, it will work for us.
Glenlivet likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:22 pm

Just wanted to post a quick a review. at a category 4 it's a gem in my opinion other then the location but some views with balconies make it a plus. i thought the service was fantastic better then some phs. They switched my room which was a junior suite the next day to a room with a balcony which was a big plus. The rooms are very modern and I liked the design of the bathroom. One interesting thing I stayed 3 days with 2 people total and city tax was $45 total is that the norm in rome?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:50 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ijones027
One interesting thing I stayed 3 days with 2 people total and city tax was $45 total is that the norm in rome?
Yes. The Rome city tax for a 4 star hotel is 7.50 per person per night, so 45 is correct.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Apparently this room can accommodate 4 people - any idea how? Would it be terribly uncomfortable for a 2 night stay for a family of 4?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stop press !
New development !

Since the start of February this hotel now transforms the ground floor breakfast area into an executive club lounge between the afternoon hours of 1pm and 7pm each day from Monday to Friday (lounge NOT available on weekends at the moment)

Globalists are allowed free entry.

Wine, beer, and soft drinks plus a selection of (all cold) finger foods and sandwiches and cakes are served each day, at all hours in which the lounge is open.

The food does NOT change from day to day and is always the same.

From what I understand this "lounge" is still an experimental/testing phase and is not a permanent (or advertised) fixture yet, so what I have just written above may change (or disappear) over the coming weeks or months.
Explore, FriendlySkies and kevinjm like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:50 am

Wow, very interesting and a good development! I will be there in May, and will provide an update

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.