Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:40 am

Interesting promo… Does charging dinner to the room trigger this? Or is there something specific about providing the WoH number that only works at the restaurant?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rhg247
Does charging dinner to the room trigger this?
No.
Originally Posted by rhg247
Or is there something specific about providing the WoH number that only works at the restaurant?
Yes.

See the terms and conditions in the wiki.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
No.

Yes.

See the terms and conditions in the wiki.
haha. Fair enough.

Sounds like a lot of servers have no idea how to do this. So this must be a lot of breakage with this promo.

Seems like I may finally have something for MHC to do.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:34 pm

Wanted to take advantage of this promo even while local. Too bad the dining options in the Bay Area look very uninspiring.
Troopers likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by akleopard
Wanted to take advantage of this promo even while local. Too bad the dining options in the Bay Area look very uninspiring.
Nari at Hotel Kabuki in SF Japantown looks pretty good.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any Hyatt restaurants in Los Angeles/Orange County or San Diego that have good non-breakfast meals?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Lomic
Nari at Hotel Kabuki in SF Japantown looks pretty good.
That looks pretty good, but that hotel doesn’t show up in the participating hotels list, and even if it did I wonder if that restaurant is Hyatt operated or just a tenant.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by akleopard
That looks pretty good, but that hotel doesn’t show up in the participating hotels list, and even if it did I wonder if that restaurant is Hyatt operated or just a tenant.
I think it's just a tenant.

Re: restaurants.

- Watertable in HB is pretty good -- although I actually really like their breakfast and sometimes go there even when I'm not staying there.
- Ember & Rye at the Aviara is pretty good, and definitely participates in the program.
- etta @ The Shay is good -- though they may just be a tenant also. The last time I ate there they hadn't figured out how to do a room charge yet -- but that was shortly after the hotel opening.

A reminder that even if you are staying at the property, you can still get the 3x points by explicitly not charging it to your room -- and just running it directly to your Hyatt card instead.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AllThePants
I think it's just a tenant.

Re: restaurants.

- Watertable in HB is pretty good -- although I actually really like their breakfast and sometimes go there even when I'm not staying there.
- Ember & Rye at the Aviara is pretty good, and definitely participates in the program.
- etta @ The Shay is good -- though they may just be a tenant also. The last time I ate there they hadn't figured out how to do a room charge yet -- but that was shortly after the hotel opening.

A reminder that even if you are staying at the property, you can still get the 3x points by explicitly not charging it to your room -- and just running it directly to your Hyatt card instead.
I do want to try Etta. Anyone have a data point on this one?

Edit: Looks like The Shay isn't even a participating hotel, so that takes care of that.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Are these bonus points or base points?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Are these bonus points or base points?
Bonus. See the wiki for the terms and conditions.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:47 pm

Nari is fantastic, and NOT part of this promo. The other Bay Area restaurant affiliated with a Hyatt that seems worth going to is Acacia House, at Alila Napa, and that too is not part of this promo. Boo.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Mods, since my new thread on this was wrapped into a wiki, can you please update the thread title showing that the promo now goes through Dec 20, 2022? Thanks.

It now says Feb so folks might think it's over
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:44 am

Is there any Hyatt restaurant participating in this promotion worth eating at in New York?

Last edited by FlyingFromNY; Sep 17, 2022 at 8:51 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
Is there anywhere worth eating in New York?
Bagels and pastrami. Some may say the pizza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.