Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
3x Dining Points Promo Qs

Does this mean that the diner will receive 15 WOH base points for each dollar spent, plus elite bonus as applicable? Or 19+ points with the WOH credit card?

You're not supposed to be staying the night to qualify, but if paying per transaction with a credit card, there shouldn't be an issue, right?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:49 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Explore
Does this mean that the diner will receive 15 WOH base points for each dollar spent, plus elite bonus as applicable? Or 19+ points with the WOH credit card?

You're not supposed to be staying the night to qualify, but if paying per transaction with a credit card, there shouldn't be an issue, right?
see the master thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...eb-2022-a.html

yes 15 WOH points, plus elite bonus. don't know about credit card.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 26, 2021 at 6:56 am
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:50 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Currently staying at HR Zurich Airport. Had dinner and they knew I am a WoH member and asked for my card when paying. I at first wanted to charge to room, but thought… why not, give it a try, and yes, triple points posted within 5 minutes to my account.
Got both the 15x points, plus the stay credit.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:29 am

Yes-- to maximize points, best to pay with your card separately from your main folio. You'll get more points that way.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:47 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
One gets only the standard 5 base points per $ spent. The additional 10 points earned under this promo are bonus (and not base) points.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:53 am

Do we have to be targeted for this new offer too or is it open to all who have a WoH card?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Do we have to be targeted for this new offer too or is it open to all who have a WoH card?
I believe it is open to anyone who is a member of WoH.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...567U_000019578
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:41 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
open to all. I do not have the WoH Card.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
While this promotion is still ongoing, is there absolutely any reason why I shouldn't be paying separately for meals during stays at participating properties as opposed to doing a room charge? Completely forgot about this promotion and just realized I left some points on the table at PH Niseko last weekend by charging about $1200 in hotel dining to my room.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:43 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
While this promotion is still ongoing, is there absolutely any reason why I shouldn't be paying separately for meals during stays at participating properties as opposed to doing a room charge? Completely forgot about this promotion and just realized I left some points on the table at PH Niseko last weekend by charging about $1200 in hotel dining to my room.

-FlyerBeek
Well, the T&C state it is for non-stays. however, my waiter specifically asked me for my WOH card when paying (she knew I was a guest, as we had the RC appetizers and drinks). I was actually just about to sign the room charge.
15x points were credited and the regular hotel stay as well.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Well, the T&C state it is for non-stays. however, my waiter specifically asked me for my WOH card when paying (she knew I was a guest, as we had the RC appetizers and drinks). I was actually just about to sign the room charge.
15x points were credited and the regular hotel stay as well.
Understood, but it seems that most (if not 100%) the datapoints posted here reflect there being no issues receiving the bonus points by paying separately while staying.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know the exact functions necessary on the POS to link the bill with a WOH account? I've been met with blank stares and lack of knowledge of this function at two allegedly participating properties.
Biggie Fries and hp12c like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Understood, but it seems that most (if not 100%) the datapoints posted here reflect there being no issues receiving the bonus points by paying separately while staying.

-FlyerBeek
FAQ #1 states "Triple points will only apply for charges paid directly to the participating outlet and not to charges transferred to a room." Emphasis added mine. Why was bolded part included? How does one charge to the room if not staying? A similar statement is under FAQ #7. Perhaps I'm reading the T&C's incorrectly, but the promo is designed/worded for non-stay dining but staying the night does not preclude one from the bonus earn.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Does anyone know the exact functions necessary on the POS to link the bill with a WOH account? I've been met with blank stares and lack of knowledge of this function at two allegedly participating properties.
I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Tahoe and ate at the Lone Eagle Grille last Friday. I used my credit card instead of charging it to the room.

I also got confusion from the waiter and so far I haven't seen any points in my account for the charge. Given that others have seen the points quickly, I think I'm screwed.

In hindsight, I wish I hadn't tried to game the system and I had charged it to the room.
Exiled in Express and hp12c like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:59 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Troopers
FAQ #1 states "Triple points will only apply for charges paid directly to the participating outlet and not to charges transferred to a room." Emphasis added mine. Why was bolded part included? How does one charge to the room if not staying? A similar statement is under FAQ #7. Perhaps I'm reading the T&C's incorrectly, but the promo is designed/worded for non-stay dining but staying the night does not preclude one from the bonus earn.
interesting, FAQ#5 states something similar: it does not specifically state, that you may not stay at the hotel, it leaves this situation open.

5. What is considered a non-stay food and beverage charge?
Food and beverage ordered and paid for at a participating outlet when paid for with an Eligible Method of Payment. This can include dine-in, delivery and takeout. Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions.

T&C of Hyatt are often vague. Sometimes to our disadvantage (e.g. the breakfast discussion around an entree (any choice, or decided by the restaurant) this time the T&C seem to be to our advantage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.