FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2039622-getting-points-restaurant-spend-15x-spend-back-thru-20-dec2022.html)

SanDiego1K May 7, 2021 11:53 am

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Hyatt gives points for restaurant spend when not staying in the hotel. We've gotten two fancy new restaurants in local Hyatts so I put it to the test for the first time. We ate at Alila Marea Encinitas last night. The waitress was very familiar with how to do it, took my Hyatt card, and when she brought our bill, showed me that my Hyatt number was there. I was surprised and delighted to receive points already today. I received considerably more than I expected. Is there a promo running for Hyatt restaurant spend and if so for how long?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...48f0c19c15.jpg
The Hyatt website says I get 5x points per $1 spend.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f62464c160.jpg
This says "Non-Stay F&B Triple Points" but in fact gives 10x points in addition to 5x base points.

AllThePants May 7, 2021 11:56 am

Yes - 3x points through June 15th. Details here:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ine-local.html

Did you eat at Vaga? How was it?

SanDiego1K May 7, 2021 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants (Post 33233925)

Did you eat at Vaga? How was it?

Thanks for the link. I actually got 10X bonus points even though it said 3x so am puzzled. Overall, I got 16x points for the spend.

Yes, we ate at Vaga. It opened to the public on May 5. Eat on the balcony if you go to fully enjoy the coastal view. It is stunning. I have been following the restaurant and the chef on IG so was really looking forward to it. My husband and I agreed we have other excellent local restaurants that we prefer.

AllThePants May 7, 2021 12:04 pm

It's 3x what you would normally get. So normally you would get 5x $ spent. So instead of that, you get 15x. ( 3 x 5 x $ ). The extra 1.5x is the globalist 30% benefit (.3 * 5).

We're headed down to the Aviara towards the end of the month, so if there are any must-eats, would love to hear about them.

kevinjm May 7, 2021 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 33233940)
Thanks for the link. I actually got 10X bonus points even though it said 3x so am puzzled. Overall, I got 16x points for the spend.

Yes, we ate at Vaga. It opened to the public on May 5. Eat on the balcony if you go to fully enjoy the coastal view. It is stunning. I have been following the restaurant and the chef on IG so was really looking forward to it. My husband and I agreed we have other excellent local restaurants that we prefer.

Looks like it's 3x whatever your base earning is (which is 5points/$). The extra 1.5% was your Glob bonus.

This is a solid deal!

AllThePants May 7, 2021 12:15 pm

Yeah -- opens up some questions. Wonder if it's possible to pay for dining separate from the hotel folio -- as it would net more points under current promo structures.

My guess would be no given that the promo is coded as "Non-Stay" F&B Triple Points.

The math was different earlier in Q1 -- as most resorts had 4x point structures, so it made sense to just charge it to the room, but currently it seems like an actual on-premise guest is losing out since they only get the standard base points rate on their F&B spend.

DELee May 7, 2021 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants (Post 33233985)
Yeah -- opens up some questions. Wonder if it's possible to pay for dining separate from the hotel folio -- as it would net more points under current promo structures.

My guess would be no given that the promo is coded as "Non-Stay" F&B Triple Points.

The math was different earlier in Q1 -- as most resorts had 4x point structures, so it made sense to just charge it to the room, but currently it seems like an actual on-premise guest is losing out since they only get the standard base points rate on their F&B spend.

If you don't charge to the room and simply plunk down your WoH Card to pay for dinner, how does the hotel know? Are servers required to search the current guest database before entering the person's WoH identifier? Is Hyatt watching what charging is going onto a WoH member's card?

David

platbrownguy May 7, 2021 1:01 pm

This is great! Nice incentive to get back to Blue Duck Tavern at the PH DC.

lsquare May 8, 2021 1:51 am

This thread definitely has my attention. I had no idea restaurant spend earn base points. I'm assuming the base points from the restaurant spend count towards lifetime status? How do I know which Hyatt hotel restaurant is participating? Sounds like a very good deal indeed if all of this is true!

coleslaw May 8, 2021 10:20 am

This promo has been going on for a few months now. It was discussed in the promos and Bonus Journeys threads, but looks like lots of people didn’t see it. That’s a shame, since it’s a pretty good promo if you’re going to be eating/drinking at on property restaurants either way.

SanDiego1K May 8, 2021 10:42 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw (Post 33236100)
This promo has been going on for a few months now. It was discussed in the promos and Bonus Journeys threads, but looks like lots of people didn’t see it.

I think I saw it but didn't pay attention. 3x points isn't something that will influence my choice of restaurants. But by chance, we've had two new celeb driven restaurants opened at local Hyatt properties that I want to try. I brushed off my old Hyatt card to take with me because I'm a points junkie. I had no memory of the promo and it was quite the shock to see how many points I earned. Even then, I was perplexed at how many I got. I seriously wondered how 3x bonus could turn into 10x points. It took AllThePants to explain it. Now, I'm thinking I might fit in an extra meal or two if the second restaurant proves worthy of repeat business. I'm eating there tomorrow. In the end, I got 16.5x points for my meal. I think that Hyatt should have found better vocabulary to pitch this promo. It took me posting on FlyerTalk and getting the help of knowledgeable members to understand what a deal this is. (Even so, I'm enough of a foodie that I wouldn't choose a Hyatt restaurant unless the food is truly what I want to consume.)

coleslaw May 8, 2021 10:52 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 33236138)
I think I saw it but didn't pay attention. 3x points isn't something that will influence my choice of restaurants. But by chance, we've had two new celeb driven restaurants opened at local Hyatt properties that I want to try. I brushed off my old Hyatt card to take with me because I'm a points junkie. I had no memory of the promo and it was quite the shock to see how many points I earned. Even then, I was perplexed at how many I got. I seriously wondered how 3x bonus could turn into 10x points. It took AllThePants to explain it. Now, I'm thinking I might fit in an extra meal or two if the second restaurant proves worthy of repeat business. I'm eating there tomorrow. In the end, I got 16.5x points for my meal. I think that Hyatt should have found better vocabulary to pitch this promo. It took me posting on FlyerTalk and getting the help of knowledgeable members to understand what a deal this is. (Even so, I'm enough of a foodie that I wouldn't choose a Hyatt restaurant unless the food is truly what I want to consume.)

I think that the way the points post is consistent with other double / triple points promos. You get the standard 5x and then another 5x for double or 10x for triple. Bonus Journeys points posted in the same way. So it’s never Nx on top of the 5x base points (although I wish it was).

cubs87 May 8, 2021 1:54 pm

Now what I find more interesting is that the Alila is not listed as participating on the Hyatt promo page. I wonder which other hotels are eligible but not listed

MasterPlanner May 8, 2021 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants (Post 33233925)

Re: "Earn 3X points on dine-in, delivery or takeout at participating hotel restaurants through June 15, 2021 when you’re not staying the night." (Highlights mine)

Does anyone know if they're actually set up to know if they can track this, especially if one doesn't bill the meal to the room put rather puts in on a separate credit card charge? Seems like a bit of extra coding that might not be worth doing...

DELee May 8, 2021 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner (Post 33236604)
Re: "Earn 3X points on dine-in, delivery or takeout at participating hotel restaurants through June 15, 2021 when you’re not staying the night." (Highlights mine)

Does anyone know if they're actually set up to know if they can track this, especially if one doesn't bill the meal to the room put rather puts in on a separate credit card charge? Seems like a bit of extra coding that might not be worth doing...

See discussion above.

David